Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

That aft view, and some previous shots, make it seem unlikely that there is an open air eating area off the Windjammer. I've been thinking the space could be a Wipeout Bar below the Flowrider.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If you don't see the outside eating area in the photos, check out the cutaway diagram.

It's under the canopy, right below the deck with the FlowRider.

d6cb50617d20a1200639782f8c75d658.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Hmmm. No image from the outdoor webcam.

Is that it for the outdoor webcam on the Quantum?

Or are they installing the North Star and don't want us to see? :D

They inserted a spelling error in the image url.

You can still watch the webcam by open this url and reload it manually: http://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg

They inserted a spelling error in the image url.

You can still watch the webcam by open this url and reload it manually: http://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg

Good catch. I'll have to remember to manually reload the image the same as with the Cape Liberty Camera. Any idea why they inserted a spelling error in the image url after all these days?

Edited by Babyrocko1908

If you don't see the outside eating area in the photos, check out the cutaway diagram.

It's under the canopy, right below the deck with the FlowRider.

Yes, I see it. I just thought that the space was very small to be an eating area. Some pictures from the float out show solid wall sections along the aft perpendicular to where the Windjammer glass ends and the remaining space to the rail from those walls seems small to me and not adequate to contain more than a handful of tables, really. Plus, the starboard portion under the canopy contains a staircase from above eating up some more of that real estate.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Yes, I see it. I just thought that the space was very small to be an eating area. Some pictures from the float out show solid wall sections along the aft perpendicular to where the Windjammer glass ends and the remaining space to the rail from those walls seems small to me and not adequate to contain more than a handful of tables, really. Plus, the starboard portion under the canopy contains a staircase from above eating up some more of that real estate.

That is the same awesome outdoor seating for the Windjammer as the Radiance Class ships. I love that feature. The outdoor area usually goes undiscovered by cruisers for most of the cruise. They usually grab the first available indoor seats.

Eric

Any guesses how they will handle the flow rider stairs that lead to the Windjammer? On the Grandeur they had access from the outdoor seating area to the windjammer and sealed those doors so that you HAD TO go through the atrium and use the main entrance. The reason they gave was that they needed to ensure that everyone used the hand sanitizers. If these stairs lead right in not only will that mess with the passenger flow through the venue it will make it difficult to ensure people use sanitizers. I could see them only using that as an emergency entrance and during off hours such as late at 10pm-6am and maybe between the main meal times.

That is the same awesome outdoor seating for the Windjammer as the Radiance Class ships. I love that feature. The outdoor area usually goes undiscovered by cruisers for most of the cruise. They usually grab the first available indoor seats.

Eric

Ah..I've not been on a Radiance class ship. I can't see how this area won't be discovered given the stairs from the Flowrider above. Seems like it will get some traffic. It's a shortcut to the 'jammer.

Any guesses how they will handle the flow rider stairs that lead to the Windjammer? On the Grandeur they had access from the outdoor seating area to the windjammer and sealed those doors so that you HAD TO go through the atrium and use the main entrance. The reason they gave was that they needed to ensure that everyone used the hand sanitizers. If these stairs lead right in not only will that mess with the passenger flow through the venue it will make it difficult to ensure people use sanitizers. I could see them only using that as an emergency entrance and during off hours such as late at 10pm-6am and maybe between the main meal times.

Are you saying that if you couldn't manage your plate and drink at the same time you were required to go back around to the Atrium entrance for the additional item?

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Eric

JUst to clarify, on the website dedicated to Quantum of the seas dining, it states that the windjammer will have an outdoor terrace.

ScreenShot2014-08-21at95451AM_zps0b345238.png

Ah..I've not been on a Radiance class ship. I can't see how this area won't be discovered given the stairs from the Flowrider above. Seems like it will get some traffic. It's a shortcut to the 'jammer.

There was a similar stair set up on the Radiance Class ships too, coming down from the sports deck (rock wall, golf, basketball). It was next to the Seaview Cafe.

I am really excited about this feature. I loved having breakfast outside looking at the wake of the ship and enjoying the fresh air.

Eric

I was scanning the Quantum cutaway image for something interesting to post about, and got to the pool area. The oval shapes (remember those being assembled on the dock?) over the stairways reminded me of an old photo.

Think of this as a (messy) close-up of the pool area in the webcam image. :D

a4ff80161fc17ed18b8ec4222d1b7e80.jpg

Are you saying that if you couldn't manage your plate and drink at the same time you were required to go back around to the Atrium entrance for the additional item?

Yeah. My mom has mobility issues so she can't carry any of her own stuff. We would easily make 3-4 trips and if they changed people at the door or the guy forgot you they would force you to clean your hands every time. That's why we asked, the door was right there and seemed so much shorter and easier. Would be nice if they blocked the outdoor seating on at least one side during the next dry dock so that it can only be accessible from within the Windjammer.

Next reveal just announced... Aug 25 @ 4pm EST on twitter and 10am EST on their pr website. The 10am announcement states, "...we unveil game-changing technology on Quantum of the Seas." The 4pm announcement says watch live. Could these be different reveals or just a miscommunication on the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Next reveal just announced... Aug 25 @ 4pm EST on twitter and 10am EST on their pr website. The 10am announcement states, "...we unveil game-changing technology on Quantum of the Seas." The 4pm announcement says watch live. Could these be different reveals or just a miscommunication on the time?

It's a miscommunication on time but the same reveal. RCCL PR sent an updated tweet to a user asking this very thing and they said that it would be 10:00 am est but 4:00 pm in Papenburg so the website time is correct but the tweet's time is wrong. I just shake my head in how much miscommunication there is within RCCL's PR team and Twitter team.

It's a miscommunication on time but the same reveal. RCCL PR sent an updated tweet to a user asking this very thing and they said that it would be 10:00 am est but 4:00 pm in Papenburg so the website time is correct but the tweet's time is wrong. I just shake my head in how much miscommunication there is within RCCL's PR team and Twitter team.

It's probably one person for each and they sit in the same room... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well I don't know who's in charge of their PR/Twitter team but they need to be fired. This is getting ridiculous. This is a multi billion dollar company and they can't a competent PR team?? This is ridiculous. It's simple proofreading, which is taught in every English 101 course.

Or it could even be the same person for both and a typo on the Twitter feed. Double LOL

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well I don't know who's in charge of their PR/Twitter team but they need to be fired. This is getting ridiculous. This is a multi billion dollar company and they can't a competent PR team?? This is ridiculous. It's simple proofreading, which is taught in every English 101 course.

Agreed !!!

I was scanning the Quantum cutaway image for something interesting to post about, and got to the pool area. The oval shapes (remember those being assembled on the dock?) over the stairways reminded me of an old photo.

Think of this as a (messy) close-up of the pool area in the webcam image. :D

a4ff80161fc17ed18b8ec4222d1b7e80.jpg

Lloyd,

Many thanks for all the pictures you have posted. We have enjoyed each and everyone; it has made the wait for our November sailing go much faster.

Mary

If they "reveal" the robots in 270 one more time I will scream obscenities... This better be something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app