FOS back balcony, have you had this?

Just booked our Freedom trip for next year. We decided to purchase a Jr Suite and the agent mentioned there was a room at the back of the ship available. She said our balcony would be more "panoramic". I've seen some photos some of you have posted and I'm fine with the location. Just curious if any of you have ever had one of these balconies and your opinions versus the regular jr suites with side balconies on either side of the ship. This is our first time cruising in one of these rooms at the back end of the ship....I'd imagine it is a bit of a walk everywhere but that is fine by us. Just would like to hear your reviews of the room/balcony! Thanks!

Cabin - You will love it

Balcony - You will love it

View - You will love it

Walk - You will HATE it BUT it will be worth it for the cain, balcony, and view!!! ;)

Seriously, you will either love it or hate it. Make your judgement after you go. What is the worse possible situation, you get tired of the walk but thank yourself so you don't gain weight because of it? :)

TIm

Great.... How bad is it? Can I see the water? I am fine having something in front of me for protection from falling but the descriptions sound like I can't even see the water?! Will we get any sun? If anyone has a photo, please share. I'm wondering if it is too late to see what else is available back there. My agent said the view wasn't obstructed, ugh!

If you like looking over steel bars like a construction zone for your view of the ocean you will love that cabin.

Yes you will see structure but for us, after about 5 minutes, all we see is ocean. I do understand why some may not like it though.

Tim

Great.... How bad is it? Can I see the water? I am fine having something in front of me for protection from falling but the descriptions sound like I can't even see the water?! Will we get any sun? If anyone has a photo, please share. I'm wondering if it is too late to see what else is available back there. My agent said the view wasn't obstructed, ugh!

Yes, you can see the water, the cabin is just set back.

This link is for Voyager class ships but look at the deck 7 JS pictures, they will give you an idea of what we are talking about.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_7-JS/gallery.html

It is really personal preference and we prefer corner afts because they have less obstruction.

Just booked our Freedom trip for next year. We decided to purchase a Jr Suite and the agent mentioned there was a room at the back of the ship available. She said our balcony would be more "panoramic". I've seen some photos some of you have posted and I'm fine with the location. Just curious if any of you have ever had one of these balconies and your opinions versus the regular jr suites with side balconies on either side of the ship. This is our first time cruising in one of these rooms at the back end of the ship....I'd imagine it is a bit of a walk everywhere but that is fine by us. Just would like to hear your reviews of the room/balcony! Thanks!

Make sure you look at a deck plan to know exactly where the cabin in question is. Not sure if you are quoting the agent directly, but "at the back of the ship" could mean a true aft facing cabin or it could mean one just toward the back of the ship.

Make sure you look at a deck plan to know exactly where the cabin in question is. Not sure if you are quoting the agent directly, but "at the back of the ship" could mean a true aft facing cabin or it could mean one just toward the back of the ship.

VERY GOOD POINT!!!

Tim

I love the AFT cabins, but avoid deck 6. 7 is okay, but higher is better. One thing to add is that the aft JSs are slightly smaller than the side JSs by 18-24 inches. The biggest place you will notice it is in the closet. It's not really a walkin. At the narrowest end there is barely room for the hangers. At the larger end there are a few shelves, but a little difficult to get to. You also will not have the extra window where the chair usually is, but that's not a big deal. The obstruction is there, but after a little bit you barely notice it. The bigger balcony and awesome view more than makes up for it. Enjoy:)

OP - You've chosen a beautiful ship for your first ever cruise...you will love the Freedom! An aft (back:)) JS will be a special treat, as long as you don't mind a little walking.

Yes, there is some structural obstructions but only if you pay attention to them. If you try to look directly down at the water, your view will be blocked, but look out a bit farther and you'll have a great view of the ship's wake and the open sea beyond.

I know it sounds cliche', but any cabin on the Freedom is a great one! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited to add: I read through some of your previous posts and noted you'll be traveling with two small children. If I were cruising with children that age, I would welcome all that superstructure as a means of keeping them safe!

I have photos but they are not on a site for posting. I will be happy to send them to you if you will provide your email address.

Freedom's sister Liberty deck 7 aft JS view - honestly you don't notice the superstructure after a few days and the GIGANTIC balcony trumps the obstructed view

a6a6y9up.jpg

In Falmouth

u4ejagy7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just use the search feature, a ton of pics of aft cabins on the boards from the freedom class. Start by entering the #7708 and you will get lots of threads with pics

Archived