Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

If I'm ever leaving Bayonne during a blizzard on a Quantum Class ship I will totally be in my bathing suit in a solarium pool just because LOL. That would be something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Please reserve a pool space for me because that would be totally cool to sail out in a bathing suit with a fruity cocktail in your hand and snow falling!

Please reserve a pool space for me because that would be totally cool to sail out in a bathing suit with a fruity cocktail in your hand and snow falling!

That's what I'm considering doing in December!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow they talk a good game! Lets see what actually happens. 😉 I can't reserve dinner but I can get a martini made by a robotic arm and I can pay with a bracelet. Oh and that thud you heard was the IT department diving from the roof at the home office. 😵

Denise

P.S.~ You guys are really on the ball with all the pictures and info thanks to you all!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

I just found my actual cabin looking at Andreas' amazing picture. It appears it's one of the few that still has the oval door "spaceholder" on the balcony. Hmmm...

Tracy

Glad you found your cabin. From the picture he posted earlier today - K3__2388.jpg

Quantum XXL 02

if I am not mistaken all those with the oval window are either suites or accessible balcony staterooms. Or are you referring to something else "spaceholder"?

Glad you found your cabin. From the picture he posted earlier today - K3__2388.jpg

Quantum XXL 02

if I am not mistaken all those with the oval window are either suites or accessible balcony staterooms. Or are you referring to something else "spaceholder"?

I'm trying to figure out the spacing on the rooms on the hump with the oval doors. I figured this was not permanent and some type of plastic coating or am I wrong? We are in SJS #6638. In counting over and trying to figure out which one is this room, is one part of the door oval and then the rest glass. It doesn't make sense to me on the other decks above. All of the SJS's are together on the hump and not all have the oval doors in the same place.

Anyone??

I'm trying to figure out the spacing on the rooms on the hump with the oval doors. I figured this was not permanent and some type of plastic coating or am I wrong? We are in SJS #6638. In counting over and trying to figure out which one is this room, is one part of the door oval and then the rest glass. It doesn't make sense to me on the other decks above. All of the SJS's are together on the hump and not all have the oval doors in the same place.

Anyone??

I am not sure if it is permanent or not. It appears that all FJS, SJS and Accessible Balcony cabins have this oval window. Its a window and not a door. When you look at that XXL photo on your screen, counting from your left to right, your cabin 6638 is the third oval window. Your sliding door is to the left of the oval window. Thus the last oval window belongs to cabin 6636 and its door in on the right.

Only decks 6, 7 and 13 have four SJS on either side. Other decks have two on each side and Deck 8 has none.

You can use the same count method for the FJS on decks 8, with two and then six FJS on decks 9 and 10 on either Port or Starboard sides..

Hope this helps.

Quantum XXL 02

No, we're actually in an accessible balcony on deck 8 (for my dad), so maybe those ovals are permanent? It sure doesn't look wide enough for a wheelchair, though.

Tracy

I am not sure if it is permanent or not. It appears that all FJS, SJS and Accessible Balcony cabins have this oval window. Its a window and not a door. When you look at that XXL photo on your screen, counting from your left to right, your cabin 6638 is the third oval window. Your sliding door is to the left of the oval window. Thus the last oval window belongs to cabin 6636 and its door in on the right.

Only decks 6, 7 and 13 have four SJS on either side. Other decks have two on each side and Deck 8 has none.

You can use the same count method for the FJS on decks 8, with two and then six FJS on decks 9 and 10 on either Port or Starboard sides..

Hope this helps.

If it is permanent, it looks kinda strange when looking at the side of the ship. But it makes sense when I look at the deck plans and count the cabins. I thought deck 8 had 2 SJS but they are GS.

No, we're actually in an accessible balcony on deck 8 (for my dad), so maybe those ovals are permanent? It sure doesn't look wide enough for a wheelchair, though.

Tracy

Yes the oval part is the window for the cabin (thus looks narrow). The doorway is on the side of the window and has to be wide for all accessible cabins, which they do appear to be as compared to the doors on the SJS and FJS. (see the middle glass panel of the doors).

See sample picture in link below.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/popup/cabinClass.do?br=R&cabincls=D&shipCode=QN&popuptype=schematicImage&shipName=Quantum+Of+The+Seas+++++++++++

Yes the oval part is the window for the cabin (thus looks narrow). The doorway is on the side of the window and has to be wide for all accessible cabins, which they do appear to be as compared to the doors on the SJS and FJS. (see the middle glass panel of the doors).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/popup/cabinClass.do?br=R&cabincls=D&shipCode=QN&popuptype=schematicImage&shipName=Quantum+Of+The+Seas+++++++++++

Ahhh. Okay. I get it now. Thanks for the illustration!

We are on the maiden voyage on 11/2, and apparently with the new internet access it should be no big deal for me to post pictures! :D

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by SkyKingBNA

The E balconies seem to have the oval too, which makes sense given that they're square and thus wider than usual. I'm actually not wild about the ovals, they look... strange or out of place... in the overall context of the ship.

Edited by Dave85

Ahhh. Okay. I get it now. Thanks for the illustration!

We are on the maiden voyage on 11/2, and apparently with the new internet access it should be no big deal for me to post pictures! :D

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You and welcome. Yes please take some pictures. It would be great help for the rest of us who may book Quantum class later.

The E balconies seem to have the oval too, which makes sense given that they're square and thus wider than usual. I'm actually not wild about the ovals, they look... strange or out of place... in the overall context of the ship.

You are correct. I see them on deck 6 and 7. I think you really lucked out with those size balconies. Good for you.

Hope everybody liked the reveal. The best one so far!!

That slide show before the reveal was great. I almost missed it, but was checking out the webpage to see if it worked properly.

Thanks for posting the photos, Lou. I just did the same in my roll call. We have an Australian member who likely missed the reveal as well as the slideshow. Glad that RCI posted it on their site. There should be additional interior pictures coming this week after the media complete their tours.

The glass divider in the American Icon Grill is awesome! I'll be wanting to sit right next to one of four of them!

655f82acbddcb70c7c6c6b569d8cbdf7.jpg

b30a7dfa189621a1187706bb91ba656f.jpg

f6d2cd9c59de6222e9c616da2b4c8c15.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I was wondering where the venue with the bottle shapes (Vintages?) was located on the Quantum, but spotted it in a rendering (from today's reveal) on the other side of the Waves of Light art sculpture in the Via Rotunda on deck 5.

82476375b8b391f0ee8a1ad3fbb03184.jpg

324d2da87ee9fae562b187d18a77efac.jpg

I understand what you mean about Vintages, but was wondering what is behind what seems to be doors on the side of the hallway/promenade/esplanade leading to the rotunda??

I believe those are fake for appearance. That should be the area that the pipes for the funnel are routed through.

Here is the company behind the robo-bar that was introduced in May 2013 in partnership with Coca Cola Freestyle and Bacardi.

The design is from the Sensible city lab at MIT.

http://senseable.mit.edu/

http://www.makrshakr.com/

So I guess it's Bacardi & Coke in the Bionic Bar. The robot will definitely know how to make that.

Denise 😆

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk