How do you know when your room is ready?

MikeySoft

I forgot how it worked last time. Do they tell you when you check in, announce when you are onboard, or you just go to the room to see if it is ready? We will are departing out of Seattle in early June..

There is usually an announcement when the rooms are ready. On my last two cruises, they have told us that the rooms were getting their "finishing touches" but that we could drop our carry-on bags in our rooms when we got onboard. There there is a second announcement later when the rooms are completely done.

You can also tell by seeing if the hallway doors are open or closed. If closed, they're not ready for you yet.

Sometimes we are in a part of the ship where we don't hear the announcement about the rooms being ready. We have found it easier to just go and check for ourselves around 1:30. Nine times out of ten they've been done.

The cruise director will make an announcement when they are ready, but it doesn't hurt to check earlier and drop any carry on bags off. That's also a good time to meet your room steward and say a quick hello.

I forgot how it worked last time. Do they tell you when you check in, announce when you are onboard, or you just go to the room to see if it is ready? We will are departing out of Seattle in early June..

Usually about the time we are sitting down and looking over the lunch dessert menu in the MDR for lunch we hear the announcement ;)

Usually about the time we are sitting down and looking over the lunch dessert menu in the MDR for lunch we hear the announcement ;)

Yes! Lunch in the main dining room (with our carryons stowed with us) is so much more relaxing than struggling to find a seat in the buffet. On the Jade in December, the waiter suggested we stay a little longer after dessert to be sure our cabin was ready. So nice and comfortable!

The cruise director will make an announcement when they are ready, but it doesn't hurt to check earlier and drop any carry on bags off.

By the time any general announcement is made ALL the cabins must be ready - but many may have been ready a lot earlier. The announcement is at the mercy of the slowest cabin attendants (or the messiest prior occupants) so the majority may already be OK. Worth checking, even prior to lunch, at least ot be able to drop off carry-ons.

We usually drop off our bags in the cabin and get out of the stewards' way as quick as possible. But, usually our cabin is ready by the time we board.

I noticed on the Norwegian Sky, we only got "BING" and not "BONG." Was kind of disturbing, as I had been used to "BING BONG" for so long, too.

I noticed on the Norwegian Sky, we only got "BING" and not "BONG." Was kind of disturbing, as I had been used to "BING BONG" for so long, too.

Wow. I didn't even notice that there was no BONG on the Sky....:(

Archived