Balcony Boardwalk Deck 11 Cabins

HI all! Sorry I know there are lots of threads on Balcony Boardwalk cabins but I can't find the answer I'm looking for!

I've established from these forums that the more aft the cabin the better the view. Then it appears that a lot of people say deck 11 is best. So I was looking at 11327-329 and their counterparts directly opposite. However, I've looked at some pictures people have posted online and it looks like that bridge on 12 goes right over top of these rooms balconies... does that sound right? anyone experienced these cabins?

Also, wouldn't lower down in terms of decks (9 or 10) be clearer (Closer) view to Aquatheatre? sorry for all the q's and confusion!! ;-)

I can't speak to deck 11 and the bridge, but I DO have some photos in my review (Allure; linked in my sig) of that area, and it did appear the very end cabins might have the view straight back obscured a bit, but the view below would be great! Check out the photos and see, I think 12 would have more of an issue than 11.

I can tell you that my DD's had a cabin on deck 8 about 7 cabins back from the back and they had a nice ocean view, they could see the big screen easily but not things happening down in the pool!

People like 11 because it has the public deck at the end of the hall (we watch a lot of the shows from there ourselves) Because of this I think, any of the last 8-10 cabins from the end of deck 11 would be great- you'd be able to see the ocean, and see things happening in the theater (it's not like sitting in the theater, but actually better for seeing into the pool). And if you wanted a better look you could always go to the public deck at the end of the hall- this is nice becasue unlike your own balcony there are loungers there!:D

Photo of BW- see how the "bridge" might block the straight out view, but you could look "down"?

149870688.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by Familygoboston

Sorry just bumping this as I need to book today! help please?

We had 11323 and 11325, which were next to those last two and the views are no different. I'd book them in a second. The ocean view is outstanding and it's fun being out on the balcony.

People have mentioned that they enjoy watching the Ocean Aria show from these balconies. It's a bit of a different perspective, but the sound of the show is somewhat muffled up there. I would recommend watching the show up there, but only after or before seeing it from the seats.

I have read various things about Boardwalk Balcony cabins before my cruise that I would address. The first is noise. There is some noise from the shows that ends around 11:30. With your door closed, you can barely hear it, but you can hear it. If you are sensitive to noise and want to sleep before 11, maybe another cabin would work better. The second concern was privacy. If you draw your shades and curtains, nobody can see in. It's not an issue. The reason I would take a Boardwalk balcony cabin again if we did this type of ship is that they are unique to this class and they're fun. You get the ocean and you still feel part of the action.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks guys!

Hubofhockey... was the bridge directly over the top of your cabin balcony or the ones closer to the end? That sounds confusing, but I was thinking if we booked the two end ones, it would be weird if standing on balcony, if you looked up the bridge went straight over top of you, quite close to your heads (well ok a metre or so...) rather than looking straight up to sky (past the other balconies!)

Edited by BUNNY81

We had 11327 and 11329 in February and the bridge does not go directly over the cabins. We had great views from our balconies, and loved the cabins. We are planning to book them again the next time we go on Oasis or Allure.

Thanks Mama2tay!!! Thats sooo good to know ;-) In both these cabins, were they beds by balcony? (Because i was booking two beside each other but prefer bed by balcony so thought I had to 11329 and 11325...)

I can't speak to deck 11 and the bridge, but I DO have some photos in my review (Allure; linked in my sig) of that area, and it did appear the very end cabins might have the view straight back obscured a bit, but the view below would be great! Check out the photos and see, I think 12 would have more of an issue than 11.

I can tell you that my DD's had a cabin on deck 8 about 7 cabins back from the back and they had a nice ocean view, they could see the big screen easily but not things happening down in the pool!

People like 11 because it has the public deck at the end of the hall (we watch a lot of the shows from there ourselves) Because of this I think, any of the last 8-10 cabins from the end of deck 11 would be great- you'd be able to see the ocean, and see things happening in the theater (it's not like sitting in the theater, but actually better for seeing into the pool). And if you wanted a better look you could always go to the public deck at the end of the hall- this is nice becasue unlike your own balcony there are loungers there!:D

Photo of BW- see how the "bridge" might block the straight out view, but you could look "down"?

149870688.jpg

Good luck!

Kathleen, Please, please, please come with us on our cruises. You'll make it so much better for us :D. Really, it's about time you added a few more cruises to your "to do" list.

Skip

I was in the same situation, here is why I chose deck 9:

Better view of shows from balcony. We have a ten yo with us and may not make some later shows, this way-he can sleep and we can watch.

NO public balcony, I have heard a few complaints of late night partiers going to the public balcony very late in the night and being loud. One even mentioned the "balcony club" excursion one time...um, no thank you. (Balcony Club=sex)

Quiet-there is no reason for anyone to be walking past our door, nothing past us.

Close enough to enjoy watching the other Boardwalk activities: I like to people watch so seeing people at Rita's will be fun, seeing kids on the carousel will be fun.

This is just me, others may not feel the same way, but it gives you some things to consider.

HI all! Sorry I know there are lots of threads on Balcony Boardwalk cabins but I can't find the answer I'm looking for!

I've established from these forums that the more aft the cabin the better the view. Then it appears that a lot of people say deck 11 is best. So I was looking at 11327-329 and their counterparts directly opposite. However, I've looked at some pictures people have posted online and it looks like that bridge on 12 goes right over top of these rooms balconies... does that sound right? anyone experienced these cabins?

Also, wouldn't lower down in terms of decks (9 or 10) be clearer (Closer) view to Aquatheatre? sorry for all the q's and confusion!! ;-)

I read somewhere here that the bridge only really impacts deck 14 BW cabins. We're booked on deck 11 a few cabins from the end......opposite Rita's from memory.

I was in the same situation, here is why I chose deck 9:

Better view of shows from balcony. We have a ten yo with us and may not make some later shows, this way-he can sleep and we can watch.

NO public balcony, I have heard a few complaints of late night partiers going to the public balcony very late in the night and being loud. One even mentioned the "balcony club" excursion one time...um, no thank you. (Balcony Club=sex)

Quiet-there is no reason for anyone to be walking past our door, nothing past us.

Close enough to enjoy watching the other Boardwalk activities: I like to people watch so seeing people at Rita's will be fun, seeing kids on the carousel will be fun.

This is just me, others may not feel the same way, but it gives you some things to consider.

I have stayed on deck 11 Boardwalk balcony close to the aft 6 times on Oasis and twice on Allure and never have I see more that a couple of people on that public balcony or heard any noise. Deck 11 is my deck of choice on the Oasis class.

Yes at sail away out of Port Everglades a few people maybe but not during the cruise.:):)

I was not bothered by any noise from the Boardwalk area and love the combination of people watching, seeing the ocean and watching the shows from these balconies.

Here are a couple of photos to show the 'bridge' area.

P1000689.JPG

P1030337.JPG

Thanks Emmy! Ah so I see the last two cabins on deck 11 are RIGHT underneath the bridge! What cabin number was that top picture taken from?

The top photo was taken from my deck 11 Boardwalk cabin 11325 looking up slightly at deck 14 and 12. The second photo was taken from the sports deck which is deck 15.

We stayed in the last balcony on deck 11 on our March cruise on the Allure....

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED.... can't say enough how much we LOVED this cabin (11729)

First, the bridge running across is deck 14, you actually have the 12th deck cabin directly over your head... and keep that in mind, you will always have something over your head, whether that bridge or another cabin, but I can promise I didn't notice the bridge at ALL while sitting out on our balcony. It's 2 decks higher and not at all obtrusive of any good view.

Unless you are an early and light sleeper, these cabins are the bomb-diggity-bomb. You have the semi-public balcony right outside your door (which we used constantly as you get a great wrap around view of the Boardwalk, the Wake and the side of the ship and NO ONE was ever out there except for a few times). You get to people watch AND wake watch AND theater watch all at the same time from the comfort of your balcony.

WE loved this balcony and will definitely book it again. Hope this helps!

Edited by Kenlorz

I was in 12727.

As I looked up, I could see sky, part of bridge, zip line and the feet of people on the take-off platform of the zip line. I enjoyed watching and hearing the zip line take-off, though others might not have liked it. I could see so much because there was no balcony above on deck 14. If you want a pic, I will try to find one. If you are on deck 11, you'd have to stick your head out to look past the balcony above to see that platform.

Edited by Starry Eyes

We'll be on deck 11 in December! We originally booked connecting rooms 8725 & 8723 on deck 8 then switched to 11325 & 11323 after advice from the B1 pros here on CC. :D

These photos of 10325 posted by rakes5 really helped:

Here are some pictures off the balcony

Allure_10325_DSC00182.jpg

Allure_10325_DSC00183.jpg

Allure_10325_DSC00184.jpg

Allure_10325_P3130021.jpg

Allure_10325_DSC00207.jpg

Also wanted to add that even though rakes5 photos above were from 10325 we went up one deck to 11 to take advantage of easy access to the "private public" space as shown by Sherri (KansCocoa) in her great Allure review (same space on Oasis):

…and now…for the top-secret area on Deck 11 (and actually, on Deck 12, too).

At the very, very back of the ship…on both decks 11 and 12…there are PUBLIC-access balconies:

AnnotatedDeck11_zps3a6c99ba.jpg

Hey look - I figured out how to annotate!!!

A lot of cruisers don’t know about these, because the balconies below these are all attached to a super-swanky cabin…and are private. Cruisers down below in the Boardwalk or Aqua Theater area will look up, and assume that the balconies ALL the way up must be private…but that’s not true.

These balconies can be found on either side…port and starboard. All you need to do is walk down the hallways – until the very end – and you’ll find a glass door that will take you out to the balconies.

They’re huge:

Deck114_zpsabb59037.jpg

Say hi to Amy...as she scurries back for more champagne for our Sailaway party....

They’re private:

Deck113_zps08cb81bf.jpg

And they provide a GREAT view of not only the Aqua Theater (perfect for the OceanAria show or the Dreamworks shows), but also a great view of the ocean…It was also PERFECT for a private sailaway party - especially the port side - as it gave us a great view of Ft. Lauderdale as we were leaving....

Deck115_zpsc0166b0f.jpg

This is ESPECIALLY nice for the poor souls like me who have an inside cabin – with no balcony whatsoever.

Deck112_zps7851d8e3.jpg

I would head to this balcony numerous times with my Diet Coke and my Kindle…where I’d stretch out on the lounger and read, watch the wake, or watch people run back to the ship at the various ports. Who needs to pay for a balcony when you have these at your disposal??!!! ;)

If you're looking to escape the crowds and the noise on the Allure, one of these FOUR balconies is your perfect choice…but shhhhhhh…..keep it a secret. The more people that know – the more people that will utilize them – and they won’t be so quiet!

This was most DEFINITELY one of my Top 10 Places to Visit on the Allure - it may even be #1!!!!

I will be in 12729 (very last cabin) on Deck 12. It was the only aft cabin available on all the decks. Does that mean the balcony will be totally under the bridge? Will I still get some sort of view above? Thanks for any help.

People have mentioned that they enjoy watching the Ocean Aria show from these balconies. It's a bit of a different perspective, but the sound of the show is somewhat muffled up there. I would recommend watching the show up there, but only after or before seeing it from the seats.

That concurs with my experience. We were in 11327 and I couldn't tell if they were announcing a show or that a train was arriving on track 7! The sound was terrible.

But, we both loved the balcony. The bridge provides some shade at various times of the day and since neither one of us is a sun worshiper, we liked that. It is not right over the balcony of 11327 and I assume 11727. We also used the balcony at the end of deck 11 from time to time and never had a problem finding seats. Usually, just us or us and another couple.

I would do this again. Good exercise walking back and forth to the elevator.

I will be in 12729 (very last cabin) on Deck 12. It was the only aft cabin available on all the decks. Does that mean the balcony will be totally under the bridge? Will I still get some sort of view above? Thanks for any help.

Yours is a popular cabin. I am surprised it was the last one available. Maybe somebody canceled just before you booked...lucky you.

I stayed in the cabin next door. Your balcony will be shady due to the bridge. But that bridge is not so very wide, so you should be able to turn forward or aft to see sky. You will have a nice view of the aqua theater and the ocean with the ship's wake. The door to the public deck is a few feet past your cabin door, so you can step out there if you crave more sun or sky....sounds ideal to me....have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Hi cidymom - rt1092 previously posted these pictures of the 12729 balcony, and the second pic really shows how the bridge looks above it. Hope this helps you decide if it will bother you or not :) BTW it also looks like you'll have a nice view of the hang glider art lol!:

Some pics.

View from cabin 12729 boardwalk balcony.

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

Edited by SeaHunt

Thank you both for sharing your comments and showing pics of 12729. It definitely doesn't show the bridge on the Royal Caribbean deck plans so I wasn't expecting that (only found out from reading reviews on CC)! I guess it will be shady but at least I will still get a view of the water and the Aqua Theatre. It sure looks from one of the pictures that you can just reach up and touch the bottom of that bridge. I hope it's not that close. Thanks again everyone.

Thank you both for sharing your comments and showing pics of 12729. It definitely doesn't show the bridge on the Royal Caribbean deck plans so I wasn't expecting that (only found out from reading reviews on CC)! I guess it will be shady but at least I will still get a view of the water and the Aqua Theatre. It sure looks from one of the pictures that you can just reach up and touch the bottom of that bridge. I hope it's not that close. Thanks again everyone.