How long does it take to disembark on RCCL ships in port?

prekcruiser

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas this weekend and I was wondering how long it takes to get off the ship when you get to a port. We have several excursions planned early in the morning and I'm concerned on getting off the ship quickly. :rolleyes: On Carnival, I remember waiting in a long line to get off the ship. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It all depends on the port and how fast the local authorities clear the ship. Another consideration is if you're in a tender port. If that's the case, it can take longer because they take ship sponsored tours first, those with priority tender tickets and finally everyone else. If you're in that last group, it could take an hour or more.

But generally speaking, getting off the ship can take anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes.

Probably has more to do with the local port authorities than the ship.

What ports specifically do you have early excursions set for? This would give everyone an idea about how long based on prior experience.

If you're docked, you simply walk off once they open the door....if you are tendered, it could take a bit longer, as they have to fill the tender boat (which holds ALOT of folks!)

So, at docked ports, walk off. At tender ports, get in line, and you really shouldn't have to wait more than 15-20 mins.

Last December we were on The Navigator. Once the ship was cleared it only took minutes for us to get off the ship. By 7:30 we were in the parking garage trying to find our car.

BUT we understand from people in our Roll Call that it took some of the them a few hours extra to get off the ship because someone tried to smuggle drugs off the ship. So every one had to wait while this person's luggage was searched and he was arrested.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm pretty sure that my ship, the Jewel of the Seas, will be docked in every port, not tendered. The islands we are going to are St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbados and St. Maarten. If anyone has any experience in these ports, please share. I will also post on the RCCL board, thanks.

In St. Maarten it took about 25-35 minutes before we were allowed to disembark. I was on the Allure and it was docked pierside. It just depends on how long it take the local authorities (customs) to clear the ship. Sometimes it's quick sometimes it's not.

Last December we were on The Navigator. Once the ship was cleared it only took minutes for us to get off the ship. By 7:30 we were in the parking garage trying to find our car.

BUT we understand from people in our Roll Call that it took some of the them a few hours extra to get off the ship because someone tried to smuggle drugs off the ship. So every one had to wait while this person's luggage was searched and he was arrested.

depends on customs, the port etc. My quickest was with carnival, docked at 6am and off at 730am. slowest was rci freedom of the seas. we weren't off until 1130. customs became extremely backed up

The OP is asking about ports of call and not disembarking on return to the US.

Archived