Organizing a meet and greet

okinaw55

600+ days until we sail on the Dream. Plenty of time to organize a meet and greet and I thought I would take the bull by the horns and take charge of this one. I would love it if people would share some neat ideas they have done for meet and greets for your role call in the past.

Reserving a venue, name tags, events / games?? Decorations? How to's etc. This kind of thing. Thanks in advance. :)

We had name tags, and wrist bands to designate who was 21+... other than that we just met at the location that Carnival arranged for us and we drank... as much as we could... I guess it depends on the personality of the group you go with. Our group would have never taken away from our drinking time to play a game...

Unless it was a drinking game... Darn, missed opportunity!

~Katy

Perfect! This is the kind of information I'm looking for. I never would have thought of the wrist band idea. Thank you.

I was thinking maybe something like bean bag toss, something easy to do where they can continue to drink if they want to and the equipment is already on board. Maybe coax a ship on a stick out of the staff for the winner?

Worth a shot! But I should say that at our M&G some of us didn't have a free hand to toss a bean bag with ;) Then again, we only had a 1 hour one, and were determined to get more than our moneys worth.

~Katy

Worth a shot! But I should say that at our M&G some of us didn't have a free hand to toss a bean bag with ;) Then again, we only had a 1 hour one, and were determined to get more than our moneys worth.

LOL that sounds like a M&G I would have like to attended. :)

On one cruise where we had an organized M&G, one of the organizers had t-shirts made to commemorate the cruise and our roll call. For those who ordered shirts, we had to email quantity, size, and send $15 via paypal to them prior to the cruise. They had the t-shirts waiting at the M&G on the first sea day. After the 1 hour M&G, we all went on a cabin crawl. Some of those showing their cabins had party favors to hand out at their cabins. One even had a wine tasting. It was a really memorable cruise and we continued to see those from that roll call all over the ship.

Here's hoping you have a great Meet & Greet and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

On my last cruise I was in charge of planning a slot pull, which was completely separate from the meet and greet. At the meet and greet we had name tags and a gift exchange (we were sailing near Christmas). There was a group of us that had a group on FB and we got t-shirts that we wore on the first day and then again for the meet and great. I also kept a document of everyone going (Cast of Characters)...most of us chatted on FB for over a year and got to know each other...oh yeah and we sailed out of Miami and we had a pre-meet at Hard Rock on Friday night (the night before sail away). Clearly with 600+ days to go you will have some time to plan I certainly hope I am part of your planning! Hopefully we will book soon!!

Nice, thank you ForwardC. The cabin crawl is intriguing. We've got 4 sea days so I know we can make this a larger than normal event.

Jenner .. If you book this with us I'd love to have you help out. Whats a slot pull?

We had name tags, and wrist bands to designate who was 21+... other than that we just met at the location that Carnival arranged for us and we drank... as much as we could... I guess it depends on the personality of the group you go with. Our group would have never taken away from our drinking time to play a game...

~Katy

Did someone make wristbands or did you buy them from somewhere??? We are in the early stages of organizing a meet and greet for our cruise on the Sunshine.

On one cruise where we had an organized M&G, one of the organizers had t-shirts made to commemorate the cruise and our roll call. For those who ordered shirts, we had to email quantity, size, and send $15 via paypal to them prior to the cruise. They had the t-shirts waiting at the M&G on the first sea day. After the 1 hour M&G, we all went on a cabin crawl. Some of those showing their cabins had party favors to hand out at their cabins. One even had a wine tasting. It was a really memorable cruise and we continued to see those from that roll call all over the ship.

Here's hoping you have a great Meet & Greet and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I'm a bit naive. How do you do the cabin crawl? What's the general expectation. It does sound very intriguing...

I organized two rather large meet and greets. My suggestion would be to get a co host, for a mix of personalities. Then get a Gmail account and also a PayPal. Order your nametags from staples, we used unique name tags so that we would not need wrist bands. Start getting the word out and ask interested people to email you. Once you have a rough idea of how many people are in, call carnival event planner. Ask for prices, what venues are available, ask them about inviting the cruise director, ask for prizes. They always come through for me. You or co host could design tshirts. You should also get a Facebook page, if you need more info email me at magicapril21@gmail . It is lots of fun organizing a m&g party, and great to meet everyone. Good luck.

I'm a bit naive. How do you do the cabin crawl? What's the general expectation. It does sound very intriguing...

With the cabin crawl you will have a group of 10 cabins or so (various categories)...inside, ocean view, balcony, suites. One person in your group will stay back in your cabin and be a host while the others in your group will walk around to the other cabins to view the different types. They can be fun if you get a good variety of cabins to see.

The person that stays back in your cabin will pass out candy or a little trinket of some sort ;)

~Katy

I drank as many as I could. I took 3 drinks at a time from the bar tender..not including what I snagged from the waiters as they went by...LOL! That sure was a great M&G cocktail party!

On my cruise in Oct. on the Fantasy we are doing a gift exchange. Anyone who wants to participate brings a gift for around $10 from their hometown. I like the idea of that.

We tried all the drinks that we have never tried. A few were mudslides, twilight, mojitos and there were many more. Mingle take many photos. Don't forget to say thank you to the host and co-host take up a thank you collection for the bartenders. Our Host got in touch with John Heald and he had SOAS and champagne donated for prizes. Slot tournament and scavenger hunt.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a m&g cocktail party in Jan on the Magic.

I made gift bags for everyone one attending. Several people brought things to donate to the bags.

Each bag was different. All kinds of things were on the bags. One had salty snacks. One had candy. I made some cruise specific t-shirts and items from Vista print for a great price and some of the bags had them items also.

We also had a raffle basket. It was huge and had lots of goodies in it. A bottle of wine. T shirt. Picture frame. Necklace. Key chains ect,. We sold tickets for 1$ each and the proceeds went to the bar staff who assisted us.

It was an awesome party. We had a blast!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You call Carnival and they will get you the right person. They will set up a place and time for you. They will tell you how many people will have to have to arrange. There is a set number to start with. You have to have that many. Please remember it is your sign and sail card that will be charged for the party.

DH did this. We had people send us the money directly, most checks, and then we put on our sign and sail account. Have to do in $50 chuncks. No big deal for us. Lady came down to party and counted the number of people to know what to charge us. Very easy to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding PayPal there is an option to send the payment as a gift so the host doesn't have to pay the Paypal free. It is instead charged to the sender. ( on $22 it would be $.96). So you could send $22.96 with credit card or send it as a gift so the host doesn't have to eat the fees.

• 6 months later...