Viking Star 2015 Cruisers List

rblevow

My wife and I just booked may 2, on the new viking star,,we also will be on the April, 2014 Rhine Getaway river cruise

These new ships look wonderful, already counting the days ,

Gary and Sue Epstein

Denver, colorado

I think a great idea would be to hook up a ocean cruise to a river cruise as a B2B. Perhaps when Viking gets their second ship they can do this. Just a passing thought.

!. Go to countdown clocks

2. do the usual, but take any other ship

3. before doing the copy step change the name of the ship

4. copy & go

sitraveler,

Thanks so much for these instructions! :cool:

Jassy - Jackie and David - we just booked the Aug. 8 Passage Through Western Europe cruise. We also signed up for the pre-cruise excursion to Iceland. This should be a lot of fun!

Now I need to change my signature and try sitraveler's instructions for hacking together a countdown clock. :D

Edited by Jassy

Drib - I'm totally lost - did I miss something? Is there someplace we are supposed to sign up for the cruiser's list? We're booked for the April 11 maiden Istanbul to Stockholm 50 day. Would you please point me in the right direction to getting on the cruiser's list? THANKS!

Since Viking Oceans at this point has only one ship, their roll calls for individual sailings are listed under " All Other Cruise Lines Roll Calls". http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

There you'll find roll calls for each of the itineraries, if one has been started. I think the pdf you are referring to is the list that was started on this Viking Oceans page so that we who have booked could see at a glance who has also booked, which itinerary, etc. Calling it a roll call is what might have gotten it yanked by CC. JMO, of course. ;)

Drib,

Since Viking Oceans at this point has only one ship, their roll calls for individual sailings are listed under " All Other Cruise Lines Roll Calls". http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

There you'll find roll calls for each of the itineraries, if one has been started. I think the pdf you are referring to is the list that was started on this Viking Oceans page so that we who have booked could see at a glance who has also booked, which itinerary, etc. Calling your program a "roll call" is what might have gotten it yanked by CC. JMO, of course. ;)

Becki

Actually, Drib, there is indeed a thread under the 'other' roll calls for the Viking Empire cruise, although it's not listed as such. It's listed as 'Istanbul to Stockholm', and the thread was begun on June 16. Don't think my hubby and I could take 50 days of cruising. I'm still adjusting to his retirement. ;)

Becki

I am so glad that this thread exists! So far, I am the only one posting on the roll call I started for the cruise I have booked so it will be really nice to at least have a group of Viking Star passengers to chat with.

My best friend and I are booked on the Viking Star for the Mediterranean Odyssey sailing October 27, 2015.

I've only been on one Viking river cruise but was so impressed that I know I will plan another one. I was looking at them when they announced the Star and I was lost. We are very excited about the new ship and the itinerary.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Melanie

• 2 weeks later...

I've signed up for the Sept. 3, 2015 cruise. I just registered with Cruise Critic today and posted "somewhere" that I'm signed up for that cruise after reading the posts on this thread. Not sure yet how to navigate in this forum. I don't see anyone else signed up for the Sept. 3 cruise. Will be traveling with a companion and one other couple.

I've only cruised twice. The first time was in 1980, Baltimore to Bermuda, on Carnival. Didn't enjoy the experience.

Cruised again May 2013 Boston to Canada, again on Carnival. There were ten of us and I did not select this particular cruise. That being said, other than loud music everywhere, I enjoyed the cruise. The fact that I was traveling with my school friends had a lot to do with it. We graduated high school together in 1965 and it was fun being "girls" again.

I'm looking forward to this adult, luxury ship.

Diane

Hi Diane - yes, you are posting in the right places. This post is under the cruise "line", in this case Viking Oceans, even though they only have one ocean going vessel, the Viking Star. These threads under Viking Oceans, are for general questions about Viking Star, regardless of when your sail date is.

The other post you made was under Roll Calls -->Other cruise lines. And you did that correctly - looking for those passengers who might be traveling on your specific sail date.

At least so far, there's not much traffic on the Roll Calls as we're all so far out from sailing. There's a bit more traffic on this board as folks are posting questions about more general stuff, but still not a lot. I would expect that will change as we get closer to sailing.

We're crazy and have booked for the whole 50-day maiden cruise in April 2015.

Welcome to CruiseCritic and hope you find it useful!

id4elizabeth,

You will be the expert about the Viking Star after your journey!:)

I had to pass on the July 31 deadline for the initial price.

I need to find a roommate to join up with friends who want to sail Venice to istanbul itinerary.

In the meantime, I am trying to put together a 15day land trip in Turkey for 2014.

I do read the Viking Ocean beautiful brochure about once a week. This ship is perfect for what I want my next European cruise to be.

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your reply. I can tell it's going to take me a while to figure out how to navigate this website.

I'm envious of your 50-day cruise. Of course you will have much to report back to the rest of us. Two years away is a long time to think about a trip. I'm already planning something for next year.

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked the July 25 Viking Homelands. The attachment shows that Viking Star cruise on July 25 goes from Scandinavia to Spain but I just booked Stockholm to Bergen. Did Viking change the itinerary?

Terrier1, we have just reserved the same trip, Stockholm to Bergen Jul 25th but will add pre and post extension, . We have until 31 Aug to decide but unless I find something comparable, will likely send in our deposit. We are going on Viking's China Explorer trip with the Guilin Hong Kong extension Sept 15 which will be our first time with Viking.

Derek and Lauri, although we are off to Viking's China Explorer in less than 3 weeks, I am trying to figure out what to take for the July 25th 2015 Viking Holemand Cruise. Just joking because of your comment. Let us know here on the forum when you find our the date.

Lori and John