Jogging Track - Back to dodging lounge lizards?

One of the best features of the Oasis class was the full ship jogging track. A phenomenal thing where 2.4 laps is a mile, which is incredible, but even more so, the fact that it is in its own space, with one lane for runners and another for walkers.

Yes it remains a tad narrow, such that if you walk side by side chatting you will be inconsiderate to others who want to move faster, but you do not have to dodge people looking for pool lounge spots, or worse, who drag their chairs partway onto the track

Looking at the QotS, it seems like they are going back to the track around the pool concept, meaning if you want to run without having to dodge/knockdown/avoid pool lizards, you must run very early or very late.

Sad panda.

One of the best features of the Oasis class was the full ship jogging track. A phenomenal thing where 2.4 laps is a mile, which is incredible, but even more so, the fact that it is in its own space, with one lane for runners and another for walkers.

Yes it remains a tad narrow, such that if you walk side by side chatting you will be inconsiderate to others who want to move faster, but you do not have to dodge people looking for pool lounge spots, or worse, who drag their chairs partway onto the track

Looking at the QotS, it seems like they are going back to the track around the pool concept, meaning if you want to run without having to dodge/knockdown/avoid pool lizards, you must run very early or very late.

Sad panda.

Yup. looks like I'll be doing 7:00 a.m. runs. Well, at least the view will be better than the Oasis's track. No rain please.

Not to argue the point, but this goes to show you can't please everyone. I have read more than one complaint from folks about the inadequacies of the outside promenade on the Oases, in part because of the running track. Even though the promenade on Quantum does not go all the way around, from prior threads, I actually thought most would prefer what appears from the renderings to be increased sea-viewing area and moving the track back to the upper decks [where it is on most RCI ships]. If I were a track runner, I think I would prefer the track to be nearer the fitness center because there are some things I would like to do there either before or after a run.

Personally, I am a treadmill runner, so I am not that concerned about the location of the track, but I can sympathize with those of you trying to dodge the loungers -- and I would not like the idea of having to get up early on vacation. However, I do enjoy standing on the rail and watching the water [and the occasional sea-life] from time to time.

Sad panda.

I absolutely LOVED the jogging track on Oasis....IMO, the best track at sea. Sure it doesn't have the greatest view of the ocean, however it beats running under the hot sun and going against the wind on sea days.

Oasis track is unique as is the majority of the ship. I didn't expect the same track on Quantum but I do hope that its not 15 times around for one mile like many other ships. In any case, I'll be on the track for my morning run no matter where its located.

Sad panda.

QOS does not have a jogging track.

BTW the Royal Princess does.

QOS does not have a jogging track.

BTW the Royal Princess does.

The Quantum of the Seas does have a jogging track. It's located right on deck 15 and goes around the entire outer perimeter of the deck, including he flow rider. It won't be as big as the Oasis' simply because the ship isn't as big but it will easily be bigger than the ones found on any other RCCL ship.

attachment.php?attachmentid=271313&stc=1&d=1368580317

363187003_ScreenShot2013-05-14at9_09_30PM.jpg.ea3c5dcd5420dec0c310853b954774b8.jpg

The QOS does not have a jogging track.

What is marked on the deck plan is something painted on a rudimentary sun deck packed with loungers.

Marketing people have a list of features that have to be listed as features no matter what they really are.

What is marked on the deck plan is something painted on a rudimentary sun deck packed with loungers.

Marketing people have a list of features that have to be listed as features no matter what they really are.

Please look very closely at the image provided by DEIx15x8, and revisit this statement. It explicitly states "JOGGING TRACK" (in caps), and is reminiscent of the "jogging tracks found on other RCI ships (I grant you, this won't be the type of "jogging track" found on Oasis/Allure, but it is typical of the ones found on the other RCI ships). Note, that you can look at the deck plans of all the other ships and see a track labeled as such, and is used as such.

And if you still believe this is not a jogging track, please tell us what you think it is, or what it will be used for (I seriously suspect it will be used for jogging, especially if they paint a track there).

Hi Cruisetrail!!

Hope you go back to your thread on the Celebrity Board. :(:( "The Grand Tour of the Celebrity Eclipse..." is not the same without you. Although some really nice posters are trying to help and are doing a good job keeping the thread alive. :):)

Hi Cruisetrail!!

Hope you go back to your thread on the Celebrity Board. :(:( "The Grand Tour of the Celebrity Eclipse..." is not the same without you. Although some really nice posters are trying to help and are doing a good job keeping the thread alive. :):)

drarill,

Thank you.

I will continue it later.

Please look very closely at the image provided by DEIx15x8, and revisit this statement. It explicitly states "JOGGING TRACK" (in caps), and is reminiscent of the "jogging tracks found on other RCI ships (I grant you, this won't be the type of "jogging track" found on Oasis/Allure, but it is typical of the ones found on the other RCI ships). .

My friend, this is marketing.

What it states is not what it is. Don't look at the ads, look at the ship.

Normal ships (ships with sufficient open space) have no problems with spaces for jogging/strolling.

Freedom Class has wrap-around promenade deck which is physically a jogging/strolling track/space/avenue - whatever you call it.

145lps.jpg

There is also a "painted on the sun deck" "jogging track" on the Freedom class.

It's not a real thing, but note that the Freedom class has open spaces QOS can only dream about.

sutt0y.jpg

And if you still believe this is not a jogging track, please tell us what you think it is

It is what it is on the ship.:)

2zszn0y.jpg

My friend, this is marketing.

What it states is not what it is. Don't look at the ads, look at the ship.

Normal ships (ships with sufficient open space) have no problems with spaces for jogging/strolling.

Freedom Class has wrap-around promenade deck which is physically a jogging/strolling track/space/avenue - whatever you call it.

145lps.jpg

There is also a "painted on the sun deck" "jogging track" on the Freedom class.

It's not a real thing, but note that the Freedom class has open spaces QOS can only dream about.

sutt0y.jpg

It is what it is on the ship.:)

2zszn0y.jpg

WHATEVER it is called, I will be running on it on Deck 15 each morning before the crowds gather. :D

Well looking at this image I can see where they get

Cruises are for

Newly wed

Over Fed

Nearly Dead

2zszn0y.jpg

I can see all 3 groups in this Image . Mainly Over Fed & Nearly Dead.

If you look closely at the image you can see 2 Newly Weds.

QOS and its 5 Sisters are of course Cool Weather Ships so the Jogging Track should be fine

Large Deckplan of Jogging Track

Whatever.

This is a Celebrity ship, not RCI.

Cruises are for

Newly wed

Over Fed

Nearly Dead

2zszn0y.jpg

QOS and its 5 Sisters are of course Cool Weather Ships so the Jogging Track should be fine

• 2 years later...

I seriously love the running track on Oasis and Allure. It was a pleasure to run on them, even when you have to bypass the walkers. Just been looking at where the track will be on Ovation for a May cruise and it's going to have to be mornings or evenings which sucks really. Still better than Enchanment though where the running track went into a wall

Cruises are for

Newly wed

Over Fed

Nearly Dead

2zszn0y.jpg

A bunch of them have the same hats - straw with the black ribbon. Wonder if there was a group on board.

A bunch of them have the same hats - straw with the black ribbon. Wonder if there was a group on board.

LOL, Hats were photoshopped, ribbons are all facing the same way, guy on the bottom left hat doesn't even look right on his head.

Agreed that the track on Oasis/Allure are much better than on Quantum/Anthem.

Edited by 70SS350

If it is not to your liking and doesn't meet your needs - DON'T GO. Book something else.

I doubt the ship planners are adversely targeting the very small percentage that considers this to be a critical "must have" feature. - unless you believe in the tin foil hat conspiracy crowd.

There, wasn't that easy?

We're still allowed to have an opinion though. There's 50 billion threads on here about formal wear and the best lobster so I don't think it's that outrageous for us to have a discussion about the lack of running track planning. I run five times a week so it will impact me. Not to the point where I wouldn't go on the cruise but enough for me to mourn Allure and Oasis. Running on them two was a pleasure

Wow...thread pulled out of the archives of 2013! :eek: ;)

A lot of those ships have changed the track from what the pictures show from

three years ago!

Freedom is one of them. Not even close to the pictures shown any longer.

Edited by island lady