Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Thanks to both of you. I'll have to try these suggestions and see whether I can find a good solo rate.

Just in case you or anyone has any interest, google 'singles interested in cruising on a budget meetup'. I post some good deals that I find including zero single supplements and it's becoming a good place to find a cabinmate to share those double occupancy rates. It is In Canadian dollars though.

Edited by scubagirl43
addition

• 2 weeks later...
I usually end up traveling alone, but I do not like the large ships. I have a Paul Gaugauin coming up in April. I have done a couple of river cruises also.

Having sailed the HAL Veendam to Hawaii last December, I can honestly say that I love cruising small ships too. They're easier to get around and I found it easier to get to know my fellow passengers and the ship's crew because I kept running into the same people throughout the cruise. One of the highlights of this cruise was that I shared a table with a group of the ship's musicians and a cover band that played Beach Boys music during late snack at the lido immediately after their show performance. Seems like small ships foster a more relaxed and friendlier atmosphere. Hope you have a wonderful cruise aboard the Paul Gauguin.

My first solo cruise will be on Windstar's Wind Surf, December 20, 2014, from St. Maarten. My gift to myself :D this year is a trip out of the country for the holidays...with no cell phone....where contact from crazy family is very difficult...and the vacation is warmer and active. I have read that Christmas is not the best time to avoid screaming families :eek:, but I want to go and I can step over or on children :rolleyes:, so I chose Windstar for the activities and overnights in port and probability of fewer children. I chose a deck close to water level in case some awesome animal swims up, which is what happened in Alaska. I'll take the risk of splashes on the window.

Tips and hints for an almost-40 solo on Windstar are appreciated. Looking forward to seeing fellow CC members on the trip!

I have taken solo vacations, but this will be my first solo cruise. I was on a family cruise last month on the Disney Dream. It was a great trip, but all I could think of since I got back home was how much more time I needed.

That's why I booked the Constellation. I need some time to kick back, read the books I brought along last month, and enjoy some good food.

I went on my first ever cruise a couple months ago and now I wonder why I waited so long. I went solo and met a number of great people, some from the cc roll call and meet and greet. My advice is to check the roll call for your itinerary and just simply to relax and have an awesome trip!

Ray

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

My first solo cruise will be on Windstar's Wind Surf, December 20, 2014, from St. Maarten. My gift to myself :D this year is a trip out of the country for the holidays...with no cell phone....where contact from crazy family is very difficult...and the vacation is warmer and active. I have read that Christmas is not the best time to avoid screaming families :eek:, but I want to go and I can step over or on children :rolleyes:, so I chose Windstar for the activities and overnights in port and probability of fewer children. I chose a deck close to water level in case some awesome animal swims up, which is what happened in Alaska. I'll take the risk of splashes on the window.

Tips and hints for an almost-40 solo on Windstar are appreciated. Looking forward to seeing fellow CC members on the trip!

My sister and bil have been on Windstar and LOVED it. They were on

European sailing. I have yet to sail them. I am older than you and my

sis is older than me;)...age doesn't matter to me but just making you

aware you may be one of the youngest on board.

Please post about your cruise when you get back:)....I am 55

btw..

Late 30's female from Arizona. :oHeaded for my first solo cruise on NCL Epic on 6/29. Going to try out one of those new studio rooms.. cant wait. You only live once.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Hello fellow cruisers!! Anyone else booked out of Tampa on the Legend (5-4-14)?? This will be my 3rd cruise in 7 months and I'm excited to get back on a smaller ship!! Who else is going?? Belize & Mahogany Bay are two of the few ports of call I have never been to...anyone know the 'must see/must do' excursions or hot spots?? Please SHARE!!

I'm doing my first solo cruise and vacation on Carnival Freedom May 18th. Any wisdom you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your upcoming 1st solo cruise. Welcome to your new addiction. First solo cruise was on the Carnival Triumph. Had a blast. Immediately booked solo cruise #2 when I got home. Going on solo cruise #4 in November. Once you cruise solo, it will be difficult to go back to cruising with others. Do what you want to do. There are many activities on board. Check your Fun Times which is delivered to your room & available at other places on board the ship. Carnival tries to seat solo cruisers with other solo cruiser at dinner. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Happy Cruising. :)

I'm doing my first solo cruise and vacation on Carnival Freedom May 18th. Any wisdom you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

I took the 5 night cruise on Freedom in November. Had a nice time. 5 nights was good for the first solo. My only advise is make sure you are seated a the right table for dinner. I should have been at a large table but they sat me with an older couple. As much as I enjoyed them, I missed out on the larger group which would have been fun. Didn't notice until one of the last nights. At that point I didn't want to move. And if you are not happy with your table on the first night, ask to be moved.