Carnival Elation

We are looking at taking the cruise out of New Orleans to Cozmel on the Elation and I am looking for some input on the ship. We have only cruised once before and that was several years ago on a RCL ship and we really enjoyed it, however, we were hoping this time around to find one of the ships with the wave surfer, mini golf, rock wall, and water slides but I am not seeming to find anything like that. So I am getting pretty bummed. Could you tell me if Elation has anything of the like?

And what your experience with the ship and cruise to Cozmel were like?

Thanks in advanced :)

Only RCL newer ships, Freedom class and Oasis class which only do 7 day cruises will have the surfer area. Freedom has one area, and Oasis class has two (and costs a bunch of $$$).

Only RCL has rock walls, so if these are what you want you are looking at the wrong cruiseline.

Carnival does have water parks with great slides that RCL does not have. Its known for its water parks.

Carnival Magic out of Galveston also has a rope course if you want a little bit more.

Elation is a nice ship but of course its older, but its a pretty ship and it does have a slide but no water park.

We just returned from a cruise on the Elation. There is a water slide and mini golf. Also had basketball at the back of the ship. We loved the Serenity Deck (Adults only) but if you are wanting rock climbing walls and other frills, you probably need to cruise on a newer ship. We had a great time on the Elation and would cruise again on her if the opportunity arises!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was on the elation in November. New Orleans is amazing, cozumel is breathtaking and the Elation is nice for an older ship. Mini golf and water slide but none of the others. Although we loved the Serenity deck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Is your trip for the ship, or the ports?

Doing a 5 day with Progreso so you can visit the ancient Mayan ruins?

Or a 4 day trip just visiting Cozumel?

If the ship is your thing, then no, this older ship where the slide dumps you into the pool wouldnt be it. There are more slides on the remodeled Fascination out of Jacksonville, but no rock wall, or surf rider. We have enjoyed all our Carnival cruises, and still haven't gone down a water slide.:) But if you have little kids they do have the Carnival Camps that keep the kids busy all day long.

Cozumel is a very beautiful island, Carnival offers lots of excursions for the timid to the super adventureous. I would check out the Carnival excursion pages, and see if they are offering something you want to do. Then study. ask questions, get involved with the planning, but again if you are looking for constant motion options on the criuse itself, then this ship isn't it.:o

As has been stated...

Elation is an older ship and dont have all the upgraded bells and whistles like a water park.

I do however love the water slide and ride it every cruise now!!!:D

Only thing that I can add that will not be in any pictures is that when under power she has developed a bit of vibration. Its not so bad as to make you sick or rattle a drink, BUT there none the less.

We have done the 4 day to Coz and had a great time. Just back off the Elation 5 day to Progresso and Coz.

If you are looking for an updated ship with all the bells and whistles you may want to consider the Conquest (7day) or a different port. If you are just looking for a get away and a good time... Elation is fun and has some great staff on board.

I will be on Elation in 2 days! :D

Sailed her last summer and LOVED it. You will love it, too.

Take good care of her Melissastar because I'm boarding her when you get back! :D

We sailed on the Elation last November for our first cruise. While I suppose we have nothing to compare it to, we loved it.

Sniffles - Is this the same sniffles and her sis that sat with us in Progresso on the beach at Buddys last November? If so, HEY!

We are going again this year in September with the kids! It's an old ship, but a pretty one. We are totally looking forward to the next cruise. And New Orleans is a wonderful place to visit!!

Archived