Eavesway Coaches v Inter Cruises

Hi just got back from a trip on Ventura, from getting on the coach we found so much change. We were informed that P+O had become so greedy by asking for 1 million pounds a year from Evesway that the company told them to get lost, I for one think they did the right thing,as this to my mind is pure greed. when we got on the ship it was so obvious that p+o have spent some time on cut backs.in cabin drinks were not advertised at all the biscuits were much smaller than last year, and all films on the tv were to be payed for,small items but all go to make up holiday experience. when we went to the bar it was to find that all bar menu's with the exception of wine and cocktails were no longer available, and to order beer, spirits, and soft drinks had to be ordered blind a friend ordered a vodka and lime and was given grey goose(the most expensive) and I have to say we were told by many people of the same thing happening to them, they have removed the customers freedom of choice by doing this as to ask the waiters to list all that is on offer would not only be a pain for us but make their job much harder and take a lot longer to serve each person. as I proved when I asked for a mocktail the waiter asked which one and I had to say please give me a menu to see what I would like he left the bar we were in and came back with a menu from th exchange(If he has to do this for all customers his time is wasted, It was also pointed out to me that the food quality and portions were not good and much smaller(I did not go to dining room for meals ) but I trust the person who told me 100%. So all in all p+o are getting far to greedy for their own good and their customers and I feel that Evesway turning on them is just the start of things to come, unless they start thinking more of their customers and less about their bonuses and shares, tawegirl

We were going to get a coach transfer Southampton to 'Heefrow' post Arcadia next year, but you will all be pleased to know we shall contribute some more £ to the UK economy to help you mob out and spend another week or two in England, by renting a car from Hertz in Southampton and drop it off at LHR. We are already in UK for 12 days before the cruise as well. Just need our AUD to get stronger against the GBP and for Premier Inns to drop some prices ! They play ducks and drakes with their prices, do they not?

Hi just got back from a trip on Ventura, from getting on the coach we found so much change. We were informed that P+O had become so greedy by asking for 1 million pounds a year from Evesway that the company told them to get lost, I for one think they did the right thing,as this to my mind is pure greed. when we got on the ship it was so obvious that p+o have spent some time on cut backs.in cabin drinks were not advertised at all the biscuits were much smaller than last year, and all films on the tv were to be payed for,small items but all go to make up holiday experience. when we went to the bar it was to find that all bar menu's with the exception of wine and cocktails were no longer available, and to order beer, spirits, and soft drinks had to be ordered blind a friend ordered a vodka and lime and was given grey goose(the most expensive) and I have to say we were told by many people of the same thing happening to them, they have removed the customers freedom of choice by doing this as to ask the waiters to list all that is on offer would not only be a pain for us but make their job much harder and take a lot longer to serve each person. as I proved when I asked for a mocktail the waiter asked which one and I had to say please give me a menu to see what I would like he left the bar we were in and came back with a menu from th exchange(If he has to do this for all customers his time is wasted, It was also pointed out to me that the food quality and portions were not good and much smaller(I did not go to dining room for meals ) but I trust the person who told me 100%. So all in all p+o are getting far to greedy for their own good and their customers and I feel that Evesway turning on them is just the start of things to come, unless they start thinking more of their customers and less about their bonuses and shares, tawegirl

I don't know anything about P&O profit margins but we have all seen the bargains on Getaways available much earlier than in the past. They have to recoup their costs somewhere when less and less of us pay vantage prices - I wouldn't necessarily say they were being greedy

I don't know anything about P&O profit margins but we have all seen the bargains on Getaways available much earlier than in the past. They have to recoup their costs somewhere when less and less of us pay vantage prices - I wouldn't necessarily say they were being greedy

I'd say they were being greedy. They not only wanted more money from Eavesway for 'promoting' their coach service in their brochure, they also wanted to take over the coach transfer bookings thereby making some of the Eavesway staff redundant. So a British company loses jobs in order that a gigantic American company keeps it's profit levels up! That's greed & shortsightedness in my book.

I'd say they were being greedy. They not only wanted more money from Eavesway for 'promoting' their coach service in their brochure, they also wanted to take over the coach transfer bookings thereby making some of the Eavesway staff redundant. So a British company loses jobs in order that a gigantic American company keeps it's profit levels up! That's greed & shortsightedness in my book.

You do know Cunard use Intercruises. I have looked but cannot find any complaints on their board.

Gan Canny

Dai

You do know Cunard use Intercruises. I have looked but cannot find any complaints on their board.

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai, you are correct, having travelled with both Eavesway and Intercruises I can say that there is no great differnce between them. Both companies have some of their own coaches and also sub-contract some journeys to other companies. I have been on coaches booked through Intercruise that are not Intercruise owned coaches but have always been excellent but I have also travelled on Eavesway coaches that are not the most modern even though they carry the Eavesway livery and have been most uncomfortable. I have no complaints about either company they each do an excellent job in my opinion.

Dai, you are correct, having travelled with both Eavesway and Intercruises I can say that there is no great differnce between them. Both companies have some of their own coaches and also sub-contract some journeys to other companies. I have been on coaches booked through Intercruise that are not Intercruise owned coaches but have always been excellent but I have also travelled on Eavesway coaches that are not the most modern even though they carry the Eavesway livery and have been most uncomfortable. I have no complaints about either company they each do an excellent job in my opinion.

We do not take the coach, so gave no personal experience. I thought it may be the case that people were complaining before they new the facts.

It is because people do not like change.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

If you elect to do coach transfers, is there a limit on the number of cases per person?

Yes there is...2 per person...there is a weight limit restriction. We have traveled with Eavesway and Intercruises both are ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Has nobody eperianced the above on other ships it seems not as there have been no replies to this post not even from the reulars of this site?

Yes there is...2 per person...there is a weight limit restriction. We have traveled with Eavesway and Intercruises both are ok.

We have an Intercruise transfer booked for our cruise in 3 weeks. I know theres a limit of 2 cases but do they actually weigh the cases as you board the coach. :confused::eek:

Archived