UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Donna,

Just getting around to posting about Explorer's "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky". What a great pair!!! Now I know why Leigh is your favorite CD! He is great! And Erky is a perfect AM for him. You can see they have worked together for awhile because they just have such a natural banter back and forth with each other - it's a riot!!! Very funny! They are always available to talk around the ship. Very visible and friendly.

They are both leaving on February 9, and have heard that the Blairs will be replacing them. They will return in 2 months time, for another 4 months contract. That will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot. He has his pilot's license and it is his dream to return to Turkey to live and fly planes for a living. He says he has loved his life at sea (11 years) but now he wants a family and a land based life. Royal will be sad to see him go, as will I.

However, that would be a good time for Leigh to head over to Quantum, to meet up with Richard for a while........

What do you think, Donna? - Miriam

Donna,

Just getting around to posting about Explorer's "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky". What a great pair!!! Now I know why Leigh is your favorite CD! He is great! And Erky is a perfect AM for him. You can see they have worked together for awhile because they just have such a natural banter back and forth with each other - it's a riot!!! Very funny! They are always available to talk around the ship. Very visible and friendly.

They are both leaving on February 9, and have heard that the Blairs will be replacing them. They will return in 2 months time, for another 4 months contract. That will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot. He has his pilot's license and it is his dream to return to Turkey to live and fly planes for a living. He says he has loved his life at sea (11 years) but now he wants a family and a land based life. Royal will be sad to see him go, as will I.

However, that would be a good time for Leigh to head over to Quantum, to meet up with Richard for a while........

VERY excited to sail with these 2 next week!!!

Donna,

What do I think?

Well, of course, I think that Leigh would have been the best choice for regular CD of Quantum, but RCI had other ideas and gave the job to someone else.

However, I also know that Leigh is very happy as the regular CD of Explorer because his girlfriend works on the ship. He isn't looking to be reassigned. He'll work well with whomever eventually replaces Erky as AM.

Thanks for the info on Erky. I will add it to the list the next time I update it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, Miriam!

What do I think?

Well, of course, I think that Leigh would have been the best choice for regular CD of Quantum, but RCI had other ideas and gave the job to someone else.

However, I also know that Leigh is very happy as the regular CD of Explorer because his girlfriend works on the ship. He isn't looking to be reassigned. He'll work well with whomever eventually replaces Erky as AM.

Thanks for the info on Erky. I will add it to the list the next time I update it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, Miriam!

Got to meet Leigh's girlfriend, she's so sweet (and pretty!). Erky's fiance is onboard, too! She's from Ireland and working back of the house, so they are all content onboard in that respect. Yes, I know what you mean about Leigh being content onboard the Explorer as CD, but he does not want to go to Asia, when it repositions, so I (and I'm sure MANY others) would like to see him remain home-based on the East Coast, where we can see him once or twice a year! The Quantum will need 2 CD's, just like the Oasis and the Allure, so let's have the other one be Leigh!

Already looking forward to my January cruise on Explorer, so my DH can experience "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky" ! - Miriam

Got to meet Leigh's girlfriend, she's so sweet (and pretty!). Erky's fiance is onboard, too! She's from Ireland and working back of the house, so they are all content onboard in that respect. Yes, I know what you mean about Leigh being content onboard the Explorer as CD, but he does not want to go to Asia, when it repositions, so I (and I'm sure MANY others) would like to see him remain home-based on the East Coast, where we can see him once or twice a year! The Quantum will need 2 CD's, just like the Oasis and the Allure, so let's have the other one be Leigh!

Already looking forward to my January cruise on Explorer, so my DH can experience "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky" ! - Miriam

Good points. The only thing is that the regular CD has a 4 month contract followed by 2 months off, and the second CD only has 2 month contracts (although they can do fill-ins on two ships, like John Blair does). Leigh needs to be a regular CD somewhere, not a fill-in, or someone who goes from ship to ship.

Oasis needs a regular CD - since Amy was reassigned, there seems to be rotating group of fill-ins. And, Allure will need a regular CD when Ken heads over to Germany to bring out the next 3 ships. But, my best guess for Leigh is to replace Richard as regular CD of Freedom when Richard moves over to Germany in June 2014 to bring out the new ships.

I don't think I'm going to be lucky enough to squeeze in another cruise on Explorer with Leigh, so I hope he stays local too!

Edited by DonnaK

John Eddison(last name?) will be filling in on Grandeur during Ricky Martins break.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Lafuente. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor for approx 2 months until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 4 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (April-August will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot.)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June before heading over to Germany to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th, then John Eddison (sp?) from November 26 through mid-to-late January. Ricky Matthews will return in January for 4 months. (exact handover date in January?) (Daryl Dyball is returning as Activities Manager in late November)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (exact date?) Dennis Charles from early January through early March

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rick Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 11

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13, then Jerome Sueur will be filling in for approx. 2 months until Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Activities Manager Gordon is filling in as CD for Bobby/Becky Brown who had to leave the ship earlier than originally scheduled. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. Ken Jones will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith started October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Hi Donna Drew devine just posted on facebook he will be going to the oasis in march but didnt what day.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 until January, then Mercedes Lafuente. (exact handover date needed)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks September 15 through sometime in November, then Ken Rush (need exact handover date)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor for approx 2 months until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 through Nov. 8, then John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 4 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (April-August will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot.)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard should be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June before heading over to Germany to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews Sept 13 thru November 26th, then John Eddison (sp?) from November 26 through mid-to-late January. Ricky Matthews will return in January for 4 months. (exact handover date in January?) (Daryl Dyball is returning as Activities Manager in late November)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning at the end of May through Sept 2014 (exact dates?) (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau started Sept 7 Through early January. (exact date?) Dennis Charles from early January through early March

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 (until when? then who?) Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13, then Jerome Sueur will be filling in for approx. 2 months until Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started in early September (until when?). (Rob is the Activities Manager)

Navigator OTS - John Perry from October 12 until ships goes into drydock on January 5. Then, Dave Chapman when ship returns from drydock on February 5

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2 until sometime in March, then Drew Devine. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush helping him with behind the scenes CD duties to provide a smooth take out. They will likely remain onboard until early January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Activities Manager Gordon is filling in as CD for Bobby/Becky Brown who had to leave the ship earlier than originally scheduled. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. Ken Jones will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier until Nov 25. Topi Ylönen is joining Serenade on November 25

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente (until Dec 8?) then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Anthony Richards is joining Vision on Sept 24 for revitalization and for Miami cruises (through Nov 13?) and then Rico du Breil for Panama (Nov 13 through April 26?).

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith started October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

In BillOh's review of the Majesty Halloween cruise, he mentions that Mitch is the CD, so the new young lady that dealer9296 posted about above must have another role on the ship.

I was on that same cruise and Mitch was the CD.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 4 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (April thru August will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot.)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard expects to be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June before heading over to Germany to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Oasis OTS - Dave Chapman September 14 until November 16. Jimmy Rhodes will be arriving on November 2 until sometime in March, then Drew Devine. (Frankie began as Activities Manager on Oct 5) Rico duBriel expects to be joining Oasis in the Spring/Summer 2014 (after Vision/Panama season)

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Bobby Brown re joined Radiance 1 November in Darwin.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker returns on January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 4 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (April thru August will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and become a commercial airline pilot.)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey from Sept 8 until December 22, then Mike Hunnerup will be covering Richard's break from December 22 through mid-late February. Richard expects to be back on Freedom for one more contract mid-to-late February until mid-to-late June before heading over to Germany to prepare for Quantum, then to prepare for Anthem, then to prepare for Oasis III.

Radiance OTS - Bobby/Becky Brown until November 16. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

In BillOh's review of the Majesty Halloween cruise, he mentions that Mitch is the CD, so the new young lady that dealer9296 posted about above must have another role on the ship.

That was my first cruise with Mitch, so I definitely do confirm that !

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Radiance OTS - Bobby/Becky Brown until November 16. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months?)

Anthony will do the 1-nighter and Rico will take over on Monday. He's been on since St Maarten which I think was Tuesday.

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis July 27 through November 23, then Clo O'Connor until Steve returns in February

Enchantment OTS - John Blair from November 8 through January 8, then Marc Walker January 8 for approx 4 months, followed by John Blair for approx. 2 months.

Vision OTS - Rico du Breil for the Panama season, Nov 12 through April 26

Edited by DonnaK

Just got on the Allure it looks like Ken Rush is the CD.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush from November 10 (for 2 months? or for 4 months?) then Allan Brooks

Any Idea who will be doing the Alaska season 2014 on the Radiance after Amy.

To come

Alaska August 2014

Returned from

Oasis of the seas 2013

Independence of the Seas 2009

This will be Amy's first contract on the ship. We still don't know if it will be for 2 months or for 4 months. We also don't know if she is returning as the regular CD of the ship, or if this is just a one or two contract deal. We also don't know if Bobby will be alternating with her on a regular basis, or if someone else will be filling in during the regular Cd's breaks. Or maybe Bobby will be the regular CD (longer contracts), and Amy is just a fill-in this time around. So many possibilities, and nothing has been confirmed

August 2014 is too far to predict, but I will update as soon as info becomes available so keep checking back.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush from November 10 (for 2 months? or for 4 months?) then Allan Brooks

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9, with Erky as his Activities Manager. Then John Blair from February 9 until April 5 with Katrina Blair as his Activities Manager. Then Leigh (CD) and Erky (AM) will be returning from their break on April 5, 2014 for approx. 4 months, followed by the Blairs for approx 2 months. (April thru August will be Erky's last contract, as he plans to marry and return to Turkey and work as a commercial airline pilot.)

Liberty OTS - Rick Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 11 (then who?)

Radiance OTS - Bobby/Becky Brown until November 16. Amy Fickert begins on November 16 (for 4 months? Then who?)

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Lafuente until Dec 8 then João Pereira begins Dec 8 for the South American season

Edited by DonnaK