Good place for departure gathering on the Jewel?

Blondie70

Hey all you recent Jewel sailors!!!

DH and I are sailing in October out of NOLA. Never cruised with NCL and never out of NOLA. Wondering what the best spot you think would be to have a departure gathering. None of us in our little group have ever been on the Jewel, so we don't really know where to meet to watch the sites heading out of NO and be able to visit a little. Thanks for any ideas!

I like the Great Outdoors.

All the way aft deck 12

My husband and I enjoyed sitting in Galaxy on the Stars on Spirit which was Spirit's version of the Spinnaker Lounge. It was nice to be looking forward instead of aft.

I do hope you are able to get together.

Just keep in mind that folks are often busy with first day - unpacking, finding lost luggage, finding room, figuring out diner, etc etc.

My choice would be the outside bar just above the pool - whatever it is called.

It depends on if you're wanting to sit and relax and have a drink and/or some food, or if you're strictly wanting to watch as you leave port. If the latter is the case, then I would choose all the way AFT on deck 7 - the open air deck. You will likely have the place to yourselves but there is no place to sit. Plenty of room for several to stand.

Have fun!

DH and I are sailing in October out of NOLA. Never cruised with NCL and never out of NOLA. Wondering what the best spot you think would be to have a departure gathering. None of us in our little group have ever been on the Jewel, so we don't really know where to meet to watch the sites heading out of NO and be able to visit a little. Thanks for any ideas!

Really, none of us? I have been on her twice. :confused:

Or are you talking about your private group outside of the roll call?:mad:

I believe there are others, on the roll call, that have also been on the Jewel in the past.;)

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I like the Great Outdoors idea from what I can tell from the deck plans. Looking forward to seeing that view of NO too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Either side of Deck 7 would be my choice mid ship. The Jewel is facing upriver while she is docked. She will edge sideways away from the dock after all the ropes are dropped and then make a wide U Turn in the river and head downstream. If you have never seen that whole process before, it is very interesting. I usually start on the dock side of Deck 7 and then go to the other.

Either side of Deck 7 would be my choice mid ship. .... I usually start on the dock side of Deck 7 and then go to the other.

Thanks so much, 3traveler! That's a good idea as well. Closer to the water too!

Really, none of us? I have been on her twice. :confused:

Or are you talking about your private group outside of the roll call?:mad:

I believe there are others, on the roll call, that have also been on the Jewel in the past.;)

I haven't read any of the posts on your roll call thread but simply from the part you yourself highlighted in red text, it would appear that the OP is talking specifically about *their* LITTLE GROUP. I mean they kind of even say that...are you part of "their little group"?

I had a OS on the Jewel last Sept and being at the very front is awesome. You had the best view. When I had a forward cabin on the Star I could look up and see many Cruisers at the very front of the Ship. Would be good place to be. Although it can get windy.

Archived