Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi, My name is Carol. I'm in my 70's. I'm taking my first solo cruise Dec 1st on the Independence of the Seas. Been on many cruises with my late husband, but now I'm trying it on my own. Nervous but looking forward to it.

Hi, I am Lois, fit, energetic, 82! I have been om many cruises, and am looking for another woman to travel with. This Panama Canal cruise is my first choice.......anyone interested??!

hi

although a solo traveller, i'm very keen to try some of the speciality restaurants on the oasis of the seas. Any other solos tried the non main dining room restaurants and what's it like in them, being a solo?

i did five nights of my 7 day cruise on hal recently in specialty restaurants. I was always seated at a table for two and treated very well. The other two nights of my cruise i teamed up with two very nice ladies i met at solo meet and greets.

Hi, I'm Barbara.

First of all, thank you (42CruiseCrazy) for starting this thread.:)

This will be my 7th solo cruise on NCL. I like sailing solo because I like my freedom, but also there are times I do feel uncomfortable, especially eating dinner alone. Sometimes I can be brave and sometimes not.

I'm looking forward to the new solo experience on the new NCL Breakaway. The Breakaway has the solo cabins so there will be more solo cruisers onboard and solo activities that I can participate in.

I'm also Booked on:

14 day Caribbean NCL Dawn Repo. Cruise from Boston to New Orleans November 7-21, 2014.

12 day Caribbean Cruise NCL Breakaway January 4-16 2015 R/T NYC.

FYI**I don't mind sharing a cabin since I have stayed in hostels and have fond memories of my experiences. I just like to still have my freedom to steal away from time to time and share with someone who knows how to have fun on their own when our plans don't happen to match.**

Edited by Starrgazer50

Hi, I'm Mark. I'll be on the Norwegian Getaway, April 5, 2014, Eastern Caribbean out of Miami. I haven't found any other solos on this cruise yet. It's my sceond cruise, first solo, and only the 9th voyage of this new ship. I'm so excited!

HI all!

I'm Jo(-Anne) & a married senior who likes to cruise more than DH does. Just came back from solo cruises on Carnival Breeze & Allure of the Seas. Today I booked the NCL Dawn Nov 7/14 repositioning cruise. I've done 14 solo cruises of the 26 I've gone on.

~ Jo ~ :)

I am happy to be leaving on the Carnival Magic the day after tomorrow. This will be my 3rd solo cruise. I have a greater love of cruising and flexibility of time than anyone else I know, so I will go alone if find a great deal. This cruise is 7 days and was just $459 for an inside cabin before tax and gratuities! I could not pass it up when I found it two weeks ago.

The only awkwardness I feel cruising solo is at dining time. The first cruise, I had anytime dining. I went alone almost every night and the crew would say how sad it was that I dined alone. And the tables were so close that I had to listen to the conversations of the couples on both sides of me. :eek:

The second cruise, I stuck to the lido buffet because of the first experience. This time I am going to try late assigned dining to see how it goes. Hopefully, I will be seated with a friendly group of solo travelers!

This time I am going to try late assigned dining to see how it goes. Hopefully, I will be seated with a friendly group of solo travelers!

I have been solo on two cruises and had late dining each time. I was at a table with other solo's and enjoyed their company!

I am happy to be leaving on the Carnival Magic the day after tomorrow. This will be my 3rd solo cruise. I have a greater love of cruising and flexibility of time than anyone else I know, so I will go alone if find a great deal. This cruise is 7 days and was just $459 for an inside cabin before tax and gratuities! I could not pass it up when I found it two weeks ago.

The only awkwardness I feel cruising solo is at dining time. The first cruise, I had anytime dining. I went alone almost every night and the crew would say how sad it was that I dined alone. And the tables were so close that I had to listen to the conversations of the couples on both sides of me. :eek:

The second cruise, I stuck to the lido buffet because of the first experience. This time I am going to try late assigned dining to see how it goes. Hopefully, I will be seated with a friendly group of solo travelers!

Just got back from my 3rd solo cruise on the Carnival Conquest. All three times I have cruised solo, I have had late seating. Carnival usually tries to seat solos with other solos. The only time I was not seated with other solos was on my 2nd solo cruise. Was seated with a couple & their adult son. Still had a great time at dinner. Hope you have an awesome cruise on the Magic. Bon Voyage. :)

Hello,

This will be my first solo cruise. Any one on this voyage with me? I am looking for taking an excursion or some specialty dining. Would love to attend the Captains Table! Did that on the Epic this year...totally amazing! Any suggestions on meeting solo's on board?

Thank You,

RummbleStrip!