Taxi rates in Seattle

bandmp

We were there last week. Price should run you about $40 from airport to downtown. We had a shuttle ($8 pp) from the Mayflower Hotel to Pier 91. Yellow Cab was right at $50 from port to airport.

A taxi should cost $40. Stila Towncar (stationed at the airport) is $45 to downtown.

Shuttle Express has service to several hotels downtown ... if your hotel isn't on the list the stop might be within a block or 2. http://www.shuttleexpress.com/schedsvchotels#DSeattle

Yellow Cab has cars stationed at the airport ... check their web site for the current rates. Since their taxis are metered, any stopping due to traffic issues can be an unknown cost.

Edited by mapleleaves

We were there last week. Price should run you about $40 from airport to downtown. We had a shuttle ($8 pp) from the Mayflower Hotel to Pier 91. Yellow Cab was right at $50 from port to airport.

Can you tell me the shuttle's name as we are staying at the Mayflower also?

Did you like the Mayflower?

We have never been in Seattle before.

Edited by phabric

• 3 weeks later...
We used Eastside flat rate, and were very pleased. Thanks for the info.

Mary Pat

can you tell me if this cab service is already at SeaTac just waiting for passengers to hail them down or do I need to reserve with them in advance. thanks so much .

Edited by dustyroad

can you tell me if this cab service is already at SeaTac just waiting for passengers to hail them down or do I need to reserve with them in advance. thanks so much .

They told me to call them after we get the luggage and it will take no more than 10 minutes for them to pick us up. They will meet you at the airline DEPARTURE area, not the arrivals area.

The phone numbers are at the top of this web page

http://eastsideforhire.net/rates/order-online/

The airport contracts are with Yellow Cab and Stila Towncar so they are the only companies with vehicles stationed at the airport for walk up business.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

But you can call flatrateforhire/eastsideforhire or anyone else to pick you up.

flatrateforhire.com

has the $29 rate but you need to call ahead. If you go with yellow cab they are in the garage all the time however they meter by time and mileage. Usually about $43 into downtonw but varies with traffic.

That is why the locals use the flat rate towncars as they are about the same as a taxi. Just call from baggage claim. Use the phones near the hotel ads and ask for ground trasportation. Stila limos will come to the door closest to you in baggage claim.

Flat rate for hire is a great service and they have about 400 cabs.

Are there phones at the Pier 91 to call Flat Rate For Hire? We don't have a cell phone.

We will be going from Mayflower Park Hotel to Pier 91 and again on our return to the hotel.

I am sure there are other taxis at the port. Is it cheaper to take Flat Rate for Hire than picking a taxi up at the port to the hotel?

It is confusing - shuttle service, taxi, Flat Rate for Hire which one to pick?

Edited by phabric

Are there phones at the Pier 91 to call Flat Rate For Hire? We don't have a cell phone.

We will be going from Mayflower Park Hotel to Pier 91 and again on our return to the hotel.

I am sure there are other taxis at the port. Is it cheaper to take Flat Rate for Hire than picking a taxi up at the port to the hotel?

It is confusing - shuttle service, taxi, Flat Rate for Hire which one to pick?

most taxis charge for time and mileage. The advantage to flatrateforhire or a towncar service is that you don't pay for time you're stuck in traffic. For the pier/hotel trip a regular taxi service will charge about $20. Use the flatrate web site to see what their charge would be.

The biggest price difference will be the SeaTac journey due to the length of the trip.

If you're confused, just call each company and ask for the cost.

Hate to add to your confusion but the Mayflower is next door to the Westlake Light Rail stop ... if you can easily manage your luggage, Light rail from SeaTac to downtown for only $2.75 pp.

most taxis charge for time and mileage. The advantage to flatrateforhire or a towncar service is that you don't pay for time you're stuck in traffic. For the pier/hotel trip a regular taxi service will charge about $20. Use the flatrate web site to see what their charge would be.

The biggest price difference will be the SeaTac journey due to the length of the trip.

If you're confused, just call each company and ask for the cost.

Hate to add to your confusion but the Mayflower is next door to the Westlake Light Rail stop ... if you can easily manage your luggage, Light rail from SeaTac to downtown for only $2.75 pp.

Thank you for the information.

We plan on taking the light rail from airport to & from hotel. We need to get to & from hotel to Pier 91.

I have decided to use flate rate to get to the pier. we will get a free shuttle ride to SeaTac from our over night hotel to meet up with them. the thought of dragging our luggage to the light rail at seatac and then getting a cab downtown to finish up getting to the ship is not the way I want to start my cruise. it will be worth the cost to us and we will get on the beautiful ncl peal that much sooner. ;)

Edited by dustyroad

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from the NCL Jewel Alaskan cruise and we used FlatRate for Hire 6 times during our stay in Seattle. I would highly recommend them. I did not reserve them in advance, just called and my longest wait was less than 10 minutes for the taxi to come. They call you when they get to where you are.

At the airport, I called them from baggage claim and they were there in 5 minutes. Unfortunely my bag did not come for another 15 minutes, but the taxi waited for me and there was no wait fee. Just to verify, the pickup for FlatRate at the airport is at the DEPARTURE AREA, NOT ARRIVALS.

At the King St Amtrak station, my husband called me and said there was a huge taxi line and very few taxis so I called FlatRate for him and boy did he get the nasty stares when his taxi pulled up for him and there were still loads of people waiting for more taxis to arrive. That wait time was less than 5 minutes.

At the pier, there was a huge taxi line, but 4 minutes after calling, my FlatRate guy was there; he called and said he was behind a bus at the traffic light and for us to stand by the curb and wave so he could find us in the traffic and people jam.

Excellant service, friendly drivers, great prices--we will definately use them again when in Seattle.

We just got back from the NCL Jewel Alaskan cruise and we used FlatRate for Hire 6 times during our stay in Seattle. I would highly recommend them. I did not reserve them in advance, just called and my longest wait was less than 10 minutes for the taxi to come. They call you when they get to where you are.

At the airport, I called them from baggage claim and they were there in 5 minutes. Unfortunely my bag did not come for another 15 minutes, but the taxi waited for me and there was no wait fee. Just to verify, the pickup for FlatRate at the airport is at the DEPARTURE AREA, NOT ARRIVALS.

At the King St Amtrak station, my husband called me and said there was a huge taxi line and very few taxis so I called FlatRate for him and boy did he get the nasty stares when his taxi pulled up for him and there were still loads of people waiting for more taxis to arrive. That wait time was less than 5 minutes.

At the pier, there was a huge taxi line, but 4 minutes after calling, my FlatRate guy was there; he called and said he was behind a bus at the traffic light and for us to stand by the curb and wave so he could find us in the traffic and people jam.

Excellant service, friendly drivers, great prices--we will definately use them again when in Seattle.

thanks for letting us know how good they are. we are going to use them when we go from sea to the pier.

• 6 months later...

So far this sounds like the way to go for transportation to/from airport/hotel/pier.

Now one more question: Will a party of three adults with luggage fit in one?

Thanks for your help!

So far this sounds like the way to go for transportation to/from airport/hotel/pier.

Now one more question: Will a party of three adults with luggage fit in one?

Thanks for your help!

you will need to specify your requirements (# passengers, # luggage) on their web site when you reserve a car. I've used them twice but was solo so I got a prius.

Edited by mapleleaves

you will need to specify your requirements (# passengers, # luggage) on their web site when you reserve a car. I've used them twice but was solo so I got a prius.

I did not make any reservations. I just called the 800# when I wanted them. I would tell the dispatcher what your needs are.