Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

We are first time cruisers and are thankful for your efforts to report from aboard and the pics! Hope that all quarks will be ironed out by our July 19th date :) Could you let me know - is drinking water readily available by the cabins? do we need to bring bottled water on board or I was thinking to bring a Britta filter (?)

Thanks!

-Eva

While the water on any ship is highly filtered, I found that using my water bottle with a filter helped decrease the water retention I usually get on a ship. I know some people will say that the retention is because they over salt the food, but my last cruise was the first time that I wasn't swollen with water, so it seemed to work for me.

With the exception of the centrum I think this ship is beautiful. Interior looks much different than the dream which I found gaudy as all get out. Are carnival finally paying attention? Love your pictures.

With the exception of the centrum I think this ship is beautiful. Interior looks much different than the dream which I found gaudy as all get out. Are carnival finally paying attention? Love your pictures.

Thank you.

Carnival stopped using Joe Farcus for design.

While the water on any ship is highly filtered, I found that using my water bottle with a filter helped decrease the water retention I usually get on a ship. I know some people will say that the retention is because they over salt the food, but my last cruise was the first time that I wasn't swollen with water, so it seemed to work for me.

Thanks Karen1

Hi Sarge. Thank you very much for your wonderful pictures. I need a favour. The thing is that we're on the June 16th sailing and have booked 2 rooms, 10121 & 10123. The customer care people confirm that these are interconnecting rooms from the inside but on the website the deck plans don't confirm the same. Could you please physically verify the same since we'll have my two kids sleep in the connecting room, which might become a big issue in case the rooms are not connected from the inside. I hope it's not too much to ask and it won't be of inconvenience to you. Thanks a ton in advance and have a wonderful time...:)

On the website that I am looking at, there is an interconnecting door in 10123 but it connects to 10125. You may want to confirm that. If that is so, maybe they could ask the guests who are in 10125 to exchange rooms ( 10121 ) with you. I'm sure they wouldn't want the door between their room and 10123, especially if there are children in there.

Archived