!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Hi Gambee,

Great reviews, superb pictures, it was fun to read and watch.

Quick question, what type of camera did you used (model, brand) and any specific settings? Did you use a tripod? Did you have to Photoshop them?

The pictures of Horseshoe Bay Beach are incredibly clear and the color are so vivid and alive. Great job my friend :)

Keep up your fantastic work!!!

Great stuff Gambee! Not sure what took me so long to find your review. Can you use any part of the spa without paying? The sauna, steam room, something? I don't ever recall having to pay for such on other cruises.

Edited by cjlgd9603

You are an amazing writer!!! Thank you so much for all that you do!!! :D

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed :)

Hi Gambee,

Great reviews, superb pictures, it was fun to read and watch.

Quick question, what type of camera did you used (model, brand) and any specific settings? Did you use a tripod? Did you have to Photoshop them?

The pictures of Horseshoe Bay Beach are incredibly clear and the color are so vivid and alive. Great job my friend :)

Keep up your fantastic work!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38515128&postcount=9

Settings? lots of them, really too hard to pick a specific one. Thanks for reading.

Great stuff Gambee! Not sure what took me so long to find your review. Can you use any part of the spa without paying? The sauna, steam room, something? I don't ever recall having to pay for such on other cruises.

nope, everything carries a fee. I think the only line that offers that for free is Princess, but I could be wrong.

Edited by gambee

Hello, this is my first time reading your review and it is fantastic. Although we are not on the Breakaway we are sailing on the Gem this October out of NYC. Choosing a hotel is daunting in NYC with all of the choices and the prices. I am going to take a serious look at this Comfort Inn.

Do you recall how long the subway ride was into Times Square? Or how much a cab cost into Times Square? We only have two days and this is where we will spend almost all of our time.

Also, did you just walk to the pier with your luggage on sail away day? It could be already written in your review and I have not made it yet.

This is giving me so much insight into our upcoming vacation and I thank you for that !!

Hello, I am staying at a Comfort Inn that is 343 W 44th street (around 44th and 9th I believe). However, the one pictured gets great reviews and is very walkable to the ship.

In fact, I stayed at the one at 343 W 44th street before and walked to the Jewel.

Hi Gambee,

We're on the Breakaway now, I had some extra minutes so I thought I'd send a quick note-thanks for your help. Everything was good, just some minor issues with the cabin steward, but it was resolved tonite. We don't want to leave! I guess vacation is officially over. I cringed at the thought of going to guest services after your review. I think my DH was a little tired of me saying "Gambee said..."

Thanks again,

Joanna:):)

Hi Gambee,

We're on the Breakaway now, I had some extra minutes so I thought I'd send a quick note-thanks for your help. Everything was good, just some minor issues with the cabin steward, but it was resolved tonite. We don't want to leave! I guess vacation is officially over. I cringed at the thought of going to guest services after your review. I think my DH was a little tired of me saying "Gambee said..."

Thanks again,

Joanna:):)

Glad you had a good time, thank you for posting while on board. I think overall NCL has a solid product, they just need improvement in some areas.

Gambee,

I've been reading these boards off and on for years, but never posted. We are re-dedicating ourselves to cruising now after a couple years away. I was thrilled to see that you had posted reviews for the exact three ships that we want to experience first after our initial cruise, and was even more thrilled after going through the Allure review, it was fantastic!

We are doing a Bahamas trip out of New Orleans first, and then plan to sail every 6 months for the next few years. I have already booked Allure for August 2014, and plan to do Silhouette in March 2015 and Breakaway in August 2015. I'm sure to be pouring over your reviews again as we get closer to the sailing dates. Thanks so much for that precious resource.

We're hoping to do Royal or Regal Princess in early 2016 and Anthem of the Seas in Summer 2016. Having reviews of those ships would be a real treasure also ;)

Todd

Gambee, I've just finished reading your great review! Waiting for your Disney Dream review!

We cant wait to board, just one more week :)

I'm starting to read your Allure review now!

Hope you like that one as well.

Gambee,

I've been reading these boards off and on for years, but never posted. We are re-dedicating ourselves to cruising now after a couple years away. I was thrilled to see that you had posted reviews for the exact three ships that we want to experience first after our initial cruise, and was even more thrilled after going through the Allure review, it was fantastic!

We are doing a Bahamas trip out of New Orleans first, and then plan to sail every 6 months for the next few years. I have already booked Allure for August 2014, and plan to do Silhouette in March 2015 and Breakaway in August 2015. I'm sure to be pouring over your reviews again as we get closer to the sailing dates. Thanks so much for that precious resource.

We're hoping to do Royal or Regal Princess in early 2016 and Anthem of the Seas in Summer 2016. Having reviews of those ships would be a real treasure also ;)

Todd

Lucky you, I was just thinking about you when I sailed those ships :D.

I am indeed looking at Royal Princes, not sure when I will be able to sail her, but hopefully it will in the near future.

Have fun on your Bahamas cruise :)

Gambee, you are amazing!! I will be going to Bermuda in Sept. in an aft cabin and your review is the best i have ever read, and your pictures are awesome. thank you very, very much for your info it helps alot.

Gambee, you are amazing!! I will be going to Bermuda in Sept. in an aft cabin and your review is the best i have ever read, and your pictures are awesome. thank you very, very much for your info it helps alot.

You're very welcome, and thank you for the nice comment :).

Love, love, love, love, love your review!!! Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into this wonderful review. This is your third review that I've read and I've enjoyed all three and can't wait until you take another one. I actually lived in New York city and was worked near the towers when they fell on 9/11, but I'm very proud of the beautiful building that they have built in the place of the towers. Thanks again for a job well done and tell your mom that I enjoy her review as well!

Gambee please tell me...when you enter Horseshoe Bay Beach do you go right or left to get to the best area for snorkeling? There will be 6 of us, (one 13 year old) and we want to get there early to beat the crowds, say 10am. We would like to sit in a nice location close to water for swimming and playing but near the snorkel area. Don't know where that is. Please let me know if you go to the right or left when entering and facing water. Also do we need water shoes. TIA

Gambler do you know if I can buy a calling card before I get to bermuda?

Thanks again for all the Great Reviews

Sorry I am not sure.

Gambee please tell me...when you enter Horseshoe Bay Beach do you go right or left to get to the best area for snorkeling? There will be 6 of us, (one 13 year old) and we want to get there early to beat the crowds, say 10am. We would like to sit in a nice location close to water for swimming and playing but near the snorkel area. Don't know where that is. Please let me know if you go to the right or left when entering and facing water. Also do we need water shoes. TIA

Just go straight. Right next to the big cliff is where I saw the most fish. Have fun.

Just wanted to join in and say thank you for the review (Best I've ever read). I just booked the BA for August, 2014 and I am a little obsessive while waiting for a cruise and like to read as much as possible about the ships I go on. Now, thanks to you I know just about everything. Also, thanks to you i am now not only saving up for this cruise but I have made it my goal to save up for a Sony NEX-7 before that trip. My 1st "real" camera was an Olympus E500 but I am a Sony guy and seeing those pictures and hearing how happy you are with it...I'm ready to trade it in. Hope you are enjoying your current cruise.

Hi gambee,

I'm not usually one to reply to threads (I prefer to read and hide, lol), but I had to make a comment on this one.

I used to live in Bermuda, and have been feeling particularly homesick the past little while, and your review just made my day. Your pictures are amazing, and I am so pleased that you love Bermuda as much as you do.

So thank you for making me smile, and I hope you have a great time on your Disney cruise! I look forward to reading your other reviews when I have the time.