Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I want to do that cruise. I would love to visit Bermuda and I could drive to the port.

I went to Bermuda in August for the first time. It was really nice:)

Hello, I just booked a 10 day southern Carib. on Holland America's Noordam for the middle of next month. Solo as usual, and looking forward to it as it has some new ports for me. Neil

Hi Neil, have fun:)

Hi Neil, have fun:)

Lois,

I think I will, the only port on this itinerary that I have been to is Aruba, so the others should be fun to explore. Plus there are enough sea days where I will get my reading and relaxing caught up again. A day at sea is always better than a day at work. Have you booked your next trip yet? I looked at some of the Celebrity cruises but I liked this itinerary better. I haven't tried Celebrity yet, but I know you enjoy them so I do want to give them a try if I can find the right itinerary. Neil

Lois,

I think I will, the only port on this itinerary that I have been to is Aruba, so the others should be fun to explore. Plus there are enough sea days where I will get my reading and relaxing caught up again. A day at sea is always better than a day at work. Have you booked your next trip yet? I looked at some of the Celebrity cruises but I liked this itinerary better. I haven't tried Celebrity yet, but I know you enjoy them so I do want to give them a try if I can find the right itinerary. Neil

Hi Neil, next cruise is in February for 8 nights with 2 new ports on it for me

as well:D......St Bart's and Grand Turk. Going on Celebrity Century:)

Hi Neil, next cruise is in February for 8 nights with 2 new ports on it for me

as well:D......St Bart's and Grand Turk. Going on Celebrity Century:)

Hi Lois, Grand Turk is one of the new ports on my upcoming trip too, along with the ABC's and Samana DR. I have been to the DR before but not to Samana. I did enjoy Aruba the last time but I am looking forward to Bonaire and Curacao on this trip. Hope you have a good time on your trip in February. Neil

Hi Lois, Grand Turk is one of the new ports on my upcoming trip too, along with the ABC's and Samana DR. I have been to the DR before but not to Samana. I did enjoy Aruba the last time but I am looking forward to Bonaire and Curacao on this trip. Hope you have a good time on your trip in February. Neil

Neil, I love Curacao:)......the buildings are all different colors...very

European looking.

Congratulations. I hope you find lots of nice people on your roll call as I did. I don't feel like I am traveling alone because of all the people I have met.

We'll I'm convinced I'm travelling along or just a few English speaking people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is my first trip as a solo. Have done single cruise back in 2007 with a singles oriented cruise company. Wasn't the best experience but it got me hooked on cruising

It has been 3 yrs since I have cruised and going very stir crazy.

Looking forward to Sun, Sand and Studio living

Hello Powriv I did my first solo on this past August on Breakaway, had a great time met some very nice people.

If you get a chance to so the solo lounge on Epic, meeting time is usually 5-6 p.m.

it was a great way to meet some of the fellow solo cruisers, whom I had the opportunity to chat with here on CC. Their is also the meet and mingle, sad to say our group wasn't very big.

In all it was a great first solo cruise looking into my next Solo for 2014.

Like you already miss it.

Margie

Yeah they have some great solo rates. I'm booked for the Sensation 10/31 and Imagination 11/29. My 1st solo was in August. I had a blast!:)

There are a few cruises i am contemplating mid-Oct. One is a 4-night out of Miami that goes to Key West and Cozumel. $149 plus taxes for an inside. Anyone else?

Taking my first solo cruise in December, 2013 since husband passed away. Sometimes I am happy and eager to go the next minute I think why did you book that cruise. Thanks for all your comments and hopefully I will have a great time and not feel lonely.:cool:

Hello again. Is anyone joining me on this cruise? I am following my roll call and signed up for meet and mingle. Mostly couples on this cruise and folks who have cruised together before. Feeling a little lonely with this group.

zelly2, I think only a tiny subset of cruisers will be here at CC, so you can't really tell what your shipmates will be like at the Serenade at such a small sample. Of course it would be ok to get to know people beforehand, but don't let it discourage you.

I'll be going solo also at the Liberty (16th Dec), for the first time, and that's what I'm saying to myself. :)

Agree. Take the initiative to join your roll call, introduce yourself as a solo traveler, attend the Meet & Greet, find dinner mates, and get to know people before your cruise, so no matter how the ship's on board solo gathering goes, you'll already have made some new friends. :)

Edited by kylenyc

Taking my first solo cruise in December, 2013 since husband passed away. Sometimes I am happy and eager to go the next minute I think why did you book that cruise. Thanks for all your comments and hopefully I will have a great time and not feel lonely.:cool:

Every trip I have been on the last 25 years, whether going solo or with others, I always have those conflicting emotions. I always go through an "I don't want to go" period. I know that is not what I really mean and would be crushed if I didn't go (some kind of a coping mechanism, maybe?). I snap right out of it the moment I step in the car to take me to the airport.:D

zelly2, I think only a tiny subset of cruisers will be here at CC, so you can't really tell what your shipmates will be like at the Serenade at such a small sample. Of course it would be ok to get to know people beforehand, but don't let it discourage you.

I'll be going solo also at the Liberty (16th Dec), for the first time, and that's what I'm saying to myself. :)

Do not worry :) most of the people on the cruise are very friendly , you are all on the same boat :)

I had these same thoughts last year before my first solo cruise. But I had such a blast. I broke out of shell when I felt like it-I had a highly entertaining bunch for dinner in the MDR, spent some time time in the nightclub (oh, my head in a Key West!), and had the quiet alone time I craved when I wanted it.

I did get a lot of "wow, I could never do that" in casual hot tub conversations when "this is my husband/wife/BF/GF/BFF" came and I cheerfully mentioned being solo, but not in a negative way. If I felt uncomfortable, my Kindle was there in the shade waiting for me.

Go, have a great time, be open to what's there and what you want out of your cruise, then enjoy it!

I leave for second solo on Saturday.

Edited by maxandmolly