Booking a Labadee Cabana

spabsie

Just booked an OTW for Jan 14. We are not in a suite. Originally booked a beach cabana, but after looking at all the pictures posted of the OTWs, I just changed the reservation. Thanks to all who take the time to post pictures, I'm already glad I switched. Much more privacy and a much better view it appears.

Only 6 more months of waiting.

Chris

Just booked an OTW for Jan 14. We are not in a suite. Originally booked a beach cabana, but after looking at all the pictures posted of the OTWs, I just changed the reservation. Thanks to all who take the time to post pictures, I'm already glad I switched. Much more privacy and a much better view it appears.

Only 6 more months of waiting.

Chris

Perhaps we will have a cabana near you. My DH and Brother and sister in law are all set also!:D

Edited by Cruise a holic

I *just* booked ours for our Jan 2015 cruise! I saw it as available, so I snagged it! didnt think they would be showing this far out!

Great to know! We love the Cabana's and whenever we go to Labadee with RC or Celebrity try to book one.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are going Dec 13 and I went to check it out and it doesn't show a booked option, it says inquire onboard, does that mean it's sold out? Thank you!

Possibly. We booked ours for December at least 4 or 5 months ago. You should keep checking, especially as final payment approaches in September.

If one doesn't become available for booking online, you should visit the shore excursions desk soon after boarding. :D:):D

Also make sure you are only selecting ONE person in your party when making the reservation online. I have read here that it makes a difference. Don't worry about the rest of your group being allowed in - the reservation is good for up to 6 people. All you care about online is getting the reservation made and making the payment. So choosing just yourself, for example, may allow that to happen without confusing the system (thinking multiple cabanas, or whatever part of this causes it to have a seizure.) Of course, they may truly all be reserved, but this is worth a shot... Good luck! :)

We just booked a beach cabana at Nellie's beach for our June 7, 2014 Oasis cruise. They had all 3 types of Nellie's cabanas available, but sense we have little kids we wanted to be as close to the beach as possible.

I happened to be on the phone with RC about something separate and I ask them if there was a map of the Nellie's beach cabanas. They told me I'd need to wait until I was on the ship to book a cabana. I told them, "no you don't, it's right here under shore excursion and they're available to book." She sounded stunned and told me they must have just changed it this week. We love RC, but it is very upsetting that they do not always know their own product.

Also, I've searched this board and I'm having trouble finding good pictures of the 'beach' cabanas at Nellie's beach. Any help?

James

Call them We have booked via phone even when the website shows none available.

When you say call them are you referring to Crown and Anchor or a different number. I just spoke with a C&A agent a few minutes ago and he said I can only book it once on board. Since we will be in JS we will not have the concierge service so will not be getting a an email back even though I sent them one. I realize now that I probably waited too long to decide to do this as my sail date is about a month away.

Thanks for any insights.

We actually had a Nellie's OTW beach cabana reserved for our past cruise and when we contacted the concierge and confirmed that we had a Barefoot Beach cabana we cancelled the Nellie's. For our 4/2015 Quantum cruise we already reserved an OTW one on Nellies - will try for a Barefoot one when we contact the concierge - but that is so far away:D

Pat

Just curious why you like Barefoot over Nellie's? I have some ideas but would like to know your reasoning. Also, did you cancel the Nellie's resevation beforehand or once you were onboard?

Anyone else that has been to both Nellie's and Barefoot please let us know the pros and cons of each.

Thanks!

Just curious why you like Barefoot over Nellie's? I have some ideas but would like to know your reasoning. Also, did you cancel the Nellie's resevation beforehand or once you were onboard?

Anyone else that has been to both Nellie's and Barefoot please let us know the pros and cons of each.

Thanks!

I can't answer....because in all these cruises, we have never stopped at Labadee before. We're only in a JS, so I didn't wish to wait and inquire with the concierge if there were any leftover from suite guests. We just reserved a cabana at Nellie's.

From what I understand though (from reading) Nellie's Beach cabana guests will be served lunch at the Barefoot Beach buffet. :D:):D

So we will see in December.

I can't answer....because in all these cruises, we have never stopped at Labadee before. We're only in a JS, so I didn't wish to wait and inquire with the concierge if there were any leftover from suite guests. We just reserved a cabana at Nellie's.

From what I understand though (from reading) Nellie's Beach cabana guests will be served lunch at the Barefoot Beach buffet. :D:):D

So we will see in December.

I just re-read the description and see that Nellies will have an "upgraded" buffet, but it would be interesting to know if that means you will have lunch at Barefoot Beach.

I will check it out in August for you if we don't get a positive answer before.

Edited by MR NW GUY

Thanks!

Never been to Nellies, have seen it, but have been to Barefoot twice now, with the 3rd coming up.

Barefoot beach is reserved for suite guests only, where as Nellies is open to everyone...Barefoot is much less crowded, much less.

Barefoot Beach is immaculate - pristine in appearance.

When you check into Barefoot Beach, getting your bracelet, an attendant will then show yo to your cabana or set up beach chairs for you...he will be sure you have towels, battled water and ice...he will get you your mats, snorkel gear, etc..all of which is no charge for Barefoot beach members. The attendant will always be checking on you to see if there is anything else you may need throughout the day...a tip is expected of course, but earned.

The buffet for lunch is upscale, with steak and shrimp skewers cooked on the grill along with burgers, etc. I understand people with cabanas on Nellies may come over and use the same buffet.

Bottom line though, I like the fact it is a very clean and beautiful place, exclusive and private, and never crowded....

I should mention I have always been there being the only ship in port, and never on something as large as the Oasis....things could be different then and not so serene...

I just re-read the description and see that Nellies will have an "upgraded" buffet, but it would be interesting to know if that means you will have lunch at Barefoot Beach.

I will check it out in August for you if we don't get a positive answer before.

B52 kind of answered, but to make it a bit clearer, yes those with cabanas on Nellie's will go to Barefoot for the lunch buffet. Your cabana attendant will let you know when it is time and walk you over to the buffet.

B52 kind of answered, but to make it a bit clearer, yes those with cabanas on Nellie's will go to Barefoot for the lunch buffet. Your cabana attendant will let you know when it is time and walk you over to the buffet.

We had a Nellies Beach Cabana- the Cabana's are all the same- A straw hut like structure with a porch. You have two nice lounge chairs, and a small wicker couch. You also have a cooler with water. In addition, you have a beach butler who gets you towels. Our butler would also get us drinks and set up two lounge chairs, towels and gave us two beach noodles to use in the water. The location was a short walk to the restrooms and bars. At lunch time, the butler drove us via a golf cart like vehicle to Barefoot beach- just a few hundred yards so you really can walk! You go inside a gate for a barbecue. I believe the area is called barefoot beach. The driver will also take you back to your cabana. I do not have pictures that would give you a good idea of the location and facility.

We loved the beach location. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks to everyone for the info! Is Nellie's Beach (entrance into water) as rocky as Barefoot's entry into water?

We have been to Barefoot Beach in past and do not recall it as real rocky water entry - but we may have had water shoes on. Nellie's has the reputation of being a very sandy, easy entry - but I cannot recall being at Nellie's myself. I would think that they would be trying to make entry at Barefoot less rocky if it has been difficult for guests there - so maybe they have improved it since you were last there. You should suggest to RC that they put a driving range in at Labadee.

Thanks to everyone for the info! Is Nellie's Beach (entrance into water) as rocky as Barefoot's entry into water?

I don't recall Barefoot Beach being rocky, but the first 3-5 feet onto the water was was crushed coral that can hurt your feet....I did wear water shoes some of the time just because of that...other times I used the float mat to walk on for those few steps.

I don't recall Barefoot Beach being rocky, but the first 3-5 feet onto the water was was crushed coral that can hurt your feet....I did wear water shoes some of the time just because of that...other times I used the float mat to walk on for those few steps.

Hadn't tought of using the mat. Good idea.

The entrance into the water at Nellies is all soft powder sand. I had watershoes but really did not need them. The bottom is great all the way out. Never did Barefoot Beach so I can compare.

Thanks so much?

We have been to Barefoot Beach in past and do not recall it as real rocky water entry - but we may have had water shoes on. Nellie's has the reputation of being a very sandy, easy entry - but I cannot recall being at Nellie's myself. I would think that they would be trying to make entry at Barefoot less rocky if it has been difficult for guests there - so maybe they have improved it since you were last there. You should suggest to RC that they put a driving range in at Labadee.

We were there in April. Barefoot was very rocky. Lol....yes a driving range would be great! Lol

We are going in September and neither of us do well in the sun. Does anyone know if there is a lot of shade on Labadee or if booking a cabana is the only way to guarantee shade? There are only 2 of us, so booking a cabana almost seems a waste.

There is a lot of shade on Labadee. The area has lots of trees. All you have to do is pull a couple of loungers under the shade of the tree, sit back and relax. The beach areas close to the water are in full sun. Sitting in the shade of the trees, you can still get wonderful views of the water.