Bathrobes...how 'big'?

psycomac

While DH is of average build, I am on the....fluffy...side..hehe...how big are the robes that they provide with the suites? I've done a search and seen tons of threads on *which* rooms provide them but nobody really talks about how big they are. Are they standard sized fare or will they fit someone who's not "standard" size...?

While DH is of average build, I am on the....fluffy...side..hehe...how big are the robes that they provide with the suites? I've done a search and seen tons of threads on *which* rooms provide them but nobody really talks about how big they are. Are they standard sized fare or will they fit someone who's not "standard" size...?

Not big enough according to someone at Maltings, 3 guys came were in the atrium (she guessed from the spa but not sure) and BOY did they let it all hang out. People were looking, pointing, laughing. They hadn't a clue but they should have.

Not big enough according to someone at Maltings, 3 guys came were in the atrium (she guessed from the spa but not sure) and BOY did they let it all hang out. People were looking, pointing, laughing. They hadn't a clue but they should have.

Yes. PLEASE wear something under your robe when by the pool or in public areas of the spa. I was 100% certain that the only 'gina I'd see on our cruise would be my wife's. BOY WAS I WRONG! :eek:

yes. Please wear something under your robe when by the pool or in public areas of the spa. I was 100% certain that the only 'gina i'd see on our cruise would be my wife's. Boy was i wrong! :eek:

l o l.

Thank you all for the various experience with the robes, I'll be interested to see the larger of the 2 if there's one available (I like to swim in my 'lounging' attire lol)

Yes. PLEASE wear something under your robe when by the pool or in public areas of the spa. I was 100% certain that the only 'gina I'd see on our cruise would be my wife's. BOY WAS I WRONG! :eek:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit...

ty ty :)

My husband's chunkiness in his abdomen is above his waist and he can wear the robes. However, my overweight gut is below my waist and I can't close the robe. So, it depends where your 'fluffiness' is.

My husband's chunkiness in his abdomen is above his waist and he can wear the robes. However, my overweight gut is below my waist and I can't close the robe. So, it depends where your 'fluffiness' is.

I'm kind of all over evenly fluffy lol. But not as fluffy as I used to be (reference: forum avatar lol) Gastric bypass did its job :p Then having my DD undid some of Gastric Bypass' job lol

This is the only thing you'll hear me gripe about on NCL - their robes are small, shabby and not fluffy and (whisper voice) Carnival's robes are better... heavier, larger and more comfy. Maybe the ones on Breakaway are better. I'm kinda large myself and they fit, but not to the point I want to lounge around in one (in my ROOM people, not outside Maltings or whatever! :eek:)

This is the only thing you'll hear me gripe about on NCL - their robes are small, shabby and not fluffy and (whisper voice) Carnival's robes are better... heavier, larger and more comfy. Maybe the ones on Breakaway are better. I'm kinda large myself and they fit, but not to the point I want to lounge around in one (in my ROOM people, not outside Maltings or whatever! :eek:)

I've seen people talk about 2 different types of robes, suite and non-suite ones. Anybody have experience between the two (or pictures even?? :D)

Might be interesting to see the difference...

I've seen people talk about 2 different types of robes, suite and non-suite ones. Anybody have experience between the two (or pictures even?? :D)

Might be interesting to see the difference...

We were in a suite in March on the Jewel and THAT is the flimsy robe I am describing... do you even get a robe if you are below suite? I don't think so..... but I haven't been on an inside on NCL in a couple of years.

(whispering again) Carnival robes are still better. But That's The Only Thing That Is I Swear!

We were in a suite in March on the Jewel and THAT is the flimsy robe I am describing... do you even get a robe if you are below suite? I don't think so..... but I haven't been on an inside on NCL in a couple of years.

(whispering again) Carnival robes are still better. But That's The Only Thing That Is I Swear!

lol...I was talking about the mini-suites and balconies vs the full suites. I read a thread (while looking for the size issue) that said that some people who had been in balconies had gotten one of a different material than the plush ones in the Haven suites.

Well, I am a little on the "fluffy" side in both the chest and tummy! Just off the Jade, very first time in a Aft Penthouse Suite, and this was the first time that a bathrobe fit me. That was a special treat for me! :)

We were in a suite in March on the Jewel and THAT is the flimsy robe I am describing... do you even get a robe if you are below suite? I don't think so

You can get a robe in any cabin category IF you ask your cabin steward for one. :D

Yeah the robes were better and I do have to say that the Carnival steakhouse kicked Cagney's a$$. Just my opinion of course.

I've done both regular balcony and spa suite and noticed no difference in the plushness or size of the robes. I appreciate the thin cotton though cause otherwise they'd be hot. I'm not sure how big they were. They were pretty big on me but I'm small/average size. I would guess that they'd accommodate a fairly fluffy person pretty well.

Happy cruising!

Ive been trying to post a picture of fluffy me and DH in the robes...but cant figure it out! Which code from photobucket? Do I paste it directly in the box that comes up for insert picture or do I have to delete the http that's there? HELP!

Archived