Booking a Labadee Cabana

spabsie

There is a lot of shade on Labadee. The area has lots of trees. All you have to do is pull a couple of loungers under the shade of the tree, sit back and relax. The beach areas close to the water are in full sun. Sitting in the shade of the trees, you can still get wonderful views of the water.

If you stay on the beach, without a cabana, you may not be able to rent an umbrella if they are all sold out. They do have some shade trees, but not near the water.

I would highly recommend you call and rent a cabana- if they are available. We had one on Nellies beach and you have the beach in front of you- so you can enjoy the view, as well as the view of the ship. Your butler will also set a chair up for you on the sand if you desire to use it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

There is a lot of shade on Labadee. The area has lots of trees. All you have to do is pull a couple of loungers under the shade of the tree, sit back and relax. The beach areas close to the water are in full sun. Sitting in the shade of the trees, you can still get wonderful views of the water.

Oh, this is what I wanted to hear!! I need shade, shade, shade! ( like that TV commercial where the little girl wants more, more, more LOL)

Anybody able to post pics of shade areas?

Maybe I don't need to spend $$$ to rent a cabana? Maybe we can splurge on massages in the spa!

Just curious why you like Barefoot over Nellie's? I have some ideas but would like to know your reasoning. Also, did you cancel the Nellie's resevation beforehand or once you were onboard?

Anyone else that has been to both Nellie's and Barefoot please let us know the pros and cons of each.

Thanks!

We were booked in a GS and would have been able to get one on Barefoot Beach but since they are popular & the Independence was also going to be in port the same day I booked a Nellie's one when I saw them available online.

Closer to the cruise I emailed the concierge to get a Barefoot Beach one. I did wait til we got onboard to cancel cause when I booked the original cabana the credit card I used got compromised & I had to get another one issued - the Excursions Desk told me to cancel they would have had to try & put the credit back onto the original card (they couldn't take the correct info:() and when it bounced back they would have issued a check - they advised me it would take weeks to get this back - probably wouldn't get it prior to the cruise.

They advised me the other alternative was to wait to get onboard & then cancel the Nellies and take it as an onboard credit which we ended up doing.

Pat

Actually if you are in a suite(we were in a GS) you can email your concierge prior to the cruise and ask to reserve one- they will get back to you confirming that. For our cruise this past March I emailed about 2 weeks or more prior to the cruise & got one reserved.

Pat

How do you email the concierge? I was told they'd contact me about 2 weeks out, no one ever told me of an email or phone number direct to the concierge.

when I booked the original cabana the credit card I used got compromised & I had to get another one issued - the Excursions Desk told me to cancel they would have had to try & put the credit back onto the original card (they couldn't take the correct info:() and when it bounced back they would have issued a check - they advised me it would take weeks to get this back - probably wouldn't get it prior to the cruise.

They advised me the other alternative was to wait to get onboard & then cancel the Nellies and take it as an onboard credit which we ended up doing.

Pat

Wow, thanks for that info. I've done the same thing, booked a Nellie's Cabana and hope to switch but just like you, the CC was compromised and now I have a different one. I think I'm OK with OBC though, it'll help defray the costs of whatever else I can't live without while cruising!

Wow, thanks for that info. I've done the same thing, booked a Nellie's Cabana and hope to switch but just like you, the CC was compromised and now I have a different one. I think I'm OK with OBC though, it'll help defray the costs of whatever else I can't live without while cruising!

We opted for the OBC to use for the tips that were added to our account each day.

Pat

We are booked for March 2015. I was able to book a OTW cabana for our date. I was surprised the excursions (excursions only) were available SOOOO FAR in advance (587 days).

We had a cabana for March 2013 and loved it. I know they sell out fast so was glad that I could book one now.

I am posting this to correct above poster stating no fans in the cabanas. Cabana's at Barefoot Beach DO Have FANS! We just had OW7 Feb 2013. Here is a pic, you can see 2 blades of the fan. We didn't have it on as we didn't need it. We had a party of 8, 6 adults and 2 kids. I emailed the concierge months before our cruise to request and reserve OW7. My DH and I were in a GS the rest of our group was not. I received email permission from the concierge for a party of 8, printed and had that with us in case of a problem, but it was not even questioned. The 2 Evian bottles of water are very large. You also get snorkel equipment & floating mats (as many as you need or want for your party). You also have a cabana attendant that will bring you drinks and take your trash after lunch. We chose to enjoy our lunch in our cabana.

2zftz53.jpg

Cabana's are great, we had a OTW twice...we will be there again in 3 weeks.

we decided to NOT get a cabana this time, because....

Keep in mind, that a Cabana cost $$...and because of that you feel as though you need to stay there the whole day to get your money's worth...which IS a good thing....don't get me wrong...

But the last 2 times there we did not get to see everything on Labadee...we did not want to pay that money, only to leave.....

This year we are not getting a Cabana. We will get lounge chairs, near the water and in the shade (barefoot beach)...will swim, snorkel, use the mats, etc, then after the buffet lunch we will be able to wander off and explore the rest of the area, including the zip line, dragon coaster, may book the jet skis, etc...just saying.

Can anyone tell me approximately how far one must walk into the water on barefoot beach to get to the overwater cabanas? I know this probably changes with water levels and such but I would really like to get an overwater cabana for my mom and I. She can't swim. Guess it would just be better to get a beachside on right?

Can anyone tell me approximately how far one must walk into the water on barefoot beach to get to the overwater cabanas? I know this probably changes with water levels and such but I would really like to get an overwater cabana for my mom and I. She can't swim. Guess it would just be better to get a beachside on right?

I'm sure someone can correct me if I am wrong but....The access to the OTW cabanas is from the beach. You don't actually get in the water to get to the cabanas. The cabanas just hang over the water. I think some have ladders/steps to get in the water from the cabana but I think the actual entrance to the cabana is from the sand.

Access to the cabanas are from the back - behind them. It's a nice sand path. Cabanas also have access to the water from the front or side of the cabana through a ladder or steps, but that is only to get to the water to swim/wade.

No worries, the cabanas are very accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to book a cabana and put DH and my name in and the charge was 225.00 pp or 450.00 so I did not go any further. I had thought it was one charge per cabana.

What if I put in another reservation of 2 would they have charged me 900.00?

Can someone explain the booking process to me?

Also how far is the restrooms from the Over The Water cabanas at Nellie’s?

Thanks so much..

Laura

I went to book a cabana and put DH and my name in and the charge was 225.00 pp or 450.00 so I did not go any further. I had thought it was one charge per cabana.

Thanks so much..

Laura

Go back and book it and only use one name....

Thanks so much..

Laura

It is per Cabana .You only need to reserve one cabana, in one guests name. Up to six people can share. On board you will be contacted with your cabana assignment and you give the name(s) of your cabana mates.