No towel animals in the cabin

I had the best ones ever on my recent TA on the Mariner. Not sure if it was a the long cruise, that we were in an OS, or the fact it was our attendants last cruise before his vacation started, maybe all three.

Anyway, he was probably the most talented towel folder I have seen, including Ninja bunnies with nunchuks and a family of swans where the mama was holding a baby and the daddy was reading the next days compass.

We got 2 on our 4 night Majesty cruise. My wife loves them! She was minorly disappointed she didn't get a 3rd, but we didn't expect one every night.

I think we got 3 on our Allure cruise 3 years ago, 7 night cruise.

I think they're kinda cool. Just a fun little throwaway thing that can help make a vacation even better.

On our cruises (including Allure) we get a towel animal every other night I enjoy them and my hubby loves seeing the pleasure I get from the talented staff. I totally forgot about the chocolate -- only had that on our first cruise to Alaska on the Serenade -- was a nice touch but I only ate them (and don't need them). I hope the animals don't become extinct - I have a photo collection of the different animals.

Anyway, he was probably the most talented towel folder I have seen, including Ninja bunnies with nunchuks and a family of swans where the mama was holding a baby and the daddy was reading the next days compass.

PS I would love to see these :)

On Adventure of the Seas, we had animals every night. On Majesty, only twice.

JM

Well my son will be very glad to hear that you got towel animals on the AOS every night. When we are heading back to our cabin for the evening we each say what we think that towel animal will be and whoever is right gets an extra ice cream cone the next day. A fun little game that my son LOVES, I also have to take a picture of him with every towel animal that we get..... It is actually nice, I get to see how much he has grown since the last cruise....

Edited by ILUVCRUIZN

On our last Serenade cruise, we didn't get a towel animal for the first two nights. So my husband and I decided to create towel animals to leave for our cabin attendant!

Needless to say, on night 3 we got a towel animal. Then it got to be a competition between him and us -- with each trying to outdo the other.

It actually was quite fun and he told us he couldn't wait to get to our cabin in the evening to see what we had come up with. He was probably embellishing the truth a bit, but he told us in 3 seasons of working on the ship, he had never had a guest leave him towel animals!

Ann

Same sailing as you were on, and we had towell animals every night but the first night. Chocolates were also there for 4 nights. We had a great cabin attendant, he took very good care of our room and all our little requests, extra towells,ice for cooler, glasses, etc.

It was our first cruise and we enjoyed it so much we are planning our next!

• 1 month later...

I love the animals, and love when they leave them so I have a zoo in my room...I love the monkey when they hang it some place random in the room or the dog with my sun glasses. To me it's what makes our sleeping quarters a little special rather then just being a floating hotel... I can't believe though they are getting so cheap they can't leave a chocolate each night... :/ it's nice having a little sweet in the room for a late night treat.

One time I got a "man". We nicknamed him Bob.

Bob.jpg

Bob.jpg

That's too funny! We had a dead body under our bed once. The cabin attendant took my husbands pants and filled them with towels and put his shoes on the end and they were sticking out from under the bed. It looked way to real! We really had fun with the attendant!

The Wife and I have done many, many cruises and we really enjoy the ships. But I don't need any towel animals.

The way it's supposed to work is, I come back from dinner, find a towel animal, and think, "Oh how cute, I'll give him an extra tip".:)

A few times, I have told the Steward in a nice tone... "Please don't bother with any towel animals".

Well, it was like I had ruined his day. As if he had been waiting all his life to make towel animals for me, and I had disappointed him terribly.

If the Steward really wanted to please me, he could spend some extra time making sure I don't get charged for any of the mini bar stuff they insist on placing in my room.:)

I think towel animals were at one time a fun novelty, a nice surprise.

But now... I think they fall into the same category as the dining room staff stopping service while they all sing a song.

Oh.... I'm thinking of changing my screen name to "Crotchety old Fart".

What do you think?

The Wife and I have done many, many cruises and we really enjoy the ships. But I don't need any towel animals.

The way it's supposed to work is, I come back from dinner, find a towel animal, and think, "Oh how cute, I'll give him an extra tip".:)

A few times, I have told the Steward in a nice tone... "Please don't bother with any towel animals".

Well, it was like I had ruined his day. As if he had been waiting all his life to make towel animals for me, and I had disappointed him terribly.

If the Steward really wanted to please me, he could spend some extra time making sure I don't get charged for any of the mini bar stuff they insist on placing in my room.:)

I think towel animals were at one time a fun novelty, a nice surprise.

But now... I think they fall into the same category as the dining room staff stopping service while they all sing a song.

Oh.... I'm thinking of changing my screen name to "Crotchety old Fart".

What do you think?

Agree. Definitely change your screen name.

We enjoy towel animals so once we get to our cabin we either tell the room attendant that we love them and give them a tip or leave them a note and a tip.

We appreciate that they have a lot of cabins to take care of and towel animals take time.

It's nice to come back from dinner or a show and have one waiting for us.

On the Norwegian Sky we had them twice a day and we formed a zoo on the couch.

Hey - it's vacation and fun is fun.

This is my plan. I love the animals too. Like you, I realize that they are time-consuming and many passengers don't really care about them one way or the other. I do. It's silly, I guess, but they're a big deal to me. It's unique to cruise vacations. No hotel house keeper has ever left me a towel animal!! I'll definitely give a tip and let the steward know that I'd like to get them as frequently as he/she has time to make them!!

One time I got a "man". We nicknamed him Bob.

Bob.jpg

Bob.jpg

This is abso-freakin-lutely the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I truly laughed out loud... LOUD. Thanks for posting.

I do have one question, however...

Which "man" did your cabin steward leave you? The one in the life jacket ready to jump ship? Or the naked one sitting on the couch? :eek:

(Sorry.... couldn't resist:cool:)

Too bad you can't indicate somewhere that you would like to have towel animals. We don't really care about them and it is just one more unnecessary item in an already small cabin. However, I know that many people really enjoy them and look forward to them.

Our cabin attendant once explained that, especially on the larger ships, the added laundry and potential towel shortages were becoming real issues. He apologized and told us he had been instructed to make the animals only every other night. On this particular cruise, we had the same cabin attendant as the Captain so I think he was a bit more concerned about adhering to policy.

They are quite easy to make an you can get a book. For those that have small children, this could be an option...just in case.

Just one towel animal per night per cabin would use thousands of towels.

We were on carnival every nite a towel animal on royal maybe every other nite if you are lucky there was one. It's a guessing game the wife and I like to play to see who can guess the animal on the bed that nite. Just something fun to do and if you do guess right the rewards can be a lot of fun......

That is really funny, have not seen a towel animal done that way.Our very first cruise, I cam back to our cabin for something and saw the curtain drawn around our bed, thought that was odd and when I opened it, there is an animal with my sunglasses. Thought it was the cutest thing. We look forward to our animals and one cruise, each night they got placed on the sofa bed. We must have had 6 sitting there watching TV.:D

Our daughter and SIL will join us for their first cruise and don't want to spoil the fun of their seeing their first towel animal. :)