That was a mistake

loveJake

I submitted an early saver form to save only $10 and lost my $50 OBC. Said this is a different promotion, OK I understand that but thought once you had OBC they would not take away. Guess I learned something new.

I submitted an early saver form to save only $10 and lost my $50 OBC. Said this is a different promotion, OK I understand that but thought once you had OBC they would not take away. Guess I learned something new.

They never take FCC or stock OBC. If you had a OBC from another promotion you can los it when applying for different promotions. You should have received an email stating you had the option of keeping prior OBC. I received an email last week & nothing would have been processed until I replied to that email. I replied since my price drop was more than the prior OBC.

They never take FCC or stock OBC. If you had a OBC from another promotion you can los it when applying for different promotions. You should have received an email stating you had the option of keeping prior OBC. I received an email last week & nothing would have been processed until I replied to that email. I replied since my price drop was more than the prior OBC.

I did receive the E-mail and I did not reply last week. And tonight I got an E-mail with the $10 off balance and OBC gone. Not getting too excited, looks like the ship is not full, so expect a drop before sail date.

You cant double dip and keep obc from one promo while price matching to another promo. If you have onboard credit from stock, or an fcc or some other non-fare related source then you can have both.

If you have already recieved a fare based OBC you need to take that into account before submitting any price drops to make sure the NET difference is really a lower price.

Yes, Carnival is really playing the shuffle board with their customers these days. Your only option , book else where ;)

I have 2 cruises booked. First on CCL in July. I booked 2 connecting OV rooms. Since booking I have had multiple price drops totaling $780. I upgraded our rooms to 2 connecting balconies for $400 and am still $380 dollars ahead of what I booked. Many rooms in our categories are still available so I am anticipating some more price drops before sailing.

Our second cruise is on NCL in October. We booked a balcony room. Since booking the prices have gone up and the balcony rooms have sold out so there will be no price drops. In fact the OV rooms are now going for $175 more than I paid for our balcony room.

I find the 2 lines and the 2 ships (Freedom and Jewel) to be extremely comparable with both of them having their pros/cons that even them out. We have sailed both so I can say that from experience. Our CCL cruise is currently costing us $10 less per person per day than our NCL cruise cost us. I have booked elsewhere, but right now Carnival is the still best value for our $$ and I expect that value to get even better with even more anticipated drops.

Other people have not gotten the email that posted they wound up losing money on the deal.

It seems a lot of people think OBC is FREE and you dont need to subtract it from the price to get your true base cost to figure out if the new price is actually lower.. and submitting it for a HIGHER cost basis and getting what they asked for.

The last post like this asked to go back to what they had and were told too late.

Same thing happened to me - learned a lesson! :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Sorry .. OP see its happening to others. Not everyone gets a email warning them it would be a net loss to do the price match they ask for.

Yes, Carnival is really playing the shuffle board with their customers these days. Your only option , book else where ;)

where do you see the 'shuffle board' (as you call it)?

Carnival gives you a promotion with OBC. then if you decide you want a different promotion they remove the first promotion (entirely) and give you the second. You need to realize that the OBC is part of the promotion.

They even send you an email making sure this is what you want.

What is wrong with what they did? Or are you just looking to find any excuse to tell people not to cruise on Carnival?

I have 2 cruises booked. First on CCL in July. I booked 2 connecting OV rooms. Since booking I have had multiple price drops totaling $780. I upgraded our rooms to 2 connecting balconies for $400 and am still $380 dollars ahead of what I booked. Many rooms in our categories are still available so I am anticipating some more price drops before sailing.

Our second cruise is on NCL in October. We booked a balcony room. Since booking the prices have gone up and the balcony rooms have sold out so there will be no price drops. In fact the OV rooms are now going for $175 more than I paid for our balcony room.

I find the 2 lines and the 2 ships (Freedom and Jewel) to be extremely comparable with both of them having their pros/cons that even them out. We have sailed both so I can say that from experience. Our CCL cruise is currently costing us $10 less per person per day than our NCL cruise cost us. I have booked elsewhere, but right now Carnival is the still best value for our $$ and I expect that value to get even better with even more anticipated drops.

Lucky you! Most are getting confused with the new programs Carnival has created and are either having to pay the full deposit or losing their rooms.:eek:

Carnival gives you a promotion with OBC. then if you decide you want a different promotion they remove the first promotion (entirely) and give you the second. You need to realize that the OBC is part of the promotion.

What is wrong with what they did? Or are you just looking to find any excuse to tell people not to cruise on Carnival?

Carnival gives the customer confusion or can you not see past the smoke and mirror that Carnival puts in place for their customers :rolleyes:.

Some people are not even receiving this invisible email that you speak of :rolleyes:

Lucky you! Most are getting confused with the new programs Carnival has created and are either having to pay the full deposit or losing their rooms.:eek:

I really haven't read a lot of threads where this has been happening...definately not enough to consider most people as getting confused. Most of the threads I have read were of people excited about the price drops they have been receiving.

OOPs....Carnival Cruise is in August. I had July on the brain wishing it was July and not August :o:D.

I really haven't read a lot of threads where this has been happening...definately not enough to consider most people as getting confused. Most of the threads I have read were of people excited about the price drops they have been receiving.

You should take those sunglasses off when you read these forums;):D

It has been my experience that a request for on board credit will be denied if it will lower the total amount of on board credit already applied.

I received an e-mail saying that I would lose the previous credit because that promotion was no longer offered.

A week later the price dropped more than before. I applied and lost some but ended up with a larger on board credit.

WRONG

I put in for a price drop and received an e-mail where the price drop was less then the OBC. Did not reply to the e-mail as instructed because the OBC was more. Now a week and a half later I get the $10 off my rate with my OBC gone in an e-mail. I did exactly as Carnival told me to do, and still am out - I admit I did not realize my OBC would be gone -BUT when the e-mail came and I saw what would happen I followed their instructions.

Carnival gives the customer confusion or can you not see past the smoke and mirror that Carnival puts in place for their customers :rolleyes:.

Some people are not even receiving this invisible email that you speak of :rolleyes:

dude, if you dont like carnival then dont cruise carnival, go post on your new cruise lines page

I guess I'm still confused. I've gotten those invisible emails.

Received the OBC credit on a promotion. I booked early saver. If the cost goes down, I should get the new cost or OBC credit due to ES, not because I'm booked in some promotion?? But I have to book out of the promotion to receive the new cost?? Basically I can't take the new cost and keep the OBC?

I guess I'm still confused. I've gotten those invisible emails.

Received the OBC credit on a promotion. I booked early saver. If the cost goes down, I should get the new cost or OBC credit due to ES, not because I'm booked in some promotion?? But I have to book out of the promotion to receive the new cost?? Basically I can't take the new cost and keep the OBC?

If you have a promotional OBC then you must deduct that from your purchase price to compare apples to apples with current pricing if looking for a price drop. If you choose to price match with Early Saver you will give up your previous promotional OBC for the new promotion price/new promotion OBC. An OBC due to ES price drop after final payment is not a promotional OBC and will not be lost.

I sent an early saver form in for a price difference of $30 found on carnival search engine but it also stated there were free upgrades. What I got was a $50 price adj on my fare which gave me an obc of $70. I had asked for obc because the cruise is paid in full, but I can't figure how they came to the amounts!! I'M NOT COMPLAINING!! just curious as to how they came up with these amounts.

dude, if you dont like carnival then dont cruise carnival, go post on your new cruise lines page

May I have an opinion like everyone else or are you just wanting to read only the positives about Carnival, open your eyes and smell the coffee.

Everything about Carnival is not all positive, my opinion stands.

Archived