Dream Cruise June 8-15

billys5764

One thing I always notice about cruise pictures......the HUGE smiles! Love your pictures. Can't wait till November to get more smiling pictures of my hubby and myself. :)

I HATE seeing gloomy and sour faces on a cruise. I never understand how they can be that way.

Great review, thanks for sharing!!! My question is about Mr. Sanchos. Do you know or remember how many ships were in port that day with the Dream? I'm trying to figure out what the breaking point for how crowded it can get. Your pictures look like it was a very calm day that day.

Thanks for the great review!!!

I'm pretty sure we were the only ship in port that day. Check the Mr. Sanchos' website. I want to say they have a limit of 150 people. But I could be wrong!

We sail on the Dream on July 6, and your review is making me look even more forward to it! Can't believe Shane is the Maitre D' we have had him as our Maitre D' on other Carnival ships. "Helllooooo!"

We had him on the Conquest - he is terrific!

I think this is the best review I have ever read of a cruise vacation. I knew it would be when you said you are a musician. I'm a retired horn player and love cruising with my DW, DS and DGS. We usually cruise out of Galveston or NOLA and now that the Dream will be home-ported in New Orleans, that will be our next cruise. PS - did you by any chance get involved in any of the hold-em tournaments?

I think this is the best review I have ever read of a cruise vacation. I knew it would be when you said you are a musician. I'm a retired horn player and love cruising with my DW, DS and DGS. We usually cruise out of Galveston or NOLA and now that the Dream will be home-ported in New Orleans, that will be our next cruise. PS - did you by any chance get involved in any of the hold-em tournaments?

Hi Dave,

Thanks! Horn players never retire! Did you play for a living or just for fun?

PS - I only play blackjack.

Thanks for the great review of the Dream! It was thoroughly enjoyable, and I'm glad we aren't the only ones with luggage that multiplies the longer it is carried around.

We will be heading in your direction immediately after the cruise. Our daughter will be a sophomore at Elon, and has to return early for RA training. Unfortunately, this means that her "back to college across the country" luggage will be in our tiny stateroom! :eek:

Thanks for the great review of the Dream! It was thoroughly enjoyable, and I'm glad we aren't the only ones with luggage that multiplies the longer it is carried around.

We will be heading in your direction immediately after the cruise. Our daughter will be a sophomore at Elon, and has to return early for RA training. Unfortunately, this means that her "back to college across the country" luggage will be in our tiny stateroom! :eek:

Have a great time. Tell your daughter to look me up (Dr. Summers, Music Dept.). If she needs an expressions credit, I'm teaching two great classes in January and the spring. In January, I'm teaching "Music and Propaganda," and in the spring "Music in Film." Both of those classes fill up quickly!

Have a great time. Tell your daughter to look me up (Dr. Summers, Music Dept.). If she needs an expressions credit, I'm teaching two great classes in January and the spring. In January, I'm teaching "Music and Propaganda," and in the spring "Music in Film." Both of those classes fill up quickly!

Would you believe my daughter was looking EXACTLY for a January expressions class???? Plus---she is extremely interested in the use of music in propaganda.

Thanks for the suggestion, and you'll know her when you meet her---how many other 19 year old Shirley's have you ever met??? :D

Great review, Billy. Thanks for sharing! We were on the sailing a week before you, going to the Eastern side (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten).

Did you get a chance to try the pizza bar on board? DW and I really wanted to try it, but everytime we went there, it seemed like the line was 20 people deep, and we just didn't have the patience to wait. Deli line was always much quicker. And we really loved the Taste Bar.

Would you believe my daughter was looking EXACTLY for a January expressions class???? Plus---she is extremely interested in the use of music in propaganda.

Thanks for the suggestion, and you'll know her when you meet her---how many other 19 year old Shirley's have you ever met??? :D

That's great! I hope she can get in. I'll look for a "Shirley."

Great review, Billy. Thanks for sharing! We were on the sailing a week before you, going to the Eastern side (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten).

Did you get a chance to try the pizza bar on board? DW and I really wanted to try it, but everytime we went there, it seemed like the line was 20 people deep, and we just didn't have the patience to wait. Deli line was always much quicker. And we really loved the Taste Bar.

I did not try the pizza. DS ate there regularly and said it was better than last year on the Valor.

Headed on the Dream August 2013...without the kids. Last year on the Liberty, we cruised exactly the way you did and it REALLY made for an enjoyable, relaxing vacation.

I loved that you people watched...we love doing that too!\\

Great Review!

I had forgotten about the Pasta Bar. I know you have to give them your name and they call you up to the bar. (Isn't that right?)

Yes, they give you a menu card for you to pick what you want, then bring it to your table.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Headed on the Dream August 2013...without the kids. Last year on the Liberty, we cruised exactly the way you did and it REALLY made for an enjoyable, relaxing vacation.

I loved that you people watched...we love doing that too!\\

Great Review!

People watching is fun and very inexpensive!

Day 3 Part 3

Still at Mr. Sanchos

They have a pool. It is not too big. But, it has a swim-up bar with stools and tables and stools in the pool. You don't have to get out to get a drink. Who came up with this idea? They should win some type of award!

Hi and thanks for the review. I was wondering if you could help me with a question about Mr Sanchos. You showed a picture of the pool and stated that you were in the AI area. Was there a different pool located in the non-AI area or pay-as-you-go area? Thanks for the info.

Hi and thanks for the review. I was wondering if you could help me with a question about Mr Sanchos. You showed a picture of the pool and stated that you were in the AI area. Was there a different pool located in the non-AI area or pay-as-you-go area? Thanks for the info.

I don't think there was a difference in the areas. We got arm bands that showed we were AI. I think everyone could use the same areas. If you were not AI then you had to pay for each drink and food item.

It was well worth the 40 some bucks per person we paid. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your great review. We're planning our first cruise next year and this, for some reason, was really informative for me. My husband is a vocal musician and we've discussed whether we would be disappointed in the entertainment or if we're just being snobs! And ice-cream is a food group in our family, so it's convenient that it is also a good foil for seasickness. (I laughed out loud.)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You'll have a great time! I try not to be snobby about the music. I have many former students that work or have worked on cruise ships. I think it is mostly that I hear it everyday for a living and it's nice to have a break from it!

Can you PLEASE explain why the number of bags/suitcases keeps going up (lol). I was cracking up so hard each time I would see the number go up. I thought maybe you guys had done a side trip of shopping, but that was really cute.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you PLEASE explain why the number of bags/suitcases keeps going up (lol). I was cracking up so hard each time I would see the number go up. I thought maybe you guys had done a side trip of shopping, but that was really cute.

HA!

It was because everytime I had to schlep them it seemed the number grew. We had one suitcase just of shoes!

• 2 months later...
Be careful about buying vanilla in Mexico. You can get the bad stuff. Never buy clear vanilla, it is not real -- at least the vanilla in Mexico.

Just a correction here, both clear and colored vanillas are available in Mexico and both are excellent depending on the use. We purchase ours from a store in Puerto Vallarta and many chefs do the same.

Thanks for the review!

Edited by blue_water

When I seen that date, I thought why is he posting a review when the date isn't even here yet, as we are going on the Dream same date but from NO. Really enjoyed your review and the information you gave of some of the excursions have been really helpful even thou we aren't going to all the same ports..

Loved the increase in suitcases each time and I can understand why they would go up..

Thank you again for a refreshing review, it seems we don't get many of them.

Enjoy your cruise this year.:)