Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Booked this repo cruise in August. It's my first time going solo. Always wanted to go on a New England cruise so I choose this cruise because it is 12 days and I will pay 140% for an inside.

I'd love to know where you found your cruise. Did you purchase it from a website agency? Names are not allowed to be posted on these boards, so wondering if you could tell me by email: cindyhorizons@hotmail.ca

I know of one website (VTG) that I have used many times who sell discounted single supplements but I really do not like their customer service practices. Am desparately looking looking for another.

Anyone.... please feel free to mail me. I dont purchase my cruises on Canadian websites because I find US have better offers.

I'd love to know where you found your cruise. Did you purchase it from a website agency? Names are not allowed to be posted on these boards, so wondering if you could tell me by email: cindyhorizons@hotmail.ca

I know of one website (VTG) that I have used many times who sell discounted single supplements but I really do not like their customer service practices. Am desparately looking looking for another.

Anyone.... please feel free to mail me. I dont purchase my cruises on Canadian websites because I find US have better offers.

I also use VTG to find cruises, but I have never booked through them. I usually go to the website of whatever cruise I am looking at and price it out that way. I have a cruise agent I work with, so when I find what I want I give them a call and they book it for me. Some people book directly with the CL but I like to have an agent on my side in case a problem might arise.

Always wanted to do a New England cruise and grew tired of same old Caribbean ports. I felt that I wanted to pick some different destinations. Next on my list is a trans Atlantic. I checked all the cruise lines I was interested in and found this solo fare at 140%. I also check VAG site and found this fare on their solo deals. I had a bad experience with internet travel cruise sites so I book directly with cruise line. However, that said, I just checked today to see if the fare dropped on RCI and found that the solo fare on this cruise has jumped to 200%. If you are interested, you might want to wait to see if the solo fare goes down closer to final payment date.

Blimey, hope it's not tomorrow!!! TUesday and thank you !!:D

Ohhh....I was looking at the date wrong LOL.... Nov 5th.....that

is quite unusual to sail on a Tuesday! Have a great time anyway;):D:)

Hi

Although a solo traveller, I'm very keen to try some of the speciality restaurants on the Oasis of the Seas. Any other solos tried the non main dining room restaurants and what's it like in them, being a solo?

Edited by Kaks99

Hi

Although a solo traveller, I'm very keen to try some of the speciality restaurants on the Oasis of the Seas. Any other solos tried the non main dining room restaurants and what's it like in them, being a solo?

Wondering the same thing myself

Can't wait for this sailing! This will be my 4th time to the Bahamas and my 4th solo sailing. I got an absolutely amazing rate on an aft balcony and this sailing has 4 sea days, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time out there.

For those asking about solo dining in a speciality restaurant, I did it twice on my last cruise and it was fine. For Portofino, I got there early so I got a window seat away from the main action and my servers were really good and tried to keep me company as best as they could. In Chops, I had a later dining time so I was sitting right in the middle of the main floor. It was a little more awkward, but overall, I enjoyed my time in both and wouldn't let solo travel stop me from enjoying a speciality restaurant again.

I also tentatively have a solo booked for Oct 2014 to do the Southern Caribbean again on the Jewel, but I'm back and forth on that one. May decide to do something else and will investigate it further once this sailing passes.

Edited by Virtopia

That is the site I check...surprised initials went thru, and then I hook directly with cruise line. Interesting to hear about customer service. That site is what led me to a studio on the serenade of the seas prez week next yr...

Can't wait for this sailing! This will be my 4th time to the Bahamas and my 4th solo sailing. I got an absolutely amazing rate on an aft balcony and this sailing has 4 sea days, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time out there.

For those asking about solo dining in a speciality restaurant, I did it twice on my last cruise and it was fine. For Portofino, I got there early so I got a window seat away from the main action and my servers were really good and tried to keep me company as best as they could. In Chops, I had a later dining time so I was sitting right in the middle of the main floor. It was a little more awkward, but overall, I enjoyed my time in both and wouldn't let solo travel stop me from enjoying a speciality restaurant again.

I also tentatively have a solo booked for Oct 2014 to do the Southern Caribbean again on the Jewel, but I'm back and forth on that one. May decide to do something else and will investigate it further once this sailing passes.

I am also doing a solo sailing on the explorer of the seas but at a later date.. I hope you enjoy your cruise to the bahamas. never really been to the specialty restaurants. Maybe I will try it on my next cruise but usually after spending so much money on the cruise being a solo traveler I usually just stick to the regular stuff because I am usually pretty tapped after paying for my balcony room. I know the more prudent thing would be to just get an inside cabin but I spoiled myself on my first cruise and for some reason I cannot get myself to do anything less than a balcony.

I am so jealous that you were able to get on the quantum of the seas. I am looking to get on that ship at some point but I think I am going to have to wait until 2016 unless i see a really good rate somewhere. In any case enjoy your upcoming cruise...

That is the site I check...surprised initials went thru, and then I hook directly with cruise line. Interesting to hear about customer service. That site is what led me to a studio on the serenade of the seas prez week next yr...

Thanks everyone for your input.

My experience with booking directly with the cruiseline after seeing a good deal on a website agency is that the cruiseline doesnt always give the same price and perks.

Hi

Just booked the Serenade for November 29,2014. I booked one of the new studio cabins.

I had such a good time on the Grandeur that I couldn't wait to book my next cruise.

I went to the Meet & Mingle and I felt it was more old friends getting together than people mingling but that was ok. I did the My Time Dining and did most of the meals solo and was quite happy with it my waiters were awesome and took great care of me and most of the diners near me were pleasant enough to chat with.

Looking forward to sailing from NOLA have never been so will do a bit of touring there as well :)

Hi Coco, thanks for your note about the Grandeur. I worry about getting a table for numerous people, I much prefer to dine alone. I will sign up for a Meet and mingle for my cruise but will be aware that it might not quite be as I expect. Thanks for your comments

Though I am on another line I will be taking my second cruise but my first solo cruise in Jan 14.

solo Lady

Hi Solo Cruiser, I'm sailing solo on RCI in Dec. & have signed up for the Meet & Mingle. I'll let you know what my experience is as well. I'm okay with being by myself too, but open to meeting new people. My only concern is that the M & M might be groups of people that are already friends & that I will be an outsider. Hopefully, it will be fun & that's how I'm approaching it.