Past guest rate disappeared

Biffer1997

In doing my daily price drop check, I noticed that the past guest rate for my April 2014 has disappeared :( anyone noticed this or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I double checked that I had it selected as a special rate option to check. Hope it comes back!

In doing my daily price drop check, I noticed that the past guest rate for my April 2014 has disappeared :( anyone noticed this or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I double checked that I had it selected as a special rate option to check. Hope it comes back!
Is this the link you're using as I wasn't sure what category you were looking for? Good luck! http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

The PG rate is showing in fare viewer.

image.jpg.bf3dd1e132652aafe91d0d619f606d07.jpg

I did some prices for random other cruises and only found a few that offered a Friends and Family past guest rate:confused:...oh we'll, hope it eventually comes back..I guess I have plenty of time! Will warn my parents friend who might book to go with us to wait to see if it comes back

I agree that the rates are weird. Apparently some rates only show for certain states. I've been watching rates for us in GA and friends in KY. For us i price matched the ES rate to a Sail from FL rate, but that rate is not available to our friends in KY.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On some cruises, the Early Saver has been replaced by the Fall and Winter Sale. that is the case for our Breeze cruise in Feb.

Speaking of the Fall and Winter sale does anyone no when it's over, i was thinking of changing from OV to a Balcony

Speaking of the Fall and Winter sale does anyone no when it's over, i was thinking of changing from OV to a Balcony

i think it ends tonight unless they extend it:

FALL & WINTER SAVINGS

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Savings up to $125 per person up to a maximum of $250 per stateroom on select 3-5 day sailings and up to $200 per person up to a maximum of $400 per stateroom on select 6 day and greater sailings. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Cruise Fare does not include government taxes and fees. Government taxes and fees range from $37.06 to $319.82, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 9/1/13 – 2/28/14. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between 6/17/13 – 6/30/13. Please request rate code PD1. If the sailing is within final payment, it does not qualify for reduced deposits; for these sailings please request rate code PD2. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

FALL & WINTER SAVINGS - PAST GUESTS

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Savings up to $125 per person up to a maximum of $250 per stateroom on select 3-5 day sailings and up to $200 per person up to a maximum of $400 per stateroom on select 6 day and greater sailings. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include government taxes and fees. Government taxes and fees range from $37.06 to $319.82, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Offer is valid only for past guests with an official past guest number. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 9/1/13 – 2/28/14. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between 6/17/13 – 6/30/13. Please request rate code DD1. If the sailing is within final payment, it does not qualify for reduced deposits; for these sailings please request rate code DD2. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

HOLIDAY BONUS OFFER

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Savings up to $185 per person up to a maximum of $370 per stateroom on select 3-5 day sailings and up to $300 per person up to a maximum of $600 per stateroom on select 6 day and greater sailings. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include government taxes and fees. Government taxes and fees range from $37.06 to $319.82, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 12/19/13 – 1/3/14. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between 6/17/13 – 6/30/13. Please request rate code PD3. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

HOLIDAY BONUS OFFER - PAST GUESTS

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Savings up to $185 per person up to a maximum of $370 per stateroom on select 3-5 day sailings and up to $300 per person up to a maximum of $600 per stateroom on select 6 day and greater sailings. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Cruise Fare does not include government taxes and fees. Government taxes and fees range from $37.06 to $319.82, and are assessed on a per guest basis and according to the itinerary. Offer is valid only for past guests with an official past guest number. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Upgrades are automatically assigned at the time of booking and are based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Carnival reserves the right to assess a change fee according to the date of the request, the length of the cruise, and the actual cruise sail date. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings between 12/19/13 – 1/3/14. Valid on new bookings only. Must book between 6/17/13 – 6/30/13. Please request rate code DD3. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas, Panama & Malta.

Me too, it was listed under "Fall and Winter Sale - Past Guests", now it has changed.

I check my rates several times a day and yes when you try to do a mock booking past guest/ Fall/Winter Sale it does not appear as a rate to choose, even though you have every thing showing your VIP # and clicking on the Past Guest tab. When you fo to the Fare view site is is there and actually is showing a price drop for us. I figure it is another computer glitch and show be fixed later today.

Agreed that Carnival is getting carried away with all of these different price structures. Too many options that gets:confused: confusing..

I agree with you completely. I purchased a cruise and got a Military rate for February, 2014. Later the Military rate disappeared and was replaced by other designations. A month or two later, the Military rate reappeared during a special sales event. Now I am looking for the Military rate for February, 2015. There are none but based on my 2014 cruise, that doesn't mean any thing and they might or might not appear again.

To further complicate matters, I purchased my 2014 cruise while on a cruise and got a $100 OBC. Later, the Military rate dropped $340 during the sale. I applied for the sales price reduction but lost my $100 OBC which was replaced with a $50 sales OBC. The result was a $290 net gain for me. Are you dizzy from that? Now if that isn't confusing what would be!

Bear in mind I am not complaining and have 16 Carnival cruises on my records with my 2014 cruise being number 17. So I guess you could say I am a Carnival fan but you got to be very careful with the pricing issues. I check pricing weekly and try to consider all aspects but it is a challenge.

I know this a silly question, but how do I access the Fare Viewer?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

I was booked under Fall & Winter Sale Past Guest, but checked this morning and that had disappeared. I was able to change over to Resident Rate (for Illinois) and got a $40 price drop. Had to pay the other half of my deposit, but would have to pay it eventually anyway. Pays to keep checking those prices. :)

I'm not sure about these past guest rates. This year, we were shopping/debating a Dream cruise our friends were going on. I would get a PAST GUEST SALE!!! email and click it and check that cruise rate. My husband didnt, he just pulled up the ship and the date through the Carnival site without necessarily logging in. His 'non past guest rate' was always less than mine! I never ended up booking it through one of those sales. They were never really sales, they were MORE for a past guest for the same category and same cruise. :mad:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my family has cruised carnival so I'm not familiar with their pricing structure. My wife and I are taking our daughters and their husbands on a cruise with us in January. I booked cabins using the past guest fare. From what I'm reading here that was a mistake. I looked today on the carnival site and saw that the categories we booked have lower fares. When I used the fare check link it was the same as what we have now. I don't know why. Since we booked PG does that mean we have no recourse?

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my family has cruised carnival so I'm not familiar with their pricing structure. My wife and I are taking our daughters and their husbands on a cruise with us in January. I booked cabins using the past guest fare. From what I'm reading here that was a mistake. I looked today on the carnival site and saw that the categories we booked have lower fares. When I used the fare check link it was the same as what we have now. I don't know why. Since we booked PG does that mean we have no recourse?

You can call and switch to Early Saver if that fare is still avaiable and lower than what you've booked, I did that before.

Archived