USCG airlifts Splendor passenger (video)

Timmys_mom

Actually, he had booked the cruise....but cancelled. :p

Seriously, Duckie, next time book RCCL and just ride the zip line. It would be a lot cheaper and you get to stay on the ship when the ride is over.

LOL - I was going to suggest he book the Faster to the Fun package if priority disembarkation is that important.

We were on the Carnival Freedom in Port Everglades a month ago and were docked right next to Allure of the Seas and it had a helicopter pad on the front of it. Does the Coast Guard really land helicopters on moving ships? I would think that would be highly difficult.

And people taking flash pictures... do you actually think the flash will light the copter for you to get a good picture?

Home sweet home.

Don't know you , but you are a highlight here...so glad home and ok and LOL about the ride...my mom was saying ..i sure hope this next plane is bigger..LOL..it wasn't and oh the meds took over thank God for her flight..you could watch her eyes go from stress to ahhh..thank God for Xanax and OMG you really got a big ride...that was awesome..just tumbled that this was you....Godspeed and glad you are home for the recoup..Sarah

We were on the Carnival Freedom in Port Everglades a month ago and were docked right next to Allure of the Seas and it had a helicopter pad on the front of it. Does the Coast Guard really land helicopters on moving ships? I would think that would be highly difficult.

And people taking flash pictures... do you actually think the flash will light the copter for you to get a good picture?

All RCCL & X ships have a heliport on the bow but the choppers usually just hover over the pad as the ship is still moving. There are video clips on YouTube.

Wild video. More importantly I wish the guests well and hope everything is okay.

maybe they will post their experience and let us know they're okay!

He has been posting - even on this thread! He's a CC "regular" - Big Duck.

He has several posts here about it too - toward the end of the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1827420

He's home and recuperating! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You know you haven't been on CC for a while when you try to "like" a post :p

HaHa, I tried to do the same thing :) Sure glad our Duckie is doing well but it still makes me sick just thinking about that helicopter ride.....there wouldn't be enough Ativan in this world to get me on that thing, lol !!

So glad to see all the S&S back together !!

All RCCL & X ships have a heliport on the bow but the choppers usually just hover over the pad as the ship is still moving. There are video clips on YouTube.

RCC’s Explorer has a helipad but there’s a metal bench screwed onto the deck smack in the center of it, which can only mean that it’s no longer in use. I believe this is the case with most other ships that have one, due to the dangerous risks involved.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1005339

Archived