!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Your review is getting me even more excited for my first trip to Bermuda on the Breakaway. I'm staying in a Haven Spa Suite and celebrating my 40th bday onboard. If you have any info on the Haven area I'd love to hear about it. Thanks so much!! I can't wait to see the pics in your review :)

Screenshot2013-04-19at122848PM_zps3fd3c647.png

During the planning stage for Bermuda, there was plenty of talk that the government was not working fast enough on the repairs/expansion of the pier for the Breakaway. Taking this into account, I decided to plan accordingly as if we had to tender the entire time we would be in Bermuda. One of the aspects of the Breakaway that was not as appealing to us was the fact that we would be docked in one port for 3 days. Part of why we love cruising is moving from location to location and being on a moving ship. But after some research, I found that Bermuda has a lot to offer and we will have different activities to do each day.

I won’t go through my itinerary in this section. Instead, this will be a guide to help those planning a cruise to Bermuda. Obviously it is impossible for me to cover everything that there is to see and do in Bermuda, but I will try my best to cover the top attractions that the island has to offer. I hope this guide will be useful for some.

Click on the map to go to an interactive map.

route-map-v6copy_zps4b7a4f91.jpg

Image courtesy of SailBadtheSinner

This is not the best map, but it is the best of one I found that can be viewed in a CC post. There is one really AMAZING map with a lot of details, but you need to zoom in on it to get a better viewing experience. However, I highly recommend that map. To get it just click HERE. I will also attach a PDF file that contains the map.

Let’s Start with the Royal Naval Dockyard

bermuda_i000063_zps57483fc8.jpg

The National Museum of Bermuda seems to be the main attraction in this area. The cost is $10 for anyone over 13 and free for kids under 13. It is open from 9:30-5:00pm.

Snorkel Park Beach is a great area for snorkeling, with sunken cannons and such to make your experience more interesting. The cost for the entrance varies from $5 during weekdays, free on Saturdays, $10 on Sundays and children under 12 are free. They also have a night club on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with an entrance cost of $10 per person.

Dolphin Quest

As you can imagine, is a dolphin encounter. They have different experiences, starting from a 5 minute $60 per person dolphin moment to their ultimate hour long meet, feed and ride the dolphin for a mere $295 per person. :rolleyes:.

Hartley's Famous Undersea Walk. If you do some research on Bermuda, you will find tons of people give 5 star ratings to this tour. It looks like an incredible tour that allows you to touch and feed the fish. This tour departs from Heritage Wharf and the cost per person is $95 for divers and $48 for Riders/Observers. They also offer their picture package for $15 per picture, plus $10 for the CD. This tour was in our sights, but I did not think my mom would enjoy it as much as me, and I wanted to plan activities that we would both equally enjoy.

Glass Beach.

The real name for this beach is Black Bay Beach and is an approximate 20 minute walk from the Dockyard, although some people claim it is farther away. You can go there and collect sea glass. Some people claim that the cruise lines are 50/50 on letting the items on board, with some people said they get confiscated and some don't. There is also lots of talk about not taking the glass and just leaving it there for others to enjoy.

Bermuda Clayworks is your shopping place for ceramics.

Bermuda Glassworks is your shopping venue for glassware. They have items available from $10 to smaller items, to hundreds of dollars for larger items.

Bermuda Craft Market is your place for arts and crafts.

Bermuda Clocktower Mall is home for several stores such as Bermuda Triangle, Caesar's heath store, Calypso, Crisson Jewelers, Perfume Shop and more.

Here is a short video of the Royal Naval Dockyard

We went to Fun Golf by Snorkle Park beach...$15.00 for 18 holes...holes are replicas of famous holes around the world(6 Bermuda golf courses, 6 US golf courses, 6 Scotland golf courses)...a lot of fun, very challenging and beautiful, fantastic views of the beach with the ship in the background. And the owner and workers were so welcoming and informative about the Island

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is absolutely fantastic. You are a special person to take so much out of your time and vacation to help ALL of us. Like one person said, we feel like we know you. My kids make fun of me because whenever we go on vacation I take notes because I write a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor. Nothing at all like this. My kids would be blown away with all your detail and you've only just begun. In my opinion, NCL should give you and Mom a free cruise. A big thank you to Sarah for helping you help us. Thanks again and I am sure I will have some questions for you, lol.

Gambee,

You are fast!

I'm subscribing. I just read the first 2 lines and was like, " wow, this is another good one" Looking forward to this awesome review. Was following you in the "Everything Breakaway...." Hope you are feeling better and bf was on time(lol):D

But I will post and send to you as soon as I hear. Rumor mill says maybe tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath... Waiting for the 12 day southern, and maybe will fit a Breakaway bermuda in there before?

Quantum begins to sell to Crown and Anchor people on Tuesday, May 28th. Then a week later there will be sales to the public I think, seems like I saw June 4th as the date for sales to everyone. Haven't seen prices though, but they'll have to produce them by Tuesday!

Gambee

Thank you so much for your review! I got hooked on the Allure one & now you have me hooked again. Kudos to your progression of writing style & I agree you will be doing travel reviews professionally in no time!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mdwcruises: You're welcome, much more to come.

janetz: Nice to see you again, thank you =)

smileysmiley: Well hello there, it's been a while, just kidding. Glad you found me =). I have tons of pics from Bermuda and all with wonderful weather!

Sarah: Glad you agree, this is a much better way to respond.

sdmike: Awesome, Thank you =)

godiva830: Sorry I don't have much info on Heaven other than word of mouth, ill be more than glad to share that as the review goes by. But just so you know, everything I heard was good things. I missed the tour of Heaven, it was done at a really bad time and I much rather be in Bermuda exploring that day.

topanga49er: cool thank you.

joand452: I know right a B2B would be great!

psycomac: I knew this would work much better =)

spidybabe: You're so very welcome, hope you enjoy.

sapphire2810: Glad to have aboard, thank you for joining =)

island2island: Awesome, thank you so much for adding info. That is always appreciated =)

Gershep: On this review I took much less notes, I am mostly relying on visual aid to help me trigger memories. I relaxed much more on this cruise than any other I been on. A free cruise sounds great :D. lol

KrystalWaters: Hello old friend, welcome aboard =). Thank you for joining.

Renzulli2618: I have it all lol, well not all. But I have a lot of info and I cant wait to share it :).

janeyzee: Thanks for the info, I am ready for the sticker shock :eek:.

fivegirl: Yes I did, and actually getting that info is when I had a horrible moment with a rude employee. He was the reason my cruise got of to a rough start, it took a lot to recover from that. Ill get into the details of that later, but overall NCL needs to be more careful about who they put on customer service area. I will post the full print of the info later on, but in summary food and beverage closes at 7 and the tubs at 11pm. But it says that it is up to the staff to change the hours, I think they are still adjusting to the new ship.

English101: Well, hello there. I was wondering were you where, lol. Welcome aboard!

BSR: Glad you like it, much more to come :)

mzpastrychef: thank you for your kind words, we will see what the future has ahead for me =). Thank you for being a part of this.

My hat is off to you gambee! Not only is the quality of your review beyond outstanding...but I can't believe how quickly you are putting so much of it online. The detail and style are unmatched! Bravo!

AGREED!! Very informative - thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Look who is home next to her sister. Breakaway is so much larger!

sasehate.jpg

There you go! Soon you will have the Allure too! :D I am collecting the ships I've gone on too and still will but I just can't stand the terrible quality of these for the price you pay. It's ridiculous! There needs to be a standard scale and a standard quality that is much higher than what it is now for all ship models on all lines.

I got a reply...by name...I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Me too! :p I like your new way better Gambee, its part of your review that makes it a Gambee review!

Edited by swim13

Welcome back Gambee and Mom !!!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share your trip with us. All this information is making it so much easier for me to plan our trip. I know what to expect and what not to expect. :) You are an awesome writer. Thank you thank you thank you.....

Elena

I am responding to all my first posters, it just felt wrong to not reply.

roe2ship: Well hello there, first poster thank you again for being a part of this =).

SallyStrawberry: Sorry I responded that way before, this is much better now. Thank you for joining so early into the review =)

NVR777: Thank you, hope you like it!

Janntom: I actually tried to start it earlier, but getting a connection from my moms ipad was impossible. Thank you for being a part of my review

Maryfrei: You will love that cabin, on the last day I do a full tour, that will give you good idea of what the cabin is like.

Madibeme: Welcome aboard!

Tyron: Thank you =), glad you like it. Sorry I did not address you before.

Bugsy: I almost did not recognize you, I see you changed your avatar :D. Thank you for joining so early into the review.

NarRN: I changed your position on that already, but I have not even started :D, lol

meltingmoments: I will posts the photos of each day after I post them in the review. I don't want to spoil the review by giving away the pics too early. Thank you for joining.

Buffett fan: Welcome aboard old friend, nice to see you here =), I hope I can deliver a good product. I know many have high expectations.

amelovestoread: I actually cried when I re-read Kev's memorial, it has a meaning for me. He was such a great person and deserves this and much more, but I do what I can. You're very welcome, I hope I can deliver. Indeed we had a great time, there were a few issues, but nothing to break a cruise.

Wednesday: Welcome aboard! Nice to see you here =)

ColinIllinois: I am glad that you're liking the review so far, thank you for posting.

cruzccl: Wellcome aboard old friend, we did indeed enjoy ourselves and can't wait to share it all.

kerrytens: Thank you, and thank you. Hope you love it =)

Bellaloomp: You're very welcome.

Camz: Hello cam, nice to see you here after sharing so many months in the everything breakaway thread together. Thank you for being a part of this =)

russianmom: Breakaway hands down! Althoguh I have never done the Dawn. But I tend to like over the top ships and breakaway is a good example. Well minus a few details.

sonicbuffalo: Well hello there, nice to see you again. Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Swimm: This is response to your very first post, something tells me ill be seeing lots of you here :D. Thank you for being such a big part of my review =). btw, you should buy the camera, she is great!

cruzinglady1947: Thank you, I am glad that you're liking the review already. I hope it continues to get better and better. You can always catch up to the review when you get back. I hope you have a great cruise =).

Shaydi: Thank you, welcome aboard =)

Tink35: thank you, ill try to deliver at fast pace. Thank you for joining.

ibcnusoon: Oh my those cabins are amazing, your family is going to amazed. I hope you're better than me at keeping secrets, lol. I hope you have a great cruise.

Love-to-ride: You're welcome =)

cruisewithbaby: Thank you =)

bellabaloo: Sorry I missed answering the first time around. I thought that a lot of people would appreciate the ship building part, glad you enjoyed it. Hope you like the rest of the review.

Happy cruzin: Thank you =)