Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I just booked (yesterday) MSC Divina as a solo for Oct 11 (total $385) and Oct 18 (total $373) for a 7 night Caribbean cruise...I KNOW I will do Oct 11th, not sure about Oct 18th yet since I have done those ports...but hey, a b2b for a solo for under $800 is unheard of

I just booked a last minute cruise on the Carnival Fantasy for the end of Feb. 11 days and I will be enjoying sail away. Looking forward to getting away from the cold and also my job. My first solo cruise was a CTN(cruise to nowhere) for 2 days. Left on Friday back on Sunday. I really enjoyed the freedom of it. Now I am doing a 5 day.

I am usually kind of shy but I find cruise ships an easy place to meet people. Everyone is there for the same reason to relax and have fun. :D

I have made some great new friends on my past cruises. Looking forward to making more on this one.

Hey all!

I'm Caitlin and I'm 29 from Philly. I'm a semi-solo traveler. My best friend and her husband and baby are also traveling on this cruise, so I'm trying to get the best of both experiences on one trip. I'm really excited about the Studio cabins. It was definitely the thing that sealed the deal for me. If this semi-solo testing the waters goes well, I might just have to make a habit of it! :)

Our Roll Call isn't very active so I figured I'd see what's going on over here.

I'm finally getting out of the West coast and sailing the waters of the South Caribbean aboard the Carnival Sunshine on 4/6/2014 for 11 days. Carnival is running a zero single supplement promotion, and $569 for an inside cabin was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I guess that will just be the price when it comes to cruising solo.

It is what it is. But there are some ships that do have a single rate. Based on the type of cabin they provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm finally getting out of the West coast and sailing the waters of the South Caribbean aboard the Carnival Sunshine on 4/6/2014 for 11 days. Carnival is running a zero single supplement promotion, and $569 for an inside cabin was an offer I couldn't refuse.

How do you find these zero single supplement promotions?

http://www.carnival.com/Content/single-occupancy.aspx?icid=CC_singcd_1942

Or go to http://www.goccl.com and look to the lower right hand side for single occupancy offer it will direct you to a PDF link.

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

The link from the post before mine was what I used to locate my cruise and book it. In my case, it was an e-mail notification from Carnival that alerted me to this promotion. I had to scroll down the e-mail to find it because the title of the e-mail did not mention anything about single supplements, only that the sale was extended through Sunday.