not nasty at all

dr.dawg

just got off the maasdam, fifteen days, ft. laud to montreal. bad weather, but what a happy cruise. met a couple of cc folks, they were actually nice. i was surprised, given my experience on this site. maybe there is hope yet.

just got off the maasdam, fifteen days, ft. laud to montreal. bad weather, but what a happy cruise. met a couple of cc folks, they were actually nice. i was surprised, given my experience on this site. maybe there is hope yet.

What can you tell us about the reported flooding episode(s)? Some reports have me very concerned, as I'm about to embark from Boston this Saturday, 5/25!

Glad you had a happy cruise.

Please write a full review.

the 'flooding' on the maasdam apparently came about as a result of the torrential rains we experienced on the voyage. decks were closed on two days, and towels were placed in large numbers at lido, navigation deck, and lower prom deck exits. some balcony cabins also flooded due to the rains. it was the wettest cruise I've ever taken. and one night waves were slamming the ship. I don't think there were ruptured pipes.

I've seen a lot of water come in during a hellish storm on Noordam, flooded the spa area, but that was it. I can't believe all those cabins would have been flooded by sea and rain water- but what do I know?

I believe that the very, very high winds combined with the torrential rains and high seas to exacerbate the flooding. doors to the decks and balconies present an obvious potential for flooding, and consider that beneath the deck 6 lower prom deck are outside staterooms on deck 5. those cabins have no balconies, of course, but water enters from the lower prom deck and drips from cabin ceilings. anyone who has ever dealt with a leaking roof knows that water 'travels', and where the water enters is often very difficult to find. all of the public decks, and I assume balconies, were flooded whether they were covered or not. I did not hear anyone on the voyage mentioning burst pipes, nor did I see crew trying to fix broken pipes. just sayin'. . .

Archived