Do you like an inside cabin?

clinthi

I have been on several cruises but have never had an inside cabin. We are looking at Fantasy--which does not have a balcony unless you get a suite. A suite is not in our budget right now. We are comparing oceanview and inside.

I know EVERYONE prefers balconies/suites...but for those of you who have had an inside cabin before, would you book an inside again?

I have stayed in an inside twice and yes I would book it again. I booked a balcony on next cruise only because we got an awesome price.

Did you have a triple or quad cabin? If so, where were the 3rd and 4th beds?

I stayed in a quad inside and one bunk was above dh and I bed and the other bunk was across in front of our bed and also pulled out from the wall.

I have been on several cruises but have never had an inside cabin. We are looking at Fantasy--which does not have a balcony unless you get a suite. A suite is not in our budget right now. We are comparing oceanview and inside.

I know EVERYONE prefers balconies/suites...but for those of you who have had an inside cabin before, would you book an inside again?

I have only been on one cruise - I had an inside cabin and doubt seriously I will ever book a balcony, I honestly don't see the point in paying the extra for a balcony cabin where I am rarely even in the cabin - i was there to sleep and shower. I was able to see any view I wanted when i went out on deck. The price difference between a balcony and the inside cabin was almost 300.00 for a 4 night cruise - I am going on a 7 night cruise in October, I did get a Cloud 9 interior cabin and even with that the difference between the interior and a balcony was several hundred. Would rather use the savings for excursions, alcohol, or souvenirs.... But this is all just in my opinion...

We like the price of an inside, therefore we book them all the time. I spend the extra money on pictures! LOL!

My brother actually likes them, not just for the cost, but because it is dark in the middle of the day and he can take a nap.

I do not like the fact that it is soooo dark in the morning, that you don't know it is morning.

This is why I like the PTs (Portholes). The cost of an inside but the light of an OV! :)

I have been in oceanview (twice), interior (once) and balcony (twice). I would happily revert to an interior if the location and price was right - DH however has become a balcony snob and refuses to sail without one ever again. :rolleyes:

Tell him that's okay, you're inviting the pool boy anyway!!! ;):D

+1

I would also rather take 2 cruises than 1 cruise. Actually I don't care one way or the other but my wife likes inside cabins because she has a difficult time sleeping with any light coming in the cabin. I figure if I need a view anytime day or night I can get a better one topside on the lido and be near the ice cream, pizza, or a cold drink within easy reach.

A bonus is that the most stable (least rocking motion) is an inside cabin on the lowest deck in the middle of the ship. If you are prone to a little "mal de mer" this might just be the cabin you are looking for.

Cheers!

I agree 100%

I prefer inside. I like how dark they get. Excellent for a great nights sleep and cheaper.

I was in a inside cabin last year on the Valor....spent half my cruise away because the room was so dark. I don't recommend it at all, I will never make the mistake again

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We always go with inside unless we get an upgrade. I prefer Inside to save money. We had a balcony once and didn't even use it more than an hour of a 5 day cruise.

We always book best deal.

I was in a inside cabin last year on the Valor....spent half my cruise away because the room was so dark. I don't recommend it at all, I will never make the mistake again

Funny the darkness is what I love about the insides. Good thing there are lots of different cabins for different people

Are inside cabins smaller than OV cabins?

Well you didn't say how many people or so I read, but I will say this about the portholes, if you look on line, you will see that it appears to be larger cabins up front, or every third cabin, and after I played investigator and snooped, they actually are larger. Average size is 185 square feet, but some cabins are larger than others. Hope the input helped.

We had balconies on our 1st 4 cruises. Had insides on the last 2. We started the inside rooms to save $$$. We like them.

If you do decide to go with an inside room, I'll give ou a great tip. When you go to bed, turn on the TV and put on the Mute. Tune the TV to the front of the ship webcam. We leave it on all night as it makes a good night light. In the morning, you can see how light it is outside and what is ahead of the ship. That way you can put on your robe and go look outside if you want to see the port.

We had balconies on our 1st 4 cruises. Had insides on the last 2. We started the inside rooms to save $$$. We like them.

If you do decide to go with an inside room, I'll give ou a great tip. When you go to bed, turn on the TV and put on the Mute. Tune the TV to the front of the ship webcam. We leave it on all night as it makes a good night light. In the morning, you can see how light it is outside and what is ahead of the ship. That way you can put on your robe and go look outside if you want to see the port.

Great idea!! We always book an inside room...I would rather spend the extra money on sight seeing...plus if I try a balcony I may not want to go back.. you don't miss what you don't know.lol. We have 4 of us in the cabin.. for those asking where the beds are the two twin beds on the bottom were pushed to one side to make a queen, then there was a bed that popped out from under one of the twins against the other wall, then a bunk that dropped down from the ceiling over that bed.. it was perfect for kids. Only complaint would be you never know what time of day it is so it is very easy to oversleep.... the plus of that is that the sleep is great!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Yes we can cruise more by doing insides, we dont spend alot of time in the cabin so why pay hundreds of $$$$ more.

We have booked insides, insides with French doors, insides with portholes, oceanviews, and balconies. We love to cruise so we book insides as we would rather cruise 2 or 3 times a year than once on a balcony. We just take our alarm clock or have a wake up call when we need to get up at a certain time. I sleep the best on a cruise ship. We usually cruise in the fall and winter from either Cape Liberty or Baltimore so a balcony can not be used for several days of the cruise until you get to warm weather. We just go to the solarium enjoy the water and the pool. Love to cruise in any cabin.

We usually cruise in the fall and winter from ... Baltimore so a balcony can not be used for several days of the cruise until you get to warm weather.

We also only (mostly) cruise in the fall, but I've found on most of our cruises that the balcony can be used the 2nd day out.

Archived