USCG airlifts Splendor passenger (video)

Timmys_mom

There's actually a whole TV series on Coast Guard Alaska (and now I think they have Coast Guard FL), where you can watch and hear the amazing rescues these heros pull off. It's orchestrated like a concert, every move is precise. I'm not much for "reality" tv, but this really is REAL and awe-inspiring.

Glad Duck is ok, even though I"m new to the group and don't know any of you. Thanks for letting me chime in.

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/coast-guard-alaska

It's like the good old days here today. All that's missing is L2J, I think.
Actually, he had booked the cruise....but cancelled. :p

Seriously, Duckie, next time book RCCL and just ride the zip line. It would be a lot cheaper and you get to stay on the ship when the ride is over.

Wow that is cool video!! We had an airlift on our past cruise and the captain asked we do not go on deck to watch and especially do not take pics because the flash can blind the pilot. Thru that whole video flashes were going off every second. It's Sad people will endanger lives to get a photo.

Actually, he had booked the cruise....but cancelled. :p

Seriously, Duckie, next time book RCCL and just ride the zip line. It would be a lot cheaper and you get to stay on the ship when the ride is over.

LOL times 2, Shelly!:D:D

Wow that is cool video!! We had an airlift on our past cruise and the captain asked we do not go on deck to watch and especially do not take pics because the flash can blind the pilot. Thru that whole video flashes were going off every second. It's Sad people will endanger lives to get a photo.

Those were the lights from the helicopter.

I was on the previous week's Splendor cruise. Just curious where they take the patient for air lift. The men and women of the USCG are to be commended. Big Duck, I know how much you were looking forward to this cruise and so sorry this happened, but glad you are on the road to recovery so soon.

Archived