Booking a Labadee Cabana

spabsie

Noticed back on Page 2 of this thread, someone commented about the upgraded buffet and that shrimp skewers were cooked alongside hamburgers, steaks etc. Were they all on the same grill? I ask because I have a life-threatening shellfish allergy and am concerned about cross contamination.

Noticed back on Page 2 of this thread, someone commented about the upgraded buffet and that shrimp skewers were cooked alongside hamburgers, steaks etc. Were they all on the same grill? I ask because I have a life-threatening shellfish allergy and am concerned about cross contamination.

You should be. Because they share the utensiles, be sure to carry your epi pen. Go back on board for lunch to be safe.

• 2 months later...

so here we are 40 days out and I am just doing excursions...needless to say much is booked up. I was so into the planning and then life took over and I had to put it away...anyway!

Does any have an email address to write to inquire about the Nellie's cabanas? I understand from reading threads that they are probably booked and nicely asking on board might be my only option!

Also, do they have them at the third beach...columbus?? Sorry can't remember the name of the one after barefoot and nellie's...

Also, if I don't get one...any tips on securing a good spot...I haven't cruised before so do I rush off the boat early...there is so much information out here it's scary...there's so many boats in port, there are so many ppl on each boat, etc :-)

TIA!!

so here we are 40 days out and I am just doing excursions...needless to say much is booked up. I was so into the planning and then life took over and I had to put it away...anyway!

Does any have an email address to write to inquire about the Nellie's cabanas? I understand from reading threads that they are probably booked and nicely asking on board might be my only option!

Also, do they have them at the third beach...columbus?? Sorry can't remember the name of the one after barefoot and nellie's...

Also, if I don't get one...any tips on securing a good spot...I haven't cruised before so do I rush off the boat early...there is so much information out here it's scary...there's so many boats in port, there are so many ppl on each boat, etc :-)

TIA!!

I think that unless you are in a suite, no cabanas are available now. Our cruise is in Jan and we booked the cabana the day RC listed it months ago. We have had a cabana previously on a celebrity ship. when we got onboard we were given a few options of cabanas. This is our first cabana on RC so I do not know the protocol. If a guest changes his/her mind you might be lucky enough to get a cabana on board.

If you want an umbrella and good spot, yes rush off early. We like Nellies Beach the best.

Enjoy your cruise

Can anyone tell me approximately how far one must walk into the water on barefoot beach to get to the overwater cabanas? I know this probably changes with water levels and such but I would really like to get an overwater cabana for my mom and I. She can't swim. Guess it would just be better to get a beachside on right?

From the Royal website:

Overwater Cabanas

These cabanas are in a premium location above the sea with direct access to the water and beach.

Note: These cabanas are not wheelchair accessible, and guests will need to walk in the water and up the stairs to get to the cabana.

Not sure of where to email but I think there is an Excursion Desk number to call, it might be on the website.

Edited by janeyzee

• 2 months later...

Great information on the cabanas. We'll be in Labadee on Freedom the beginning of Feb. I booked an OTW several months ago because I figured it would make a great home base for the days activity. There are 4 of us DH, DS & DDIL and me. I rarely spend much time on land as I just don't care to spend the entire day in the sun this cabana will be perfect.

d

If you are staying in a Suite, you can e-mail the Concierge prior to the cruise and he/she will reserve a cabana for you....we have done this twice now with much success...and on the first evening you introduce yourself to the Concierge and he will tell you exactly which Cabana you were assigned to, you confirm it and your sea pass account will be charged.

I have witnessed people requesting cabanas on the that first evening and were told the desirable ones were all taken.

Nellies beach,,,you can reserve one through the website excursions with no problem, very early.....as soon as excursions are available for booking. It is first come first serve as to exactly which one you will be assigned....least that is what I have been told...we have been to barefoot Beach 3 times now, 4th time coming up....

We are booked in a GS and have no idea how to contact the Concierge, is there a trick to this?

We are booked in a GS and have no idea how to contact the Concierge, is there a trick to this?

Each ship has an email for their concierges - you use the 2 letter code for your ship (EX for Explorer, etc) then underscore then Concierge @ rccl.com - for Allure and Oasis you need 01 or 02 after the word Concierge. For my November 2013 cruise on Allure I used AL_Concierge01 @ rccl dot com or you can use 02 @ rccl dot com

I emailed them about 30 days out and they got back to me with a message that they'd help me a week before the cruise, which they did.

Hope that helps.

Each ship has an email for their concierges - you use the 2 letter code for your ship (EX for Explorer, etc) then underscore then Concierge @ rccl.com - for Allure and Oasis you need 01 or 02 after the word Concierge. For my November 2013 cruise on Allure I used AL_Concierge01 @ rccl dot com or you can use 02 @ rccl dot com

I emailed them about 30 days out and they got back to me with a message that they'd help me a week before the cruise, which they did.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much - very helpful

• 4 weeks later...

From excursion ZL88

Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant

Btw the website for booking does say 6 bottles included per cabana...they probably only put out enough to cover the registered guests, im sure you could ask for more though.

From excursion ZL88

Btw the website for booking does say 6 bottles included per cabana...they probably only put out enough to cover the registered guests, im sure you could ask for more though.

If you have a drink package, your butler can bring you soft drinks and or alcholic beverages in addition to water.

• 11 months later...

There have been posts on this site that they run the same in price as the regular cabanas . Latest word on renting cabanas is that they have to be rented once you board the ship at the Excursion Desk unless you are in a suite, then your concierge will contact you about two weeks before the cruise to see if you want a cabana.

just typed "Cabanas on Labadee" into the "search this forum" space. About 12 postings down in the list there is one that says "Adrenaline beach labadee". Click on that one and there is a posting from "Balcony4Us" that tells about those cabanas from their December, 2014 cruise. I have not figured out how to attach a file to this thread yet. Otherwise, I would have done it that way. Good luck.