Flight change...will we make it???

crazy.cruzer

We had the exact same situation on our Victory cruise in May--we needed to get from Port of Miami to MIA for a US Air flight scheduled to take off at 11:35. We toyed with the idea of taking a later flight, but we had purchased FTTF, so we felt pretty good about it, and the next flight was MUCH later (like you said, not very appealing).

As it worked out, once on board the ship, we decided to purchase Luggage Express, which meant we wouldn't have to claim our luggage if we set it out and we wouldn't have to carry it with us and do self-assist either. Luggage Express group met at 8:00 a.m. We were off by 8:20, through customs, and in a taxi by 8:30. We were at the airport (you can go straight to security because the Luggage Express program sends your bags through to final destination and your boarding passes are printed ahead of time for you by Carnival) and at the gate by 9:05 a.m. Great!

Then our flight was delayed for an hour and a half, LOL, but at least we know that we can make a flight that early if we need to. Sure, if something unavoidable happens, like the ship is late into port, you will have problems, but otherwise it's fine.

I wouldn't change it at all!!

Just do Self Assist and get off as early as possible. Take a TAXI or private pre-arranged transportation to the airport.

We were off the Liberty in Miami and at FLL by 9am last November.

Plenty of Time.. but getting off as soon as they release the ship is the key.

Catrin

Once in San Diego, we all waited over two hours for a Chinese couple to show up for immigration (for some reason, ICE decided to do on board immigration). Every five minutes the PA went off with their names and instructions to show up (in English of coarse). To this day I wonder if they ever thought to send someone to their cabin.

San Diego always does passport check onboard. (Do not know how it is supposed to be in the new, unused terminal.) Declaration forms are collected when leaving the gangway.

Go Quakes!

We had no problem making our 1130 flight in march.

We used the regular debarkation process .... We left our luggage out the night before and picked it up in the terminal prior to going through customs..

We did go to guest services the day before and took my flight itinary and let them know I had an early flight and they gave me # 5. Off the ship by 815, we took the carnival bus to the airport, got checked in and through security and at our gate by 10am..... So I definitely think you can do it if all things runs smoothly.

I would suggest luggage express, if they have it ( they didn't in march). We use it every chance we get.

I need a little help! Has anyone sailed out of New Orleans? How early

would you book a flight home? Any help would be appreciated.

The taxi run to the airport is about 1/2 hour. Airport security is about average to a little slow. If you self debark you should be able to clear the port quickly, if not, there can be some significant delays in New Orleans. On the Navigator, they tended to clear the ship quickly only to back up in the port.

The taxi run to the airport is about 1/2 hour. Airport security is about average to a little slow. If you self debark you should be able to clear the port quickly, if not, there can be some significant delays in New Orleans. On the Navigator, they tended to clear the ship quickly only to back up in the port.

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of booking an 11:15 a.m. flight and wasn't sure if this was too early. There are 7 of us to organize so I was thinking taxi would be the way to go.

Keep the flight! I think Carnival recommends any flight after 1130, so you're right at the earliest time. We always book a flight around this time. Even with the airport delays last December from the storms, we got there in time. The security line at MIA was all the way back to the doors, but we still made it in time.

~~Ashley~~

PARROTHEAD AND JIMMY BUFFET LOVER - HE'S MY HERO - WHO BETTER TO ADMIRE?

Eastern Caribbean on the Freedom - December 14, 2013

Western Caribbean on the Liberty - December 15, 2012

Western Caribbean on the Glory - December 11, 2011

Western Caribbean on the Valor - December 12, 2010

I have made a 10:15 flight out of Miami three times now. Just self disembark, grab a cab and go. You will beat the rush to the airport. I have always had plenty of time to kill as well. Yes, things can always happen and do at time. You just have to be comfortable with your risk tolerance.

Yes, you can easily make a 11:30 flight out of Miami. Do self-assist disembark where you take your luggage off and you will be in the first groups leaving the ship. I even think you can make this flight if you do regular disembark-just request an early group number. I made a 10:05 flight from MIA in April off the Breeze. Did self-assist and was sitting in the Miami airport at my gate by 7:45.

When we sailed into Miami once they closed the port due to a bomb threat. No one was able to leave the ship until after 11:00. I have also been delayed in LA due to employee immigration checks where no one could get off till after 9:00. So things can and do happen. I wouldn't book a flight till early afternoon just based on my experiences.

I would have to agree with the above. You never know when something might happen. I would personally feel better booking on the later flight, and if you arrive at the airport early enough see if you can fly standby on the earlier one. Better safe than sorry. :o

I just got notification that US AIR has changed our flight out of Miami following our Breeze cruise from 1:00 p.m. to 11:35 am. Im thinking I need to look into changing it????

Looks like they changed quite a few flights out Florida. Mines was originally flight #742 from FLL to PHL leaving at 2:05pm, then when I went to put the information into TripDeck/Tripit, the flight didn't show up, so I went to the US Airways website to check my confirmation, and it seemed the flights number changed, and the flight is leaving 15-20 minutes early. It's no where near a difference as yours, and I still have my original seats in row #10. While confirming they did ask me if I agreed to changed, which I did, but what if I would have said no?!

I just got notification that US AIR has changed our flight out of Miami following our Breeze cruise from 1:00 p.m. to 11:35 am. Im thinking I need to look into changing it????

a couple weeks ago when i got off the Liberty i had an 11:55 am flight. i got off with group 1 and was at the airport by 8:15...so you should easily be fine

Normally I would say not to try that early a flight. However, with 2 cruises on Breeze, their debark began before 7 a.m. both times. I had an 11:30 flight, left the Lido deck at 9 both times, and was off the ship and in a cab by 9:30 and checked in at the airport and thru security by 10:00. If you are worried, go to Guest Services when you get your debark zone tags, and you can exchange them for an "early" low #.

[quote name='crazy.cruzer'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]I just got notification that US AIR has changed our flight out of Miami following our Breeze cruise from 1:00 p.m. to 11:35 am. Im thinking I need to look into changing it???? [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/quote]
You will be fine just carry your luggage off.

Archived