!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee

Love how you posted your reviews in your signature without all the comments. GREAT IDEA

So what is your next cruise? I can tell how much you enjoy blogging and writing about your cruises. So how do you recover from your post cruise depression? Or does that not happen to you?

The next cruise was cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstances, but I think it might be possible to reschedule to some point around sep/oct. it should be on the Breeze.

Depression? Lol, I am so busy that I can hardly breathe let alone get depressed :D. Granted I would love to be on a cruise, but life also had to happen in the mean time. I do remember getting the blues after the allure, post that I just start looking at other possible cruises and have fun with it :).

Hi all!

gambee ~ sorry to hear you had to cancel your Breeze cruise!:( Sure hope you sail on her in Sept or Oct then I can read your review before I go on Nov 3. If she's anything like Dream it should be a great cruise.

~ Jo ~ :)

You know life happens, and we adjust. I am hoping for the best, but you just never know.

Thank you for keeping up with me Jo :)

Gambee, I have to say: You have completely sold me on something I was massively opposed to until this review. I had no interest whatsoever in a cruise that would dock for 3 days. For me, the idea of cruising is to be out on the open seas, sitting on my aft-balcony and watching the wake. But this review has made me realize that I would actually consider doing a cruise that docks for 3 days! (My Breakaway cruise in March is the other itinerary... florida, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay).

Question, and I'm sure you mentioned this at some point: What kind of underwater photo did you use for your snorkeling pics? They came out great!

Thanks for that!

Richard/Tralfie

Hi Gambee,

Been off the board for two weeks in France! Sorry to hear you've had to cancel the Carnival cruise. I hope all works out well for you and you're sailing again soon! Ken

Hello Ken, yeah I was really bummed about it. But unfortunately it's part of life. Staying positive and saving money to make my next cruise possible very soon. :)

Gambee, I have to say: You have completely sold me on something I was massively opposed to until this review. I had no interest whatsoever in a cruise that would dock for 3 days. For me, the idea of cruising is to be out on the open seas, sitting on my aft-balcony and watching the wake. But this review has made me realize that I would actually consider doing a cruise that docks for 3 days! (My Breakaway cruise in March is the other itinerary... florida, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay).

Question, and I'm sure you mentioned this at some point: What kind of underwater photo did you use for your snorkeling pics? They came out great!

Thanks for that!

Richard/Tralfie

Ironic I thought they came just ok to bad, that camera was the Sony tx20. Since then I gave it to my mom, because she likes the very small size of the camera. And I bought a new underwater camera for myself. The Olympus tg2 ihs. I am very picky with picture quality :D.

Hi Gambee. I'm just off the BA this morning and I just wanted to say thanks again for your amazingly comprehensive review. I know I thanked you before but our party of eight absolutely benefited in so many ways from your advice/thoughts/recommendations etc. So..once again...thank you for enhancing our once in a lifetime cruise experience! Your effort has truly made and continues to make a difference to so many CC members!:)

Hi Gambee. I'm just off the BA this morning and I just wanted to say thanks again for your amazingly comprehensive review. I know I thanked you before but our party of eight absolutely benefited in so many ways from your advice/thoughts/recommendations etc. So..once again...thank you for enhancing our once in a lifetime cruise experience! Your effort has truly made and continues to make a difference to so many CC members!:)

You're so very welcome, glad you I was of help for your cruise :)

can you give me a bit of further description like is there a certain dress code?:D

Most people were in white, other with bright clothes. But I think it was mostly the staff. Neon clothes and such.

Thanks for reading the reviews, glad you like them. Panasonic makes some solid cameras, but I think the NEX tops any pany I've ever had. Good luck on your camera search.

Thanks. People use to ask why I take pictures of everything but since I shared your review with my household they now get it. I am inspired to take better pictures on my second and upcoming Oasis cruise. I am sure I missed something the first time.

Hi Gambee, I just spent the last week reading your reviews every night before going to bed. Thanks so much for all your hard work. It drives my family crazy with all the pictures I take on vacations so it was refreshing to read someone else with the same likes.

One question I had that you mentioned over the years you sold and bought cameras; may I ask who you sold them to? Camera stores? eBay? Craigslist?

Thanks,

Tina

Gambee - I am late to the party, but I have your review open in my browser at work, and I read a page on each of my breaks. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for this review, as well as your others. I never got to finish reading Allure, and I want to read your X one as well. Those are next on my list.

I'm curious to see how Breakaway pans out. I am on page 18 and I see some things that I think are cool, but nothing to make me consider leaving my beloved Flow Rider to try out Breakaway. It's still early, so my opinion may change :)

I saw that you canceled a cruise. I just want to say, I hope things look up for you soon and that you'll be back on open water before we all know it. Love your reviews!

Oops, I meant to add - check out the link below to my blog for info about our sailing adventure in Greece this summer. We are novice sailors with only 1 certification class (~9 hours) under our belt, and we did just fine with this flotilla! You would LOVE it!

Oops, I meant to add - check out the link below to my blog for info about our sailing adventure in Greece this summer. We are novice sailors with only 1 certification class (~9 hours) under our belt, and we did just fine with this flotilla! You would LOVE it!

That is so awesome, I hope to one day go sailing on my own. Who knows maybe one day, for now its just cruising.

Glad to see you here reading this review.

Hi

Am now following both Twitter and FB ..i glanced over your review of NCL Breakaway. I , hubby + our 3 girls (10,10 &5) will be on Breakaway NYC to BErmuda Oct 6 2013. We have never sailed in the fall , so I'm a little nervous regarding weather. Originally I booked a floor to ceiling window suite with butler on DAWN but switched to BREAKAWAY as we sailed DAWN last summer. I look forward to reading your review and other posts . Pleasure to make your acquaitance

Eva