On the Victory right now

so did u not like victory?

I am watching the webcam, waiting for sail away! I will be on victory in 10 days!

Here you are - Just a small piece of my letter of complaint - Cut/copy/paste

together with some observations

For the record, I state my case and vent my feelings, in reply to your comments of an "initial lapse"

I resent being served pubic hairs in my Breakfast

I resent when bringing the pubic hairs problem to the attention of the ship, to be told "it happens from time to time on Carnival"

I resent being verbally abused by Guests, with the use of foul language being witnessed by a member of staff who took no action.

I resent my Wife being verbally abused by Guests, with the use of foul language being witness by a member of staff who took no action

I resent hot Cigar ash being flicked onto my Balcony causing burns to clothing - no action taken - told by staff that guests are allowed to smoke on a balcony

I resent Guests using my balcony as a rubbish bin - Told by staff the wind caught it when was thrown overboard

I resent being told by staff to order my food now and eat quickly as they had somewhere to go, and when I complained was then served cold food as a hot main - Guest relations took no action

I resent having my personal space invaded by a Maitre D

I resent Ship's staff raising an arm towards me physically blocking my path on attempting to enter the dining room stating it was closed. I went to the toilet. To then be called a liar. Only my Wife leaving her seat in the dining room to attend the fracas was I allowed entry - No apology - No action by Guest Relations

Spitting contests from a next door balcony

Next door Party Party at 02.30 hours - complained - stopped and then started again when staff left - complained again - denied - Started again - denied - Other guests complained - again denied.

We went for a swim in pool - Loungers stolen - possessions on floor.

Q jumping - Challenged on behalf of Q - Verbal abuse received

The list goes on and on!!

Sorry I disappeared after posting. Internet service was very spotty at best. We are back in Florida and will head home to NC tomorrow, so it will be a few days still before I can write a real review. But for a small taste...

Victory is indeed looking a bit worn. She needs a refurb sooner rather than later. It is evident that the crew is doing a lot of patching spots instead of actually fixing problems. I'll detail more of that later! Some of the crew members seemed a bit tired as well (not all, by any means. We had some FANTASTIC interactions as well...will tell more later). Despite it all, we were very comfortable and felt safe.

The Lido lines were pretty tough to manage on days at sea. At chef's table, the chef made it clear that the layout of this ship is not conducive to easy service at the buffet. With a little planning and teamwork, we were able to do okay most days.

Platinum benefits are awesome. Just sayin'

Going b2b is also awesome...especially if the city of Miami plans a huge celebratory parade essentially paralyzing the city at prime unloading and loading time.

Didn't go to a single show (sorry!), so I'm not going to be able to tell you much about them. I'll explain why later :)

We enjoyed every port we visited, and the itineraries were good. We cruise for the ports more than for the ship, and we are the type to make the best of every port, even those that others turn their noses up at or that we have visited numerous times. This cruise was not as adventure-packed as our last (if you've read my Legend review from last year).

I think that's it for now! I'll start uploading pictures soon so I can put together a lengthy full review!

Hi,

Looking forward to reading your full review. I leave in about a week for my cruise on the Victory! I am a bit concerned about what you said about it being worn - but not surprised! I am more concerned about the tired crew members. And curious as to why you missed all the shows... :)

I was thinking about booking Chet's table- can't wait to read about that!!

Caro

Here you are - Just a small piece of my letter of complaint - Cut/copy/paste

together with some observations

For the record, I state my case and vent my feelings, in reply to your comments of an "initial lapse"

I resent being served pubic hairs in my Breakfast

I resent when bringing the pubic hairs problem to the attention of the ship, to be told "it happens from time to time on Carnival"

I resent being verbally abused by Guests, with the use of foul language being witnessed by a member of staff who took no action.

I resent my Wife being verbally abused by Guests, with the use of foul language being witness by a member of staff who took no action

I resent hot Cigar ash being flicked onto my Balcony causing burns to clothing - no action taken - told by staff that guests are allowed to smoke on a balcony

I resent Guests using my balcony as a rubbish bin - Told by staff the wind caught it when was thrown overboard

I resent being told by staff to order my food now and eat quickly as they had somewhere to go, and when I complained was then served cold food as a hot main - Guest relations took no action

I resent having my personal space invaded by a Maitre D

I resent Ship's staff raising an arm towards me physically blocking my path on attempting to enter the dining room stating it was closed. I went to the toilet. To then be called a liar. Only my Wife leaving her seat in the dining room to attend the fracas was I allowed entry - No apology - No action by Guest Relations

Spitting contests from a next door balcony

Next door Party Party at 02.30 hours - complained - stopped and then started again when staff left - complained again - denied - Started again - denied - Other guests complained - again denied.

We went for a swim in pool - Loungers stolen - possessions on floor.

Q jumping - Challenged on behalf of Q - Verbal abuse received

The list goes on and on!!

My last 3 cruises have been on the Victory and I find your allegations to be extraordinary! We had no problems and found the staff to be very attentive

and accommodating. I'm not saying that issues don't occur but you're either the unluckiest man in the world or the common denominator of the issues.

Best of luck with whomever you cruise with next.

Sitting on my balcony' date=' looking at Miami, waiting for the crowd to disembark and some family members to join me for the second leg of my back-to-back. Life is good today :)

I just returned from the 4 day to Key West and Cozumel and will write a review soon, but if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer...[/quote']

We were on the same two cruises as you! Hope you had as fantastic of a time as we did :)!

Awaiting the reviews and pictures . My husband and I just booked our B2B cruises on the Victory sailing August 1 and then August 5th from Miami. We will celebrate our 27th anniversary in Key West and our Platinum level with Carnival! Very excited. Coming full circle with the Victory. Have not been on her since 2001, when we first sailed on her as our very first cruise. Now we are coming back to do our first B2B on her. We just sailed the Breeze at Easter, and loved her. We expect some wear and tear, but it is where our love for cruising began, and we felt it was meant to be that we get our Platinum and celebrate an anniversary on her as well. The itineraries worked out for us, and we are excited about doing these as a couple and without the kids! The youngest age 15 loved the Breeze, and now that's all he wants! The eldest now 19, is working and unable to travel. Both of them have traveled to so many places via cruises and have a wealth of knowledge. We have always enjoyed our family vacations with Carnival, and have always had the best of times, and made so many memories. We are looking forward to meeting you aboard and making more memories!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got back from sailing on The Victory. I haven't posted a review yet, but I can answer any questions you may have. I had a great time!!!

I'm not great at posting photos but the one I attached is from HMC :)

Caro

image.jpg.ba016a30709774ba4f52abad0a22214a.jpg

Archived