Carnival Sunshine: the good, the bad and the ugly.

EZ4

I see this thread popped back up and I went over my initial review. One major thing I forgot to mention is another negative. I just did not like the set up of the Lower Promanade Deck at all. The hall way is twisted and lit up with LED lights that change color. The entire hall is shut in with the venues on the sides. It feels a bit claustrophobic to me. At the beginning was the Library which was small but fine. Then you have the Piano Bar which is small and shut in with a door. That feels really odd. The Piano Bar was packed when I went by a couple nights and it was very crowded with people all up against the windows. The Hall ends with the Limelight Lounge which is fine. My issue is that there is no real passthrough. Sure you can walk through it and open the door to get to the Aft Stairs, but it is clearly not intended for that. It would be awkward to do that while a show was going on. In other words, it is one big dead end and really disrupts the flow.

This is the best thing about getting of a ship early and doing you own thing, you can explore on land early morning for a few hours, then you can head back to the ship around 1pm when most of the passengers are still on land on organised overpriced excursions. (except Rome, this is the only port i think you need the full day to fully explore)

Guess with living in Europe my view is more flexible than guys from over the pond.

I sincerely hope that the next batch of cruisers returning from the Sunshine are able to report that repairs are finishing up and things are looking better for the rest of the European season. People work too hard for their money to spend it on crappy circumstances that Carnival could and should have taken care of.

This is the best thing about getting of a ship early and doing you own thing, you can explore on land early morning for a few hours, then you can head back to the ship around 1pm when most of the passengers are still on land on organised overpriced excursions. (except Rome, this is the only port i think you need the full day to fully explore)

Guess with living in Europe my view is more flexible than guys from over the pond.

Exactly my thoughts but with young boys we won't even be bothering with Rome. Santa Marinella is calling.

I sincerely hope that the next batch of cruisers returning from the Sunshine are able to report that repairs are finishing up and things are looking better for the rest of the European season. People work too hard for their money to spend it on crappy circumstances that Carnival could and should have taken care of.[/quote]

Put me down for this, I hate to see Carnival mislead their customers into thinking the ship is A-O-K- when it's actually not. However Carnival will continue to mislead customers in this fashion again and again.

I sincerely hope that the next batch of cruisers returning from the Sunshine are able to report that repairs are finishing up and things are looking better for the rest of the European season. People work too hard for their money to spend it on crappy circumstances that Carnival could and should have taken care of.[/quote]

Put me down for this, I hate to see Carnival mislead their customers into thinking the ship is A-O-K- when it's actually not. However Carnival will continue to mislead customers in this fashion again and again.

I guess the question really is: What is A-O-K in your book? 100 %, 99.9% ? When does it become ok? Not sure where misleading comes in either, but I look at it differntly than you.

I sincerely hope that the next batch of cruisers returning from the Sunshine are able to report that repairs are finishing up and things are looking better for the rest of the European season. People work too hard for their money to spend it on crappy circumstances that Carnival could and should have taken care of.
I concur Gypsy

Anymore reports of the ship having a list, or is that a non issue? Is the pool still open, and any word on why it took them so long to open it?
:) I heard that some of the crew are worried because the seagulls will not land on her:eek:

We are looking to take this cruise in October. I see a lot of people complaining about the work being done on it and things not finished but I don't see no one complaining about how cheap it was. :o

We are looking to take this cruise in October. I see a lot of people complaining about the work being done on it and things not finished but I don't see no one complaining about how cheap it was. :o

Most of the people complaining have never been on Carnival Sunshine. :eek:

Most of the people complaining have never been on Carnival Sunshine. :eek:

It always amazes me in all walks of life that people pass judgement on what's others say..."my brother's best friends dog owns a goldfish who said..."

Sent from my ST26i using Forums mobile app

sounds exactly as predicted: a crowded destiny.

thanks tiggerman

Which is perfect for med cruises with 8 port days out of 9.

The ship will be almost empty during the day time and most who spend 8 hours on shore go to bed early!

I think she's more suited to the med than the Caribbean.

Which is perfect for med cruises with 8 port days out of 9.

The ship will be almost empty during the day time and most who spend 8 hours on shore go to bed early!

I think she's more suited to the med than the Caribbean.

absolutely. but now the question is, can that 17 year old hull and engines make it back?

interesting how you put it though. a ship suited better to be off more than on.

The real truth will be when the Sunshine is in the Caribbean. To see all the crowds and the cutback shows at the very small theater. They added a lot of cabins to a crowded Destiny.

there are pictures of the "nightclub" in this group of pictures, as well as clear non postcard type shots from around the ship:

http://photobucket.com/images/carnival%20sunshine#/images/carnival%20sunshine?page=1&_suid=137068394522105001243589002922

Archived