Do you like an inside cabin?

clinthi

We had balconies on our 1st 4 cruises. Had insides on the last 2. We started the inside rooms to save $$$. We like them.

If you do decide to go with an inside room, I'll give ou a great tip. When you go to bed, turn on the TV and put on the Mute. Tune the TV to the front of the ship webcam. We leave it on all night as it makes a good night light. In the morning, you can see how light it is outside and what is ahead of the ship. That way you can put on your robe and go look outside if you want to see the port.

I had to open my door & ask someone if we docked...you have no idea what's going on when your in an inside cabin...I wouldn't recommend it

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Shimmy86, The quote above should take care of your need to know as well as for those who want a little light during the night while they are sleeping. It is the creative ways like this to sove concerns that allow some of us to cruise more often and get more value for our dollar.

When cruising I wear my "cruise watch" with additional time zones and light so I can read the time in the dark. In that way I know what time in the morning it is so I won't disturb my sleeping wife and I can get up for my morning cup of tea and then bring back a hot cup of coffee for my wife. Yes I could order room service but it's the little things I do for her that count. Nothing like a little morning delight! ;)

Cheers!

I will never book an inside again. Unlike many people I slept terribly because of the lack of natural light.

I used the trick with the TV set to the forward camera and that did not help at all. Still woke up all night long every night because there was no natural light to regulate my body clock.

Not all people are as sensitive to this issue though. :)

I LOVE my inside cabins, as they're cool, quiet, and dark. I can nap in the afternoon, then "BOOGIE" the night away. I can take all that extra cash I saved, and spend it on any damn thing I want, including my next cruise, in another fantastic inside cabin. ;)

"SKY"

I wouldn't say I "like" them more than ocean view or balcony rooms, but I don't mind them either. I've booked interior rooms when I want to keep the cost down (either to squeeze an extra cruise in or because that specific ship/itinerary cost is high). When I select my room it typically dependent upon the cost difference between categories & whether it's worth it for me to upgrade to a nicer room. That being said, when cost is not an issue, I always go for the aft-balcony room.

We are fine with inside cabins. Low inside cabins midship are best for sleeping and motion. We like them so much that we decline "free upgrades" to inside cabins on higher decks.

Balconies are nice, but often too pricey. If it is just the two of us, we will spring for one if the price and itinerary are right. Porthole cabins are usually on lower decks and sometimes DW feels "too close" to the water when looking out the window, so they're not very useful for us. We did like the upgrade to the obstructed view french door cabins on the Spirit class ships. They were a couple of decks higher than the standard OV cabins.

When we travel with our daughters, we get two inside cabins. It doesn't cost any more than a balcony with two additional passengers and the privacy, extra space, and extra bathroom are priceless.

I like inside cabins. My husband wakes up with the sun so that way I get to sleep in a bit :). I normally get up at 4:30 a.m. for work so sleeping in until 7 is heavenly! I have had an ocean view a couple of times but personally for the money would always book an inside. If the price of a balcony comes down we do that because it gives you a quiet place to sit outside. But only if the price is right :)

I guess I would have to say that I prefer inside rooms. Right now it means the difference between getting to cruise twice a year and once a year. We have been taking our two kids with us and that extra money for four people really adds up!

Also, my husband really enjoys the dark room and good sleep. I don't mind either way. Inside or OV or balcony, I will go anywhere!

The cabins are for SLEEPING and changing what tou wear. So why do you need a lot of light?

Your cabin might be for sleeping and changing clothes but not mine.

I like my time away from the crowds.

I like ordering room service coffee and sitting out on my balcony watching the sun rise without having to get dressed so I can go out in public. (No I am not one of those that will walk around out on deck in my bathrobe!)

I like going out on my balcony just before going to bed to watch the stars.

I like having a room with a view in case there is a day when I'm not feeling well.

And so many more reasons. For us the extra money for our balcony is very much worth it.

So to each his own!

I have found that the price of an ocean view cabin and an inside cabin are very close. Less than $100 total difference for three passengers on an eight day cruise.

We have never had a problem with the morning sun coming into an ocean view or balcony cabin. The curtains cover the windows very well.

We like to be able to see the ocean from our cabin.

If you do decide to go with an inside room, I'll give ou a great tip. When you go to bed, turn on the TV and put on the Mute. Tune the TV to the front of the ship webcam. We leave it on all night as it makes a good night light. In the morning, you can see how light it is outside and what is ahead of the ship.

This is a really, really good suggestion. I'll have my first inside (usually look for a good price on an OV) on Liberty, and I'll be sure to take your advice!

We have had OV's on our first two cruises and then went inside on our last two. We didn't have a preference. But we have only sailed Fantasy class ships and the Celebration.

One thing I will say is the inside cabins on the Upper deck on the Fantasy class across from the suites midship were our favorite. Being turned sideways makes them feel roomier.

We are trying our first balcony this September on the Triumph. Looking forward to the experience.

Archived