!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

okay first of all i found your videos on youtube and it was the best ship tour i have ever seen. I will be talking the breakaway in a little less then two weeks and i cant wait. Your review made me so much more excited for my sailing! when i found out you were on cruise critic and saw your amazing review you wrote i was the happiest person lol! You really went above and beyond with this review and you should be very proud of it hahah!! oh and the quality of your pictures were AMAZING!! i cant wait to get back and tell you about my experiences! btw i was on the ncl gem last year for my first cruise and i felt it was an average size ship how do you feel that this ship compares does it feel overly large? and THANK YOU AGAIN!:):):):):)

okay first of all i found your videos on youtube and it was the best ship tour i have ever seen. I will be talking the breakaway in a little less then two weeks and i cant wait. Your review made me so much more excited for my sailing! when i found out you were on cruise critic and saw your amazing review you wrote i was the happiest person lol! You really went above and beyond with this review and you should be very proud of it hahah!! oh and the quality of your pictures were AMAZING!! i cant wait to get back and tell you about my experiences! btw i was on the ncl gem last year for my first cruise and i felt it was an average size ship how do you feel that this ship compares does it feel overly large? and THANK YOU AGAIN!:):):):):)

Thanks for reading :). Honestly I am used and I prefer large ships, the buffers the better. I am sure u will have a blast, enjoy your vacation and Bermuda. Glad you found the connection from the videos. I always wondered if anyone would come from there to here.

I never ordered a drink in this cruise, but I think if I did, Shakers Martini bar would be my place!.

I'm with you, Gambee! Shakers looks AWESOME! I suspect I'll be spending a fair amount of time there. Meanwhile, I think I've joined the legions of your fans who like to play "Where's Gambee?" while searching reflections, etc for you. So far, the best one I've found in this review (I'm only up to Shakers) is the reflection in the pic showing the hours that the photo shop is open!

Richard/Tralfie

I'm up to you doing the ropes course (I'm spreading this out over days and days so I can enjoy it as much as possible!) A couple quick questions:

What is the round, tighly-wound circular slide-like thing? Is it part of the ropes course? Do you climb up those circular, stacked nets to get to it? I'm intrigued? And what is the thing that looks like a small, inflatable trampoline in the same series of photos?

The ropes course looks absolutely terrifying... I can't wait to try it!

Is there a charge for the miniature golf course?

I have to say, the placement of the lifeboats seems so odd to me! I mean, why create that wonderful walkway... and have the lifeboats and their support structure blocking so much of the view?

Richard/Tralfie

I'm with you, Gambee! Shakers looks AWESOME! I suspect I'll be spending a fair amount of time there. Meanwhile, I think I've joined the legions of your fans who like to play "Where's Gambee?" while searching reflections, etc for you. So far, the best one I've found in this review (I'm only up to Shakers) is the reflection in the pic showing the hours that the photo shop is open!

Richard/Tralfie

I have to go back and look and that picture, running a little late to work. Glad you like the review so far. Thanks for posting.

Hi Gambee! Just wondering i know that vibe requires a fee but does h2o

h2o is free.

I'm up to you doing the ropes course (I'm spreading this out over days and days so I can enjoy it as much as possible!) A couple quick questions:

What is the round, tighly-wound circular slide-like thing? Is it part of the ropes course? Do you climb up those circular, stacked nets to get to it? I'm intrigued? And what is the thing that looks like a small, inflatable trampoline in the same series of photos?

The ropes course looks absolutely terrifying... I can't wait to try it!

Is there a charge for the miniature golf course?

I have to say, the placement of the lifeboats seems so odd to me! I mean, why create that wonderful walkway... and have the lifeboats and their support structure blocking so much of the view?

Richard/Tralfie

The round thing is like a slide, I believe that is only for children, but not sure. To be honest I never saw anyone using it. The trampoline is just that, a friend of mine said he tried it on one day. I never saw anyone using it.

Mini golf free.

they are there, nothing you can do about it. At first I thought it was a big deal, but you soon get over it. Never really impacted me after that.

Another question, Gambee: Do they post the menus for the MDR's every day so you can see what the various specials are? That would make it much easier to decide whether to eat in the MDR that day or elsewhere!

Richard/Tralfie

Another question, Gambee: Do they post the menus for the MDR's every day so you can see what the various specials are? That would make it much easier to decide whether to eat in the MDR that day or elsewhere!

Richard/Tralfie

Yeah they r on the wall near the entrance of the 3 MDR venues.

Gambee, I have spent the last several days reading your Allure then Breakaway review. By far the best unbiased reviews I have seen and most spectacular pictures. After looking at your pictures I looked at my Panasonic Luminix and said, I think it is time for an upgrade to Sony NEX -F3.

Job well done. Good luck on your Carnival Breeze cruise.

Two more questions (Hope I'm not driving you nuts!)

1) How much was the two-day transportation pass in Bermuda?

2) Am I wrong, or is the vast majority of food in the buffet-style settings not labeled? In other words, you sort of have to guess what things are. Sometimes, that's easy (bacon pretty much always looks like bacon), but sandwiches and such might be more difficult!

Tralfie/Richard

2 day transportation pass for ferries and buses is $25, 3 day is $35. Don't wait in line as u get off ship. Walk a little further down in between ships n purchase at white trailer. Also purchase excursions at pink shack. Cheaper than ship.

I found all food to n labeled. Cagneys has been awesome. Ate there 2x already. Get the ny strip n creamed corn.

Buy Vibe pass for quiet, no kids, no crowd enjoyment at pool. To buy u must n on ship by 1030 Sunday or it will b sold out n no other chances.

Well worth $20/day due to over crowded pools n no lounge chairs

I usually don't do tours, I like to do things on my own and save money. But sailing tours have to be done like this. I like doing my research and getting the best price possible, and we did that with this tour :).

did you book this tour at that little pink hut you showed a picture of?

How in the world do you get on the ship by 10:30? We intend to be at the port by 10:30 because we we told would not be able to board before 11:00 due to late leaving cruisers from disembarkation. Is this incorrect? We were hoping to get Vibe passes as soon as we boarded

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

did you book this tour at that little pink hut you showed a picture of?

Yes I bought it there.

CAN YOU PLEASE POST AN SPREADSHEET LIKE YOU HAD FOR YOUR CRUISE

that would be great

It should be in the planning page, I posted the link there.

How in the world do you get on the ship by 10:30? We intend to be at the port by 10:30 because we we told would not be able to board before 11:00 due to late leaving cruisers from disembarkation. Is this incorrect? We were hoping to get Vibe passes as soon as we boarded

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did I posted 10:30? I thought it was closer to noon, unsure. I guess I would have to to go back and read the review. But whatever I posted is from notes, and time on camera so it should be right.

Buy the bus/ferry passes on the ship only 99 cents more than off the ship. Much easier

Safe sailing

I did not know that, good info. Although I think I rather deal with Bermuda than NCL.

Gambee, I have spent the last several days reading your Allure then Breakaway review. By far the best unbiased reviews I have seen and most spectacular pictures. After looking at your pictures I looked at my Panasonic Luminix and said, I think it is time for an upgrade to Sony NEX -F3.

Job well done. Good luck on your Carnival Breeze cruise.

Thanks for reading the reviews, glad you like them. Panasonic makes some solid cameras, but I think the NEX tops any pany I've ever had. Good luck on your camera search.

WOW! Bravo! Amazing review.

You have made me very excited about our upcoming cruise on the Breakaway, but less excited about our balcony size. I think I have balcony envy.

Have fun on your cruise :)

Gambee

Love how you posted your reviews in your signature without all the comments. GREAT IDEA

So what is your next cruise? I can tell how much you enjoy blogging and writing about your cruises. So how do you recover from your post cruise depression? Or does that not happen to you?