Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Thank you all so much --- your pep talks have me excited again. Just wish I had been wiser about booking cruise and looking for deals for solo passengers. I always say "We live to learn or we lear to live" -- haven't got that decided as yet.

Honestly, you all make me feel so much better!:)

Hi all! Just booked my first solo cruise! To Alaska, of all places! I've wanted to go since I was 9 years old, and just can't keep waiting for someone to be able to go with! I'll be 32 next month, so I think I'm ready to travel by myself!

My friends think I've officially crossed into Crazytown, but that doesn't bother me at all! I'm hoping in the 235 days to go, there will be some other solo cruisers, or friendly people to enjoy the sights with!

Hi all! Just booked my first solo cruise! To Alaska, of all places! I've wanted to go since I was 9 years old, and just can't keep waiting for someone to be able to go with! I'll be 32 next month, so I think I'm ready to travel by myself!

My friends think I've officially crossed into Crazytown, but that doesn't bother me at all! I'm hoping in the 235 days to go, there will be some other solo cruisers, or friendly people to enjoy the sights with!

Yay! Congratulations! My first solo cruise was last year to Alaska. I hope you have as much of a blast as I did. DEFINITELY get onto your roll call before you go. I made my decision to go just two months before the cruise but even in that short of a time I wound up with train seat mates and excursion mates from folks I met here on CC. And once on the ship, a group of us from CC changed our dining tables so we could eat together each night.

And Crazytown? I know exactly what you're talking about. I got daily phone calls or texts most of the trip from my mother and two best friends. "Are you okay?" "Are you warm enough?" "Are you being careful?" ... Ummm, 42 years old here, peeps, and have been traveling solo on business trips for years. I think I got this. lol!

Ever since that trip, I have been trying to figure out how I can squeeze another week in Alaska solo into my vacation schedule. I hope you come home feeling the same way!

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yay! Congratulations! My first solo cruise was last year to Alaska. I hope you have as much of a blast as I did. DEFINITELY get onto your roll call before you go. I made my decision to go just two months before the cruise but even in that short of a time I wound up with train seat mates and excursion mates from folks I met here on CC. And once on the ship, a group of us from CC changed our dining tables so we could eat together each night.

And Crazytown? I know exactly what you're talking about. I got daily phone calls or texts most of the trip from my mother and two best friends. "Are you okay?" "Are you warm enough?" "Are you being careful?" ... Ummm, 42 years old here, peeps, and have been traveling solo on business trips for years. I think I got this. lol!

Ever since that trip, I have been trying to figure out how I can squeeze another week in Alaska solo into my vacation schedule. I hope you come home feeling the same way!

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much! I feel a lot better! I'm glad to see you had a lot of fun, even though you were by yourself! I think the time is what you make it, so here's hoping I can make it a great time! Love the idea of finding people to do the shore excursions with as well! :)

Alaskajuneauviewtowngtv_zps823bd9d1.jpg

See?!? Now that's just wrong! I have over 200 days to wait until I can see that up close and personal!!! But that is also enough motivation that I need to know I made the right decision! :) Thank you! :)

Hi everybody,

My name is Ian, I am from Truro in Cornwall England. My wife is not interested in cruising so I always travel solo.

My next cruise is November 10th on the MSC Preziosa from Italy to Brazil. A 60th birthday present to myself, and thanks to 0% single supplement I will be in a balcony cabin for the first time.

Glad you decided to pull the trigger and go on the cruise. I echo the sentiment of most folks on here going solo is not a bad thing. you get to do what you want when you want and you don't have to worry about dampening someone else's vacation. I hope you enjoy yourself on that cruise. I am looking to do alaska sometime in 2015 as I just booked my second solo cruise for 2014 and my budget and my taste only allow me to do this once a year. Again, make the most of it and enjoy yourself.

Alaska is wonderful! It is beautiful and the people are all so wonderful.

As many others have said, Solo is great. Its your vacation, your way and you can be with others or do your own thing.

Sometimes traveling solo I do the group excursions based on location, but Alaska I am content walking around by myself exploring and some adventures that I booked online.

I have taken about 6 cruises solo, then this summer went with Family. Love my family but it was the constant trying to please all with who what when and where.

I just booked Panama Canal - Solo - Nov 12, 2013 ! I am very excited

I booked with RCCL and they did have a good solo rate.

Each and everyone, enjoy each day. See the beauty the world has to offer.

Jeanette

Greetings from South Africa. I will take my 1st solo cruise on the Norwegian Epic 16-22 Nov 2013. I have been on 15 prevoius cruises (Indian Ocean, Med and Caribbean). Hope to meet lots of other solos and learn about their countries, culture etc.

Hi everyone! I will take my first "real" cruise (before, I have only been using ferries several times, from Germany to Scandinavia/Russia or Great Britain - I loved being at sea every single moment, though) on the Norwegian Epic, Transatlantic, Miami to BCN 27th April 2014. To celebrate taking the german bar exam in february 2014, I will afterwards fly to New York and travel solo towards Miami in little episodes from there - and then take a "vacation" from the exhausting travelling on the way "home" to Europe aboard the Epic :)

Looking forwards soooo much! I have booked a little Studio cabin (unfortunately, it's the 12514 that people here seem to avoid, because it is supposed to be noisy - but as I usually sleep like a friendly stone, I hope it will be just fine for me :))

...Looking forwards soooo much! I have booked a little Studio cabin (unfortunately, it's the 12514 that people here seem to avoid, because it is supposed to be noisy - but as I usually sleep like a friendly stone, I hope it will be just fine for me :))

Bon voyage! There are other cabins available, why not just call up and switch cabins?

Hi everyone! I will take my first "real" cruise (before, I have only been using ferries several times, from Germany to Scandinavia/Russia or Great Britain - I loved being at sea every single moment, though) on the Norwegian Epic, Transatlantic, Miami to BCN 27th April 2014. To celebrate taking the german bar exam in february 2014, I will afterwards fly to New York and travel solo towards Miami in little episodes from there - and then take a "vacation" from the exhausting travelling on the way "home" to Europe aboard the Epic :)

Looking forwards soooo much! I have booked a little Studio cabin (unfortunately, it's the 12514 that people here seem to avoid, because it is supposed to be noisy - but as I usually sleep like a friendly stone, I hope it will be just fine for me :))

Don't forget to join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40408611

Hi I'm Laurie and cruising solo in January 2014 on NCL pearl on the Country Cruise. I'm 49 and single and the cruise is an early 50th birthday gift to myself. I have taken solo land trips before and like the fact I can do what I like when I like. That being said, solo trips can be lonely especially eating out.

This will be my first cruise and figured since its a themed cruise it's already filled with people with a common interests. I'm excited but also nervous since I tend to be a shy person. Booked an inside cabin since it will force me to get out and mingle.

What a great thread. . .Hope more solo cruisers join it. This will be my first solo (DH doesn't like to cruise that much) Have joined my roll call, as you all on this thread suggested. Any other tips? I'm doing anytime dining as they always ask if you want to sit at a table with others, anyway. Can't wait!

Hi Everyone

48 year old male solo cruiser just popped on to say hi. Would be great to hear from other soloists on either oasis of the seas 7th dec or Norwegian epic 14th dec this year. I'm from the uk and first time travelling solo.

On my roll call, most have gotten upgraded. For this first solo cruise booked Inside due to higher cost. Any suggestions for me getting upgraded? I check RCL site and unfortunately booked with Travel Agent that is closed on weekends. Thanks for help.