Flight change...will we make it???

crazy.cruzer

Same thing happened to us only on American Airlines. The hubs wanted to risk it but I thought better of it. We changed the flight to 1:30pm to be on the safe side.

The next flight isnt until 3...and gets us home after midnight.....I'm not thirilled with that option either! lol

My sister and I had an 11:10am flight out of Miami after our cruise last month (my sister booked it, not me!) and we made it, but we got stuck in rush hour traffic and construction so I was stressed out the whole time. We were off the ship by 8am, and after we went through security at the airport, we only had 10 minutes before boarding. So yes, you could make, but you could also miss it. You never know.

I just got notification that US AIR has changed our flight out of Miami following our Breeze cruise from 1:00 p.m. to 11:35 am. Im thinking I need to look into changing it????

You can do it.

Use SELF ASSIST and get up to be first off the ship.

I would grab a TAXI over the Carnival shuttle as the bus wont leave until it is full. A TAXI will leave right away.

Last month my dh and I had a 11:10 flight out of Miami on American airline we just did self embarkment even with us being platinum cruisers and we were at the airport in plenty of time in fact with like and hour and a half to spare and that was even going through security hope this helps!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just curious ... will the airline charge you a fee for changing the flight (even though they changed the flight time first?).

My husband and I were allowed to change with no additional charges since the airline was the one that changed the flight.

When we fly out of miami we usually get a flight between 10 - 11 am. And 11:30 - 12:00 for FT Lauderdale. We always self disembark and have always been to the airport well early enough. With that being said we never had any issues getting into port or off the ship. It could happen, but I would be fine with a 11:30 flight. Hope I didnt jinx myself, lol. Have fun

I just got notification that US AIR has changed our flight out of Miami following our Breeze cruise from 1:00 p.m. to 11:35 am. Im thinking I need to look into changing it????

[/quote

If the Cruise is out of Miami as well you will probably be fine - depends on how far the port is from the airport - My cruise was from Port Canaveral and my flight was out of Orlando - its almost an hour drive from the port to the airport - My flight was 11:35 as well... I had let guest services know that I had an early flight which was actually set up through Carnival... Guest Services scheduled me in the first groups to debark the ship and even with that i wasnt able to get off the ship until 9:30 am... then had to get the transport which was also set up by carnival - the bus wanted to wait until they had at least 30 people on the bus but there were several of us who had an early flight and would have missed it if we hadnt pushed them to get going asap... by the time i got to the airport and through security check in and to the gate I had only 10 minutes before they started boarding the plane... was way to close for comfort in my opinion

breeze sails from miami- self embarkation. take a cab and you will be there with time to spare. do not put your luggage out the night before. carry off everything with the first wave of passengers. you should be sitting at your gate bored by 9:30 at the latest

When we sailed into Miami once they closed the port due to a bomb threat. No one was able to leave the ship until after 11:00. I have also been delayed in LA due to employee immigration checks where no one could get off till after 9:00. So things can and do happen. I wouldn't book a flight till early afternoon just based on my experiences.

When we sailed into Miami once they closed the port due to a bomb threat. No one was able to leave the ship until after 11:00. I have also been delayed in LA due to employee immigration checks where no one could get off till after 9:00. So things can and do happen. I wouldn't book a flight till early afternoon just based on my experiences.

Once in San Diego, we all waited over two hours for a Chinese couple to show up for immigration (for some reason, ICE decided to do on board immigration). Every five minutes the PA went off with their names and instructions to show up (in English of coarse). To this day I wonder if they ever thought to send someone to their cabin.

We had an 11:25 flight from Miami after the Breeze (5/5/13). We did self assist, took a cab and were at our gate at the airport by 8:25. So we had 3 hours to wait before our flight.

The next flight isnt until 3...and gets us home after midnight.....I'm not thirilled with that option either! lol

That was pretty much our choice too so we took a chance and like I said we had 3 hours to wait before the flight.

Archived