Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Carnival Fascination April 18, 2016

Just booked this repositioning as my first solo cruise - got a good deal and just couldn't pass it up. A bit nervous, but mostly just about dinner in the MDR. I have bad visions of me at a big table where no one else shows up! I'm sure regardless of how that all plays out I'll have fun. Anyone else booked on this one? Just started a roll call thread since there wasn't one yet.

I've been seriously considering this cruise myself. On my past solo cruises Carnival has been great about sitting single travelers totether.

I've been seriously considering this cruise myself. On my past solo cruises Carnival has been great about sitting single travelers totether.

By all means book it and join me!

Everything I've read seems to indicate my fears are completely unfounded so I'm sure it will all be fine.

By all means book it and join me!

Everything I've read seems to indicate my fears are completely unfounded so I'm sure it will all be fine.

Yes, don't worry about dining, Carnival does that great for solo cruisers. Just pop into the dining room, after boarding to make sure they have you at a large table.

I have found that's the start of my social circle on the cruise, table mates would meet up and go to shows, piano bars or other evening activities.

I'm heading on ncl epic in February just wondering do they do anything special for solos?

The Epic, just like the Breakway class ships, has a studio lounge. Each evening before dinner there's a meeting in the studio lounge where solos can get together and arrange dinners and theater outings together. Make sure you attend, even if you're not staying in a studio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay solos who buys the drink package and would you recommend them

If you have more than five drinks a day it pays, otherwise not. I get the "Caps & Corks" package on NCL for beer & wine. It's $10 less per day at just $44.

Well I just booked another CCL cruise for Alaska Sept 8th on the Legend. I got an extended Balcony mid ship, between other cabin floors for $620 + I get 100 OBC. I just could not pass that up. Had I taken an inside it would have only been $100 with $100 OBC. This is their OH5 offers. I even got to pick my own cabin!

Wow all that gambling I did on my last cruise with them is really paying off for me!

Reassuring to see so many positive comments about solo cruising. I'm going on the celebrity Pacific coast tour on 4th September - seemed like a great idea when booking but I must confess to experiencing a bit of nervousness as it approaches. If there are any other solos out there on this trip let me know !

If you have more than five drinks a day it pays, otherwise not. I get the "Caps & Corks" package on NCL for beer & wine. It's $10 less per day at just $44.

I'm considering doing the same does that include water

Just booked the Disney Wonder for the May 1st Panama Canal sailing. First Disney cruise and this will be my first sailing longer than 7 days. I decided I wanted to sail through the canal and Disney had the best price for a solo cabin. Hoping Disney can keep me entertained for 14 days!

Hi all, just booked a solo cruise for august 29th 2015, NCL Gem from NY. No single supplement, great deal. Balcony is 1049 plus taxes and fees. Not too many solos my age on that sailing(checked my roll call), but hopefully there will be more.

Tori, my aug. 29 cruise will be my 2nd solo. I have also done 2 all inclusives solo. I found the cruise solo pretty easy. They had solo get togethers in the studio lounge (it was on BA, this will be GA) and people could sign up to dine and see shows togehter. i did one but honestly found being alone was great. also cruisers are very friendly and i met a few who invited me to dine with them and never had trouble finding people to talk to. as for being the only solo traveler on gem (whoever mentioned thta), don't worry you'll find you are definitely not the only one. Last cruise i went with someone but we met several solos who had never even heard of this site. It's a really freeing experience to be alone and be able to do what you want. i now prefer solo travelling! a lot of people are worried about meals. i went alone, sometimes with a book, sometimes not but never felt uncomfortable.

You must have travelled a lot with Ncl you are great for info !

Any good advice for a inexperienced solo traveller with Ncl??

Tori

I have only been on 2 NCL cruises (1 on BA and 1 on GA) Many on Carnival. NCL is much more so friendly because of the studio lounge. I preferred BA because the solos were more my age (40 - 60). On GA it was 65+

I have only been on 2 NCL cruises (1 on BA and 1 on GA) Many on Carnival. NCL is much more so friendly because of the studio lounge. I preferred BA because the solos were more my age (40 - 60). On GA it was 65+

What ba and ga sorry a wee bit dopey when it comes to abbreviation???? [emoji8]

Tori, my aug. 29 cruise will be my 2nd solo. I have also done 2 all inclusives solo. I found the cruise solo pretty easy. They had solo get togethers in the studio lounge (it was on BA, this will be GA) and people could sign up to dine and see shows togehter. i did one but honestly found being alone was great. also cruisers are very friendly and i met a few who invited me to dine with them and never had trouble finding people to talk to. as for being the only solo traveler on gem (whoever mentioned thta), don't worry you'll find you are definitely not the only one. Last cruise i went with someone but we met several solos who had never even heard of this site. It's a really freeing experience to be alone and be able to do what you want. i now prefer solo travelling! a lot of people are worried about meals. i went alone, sometimes with a book, sometimes not but never felt uncomfortable.

My first one was a ta to Brazil 17 days AI I made some really nice friends. But my second cruise I went with em and sort of missed out on mixing more . They seemed to be happy in there own bubble were I'm a bit of a chatterbox and love interacting. So this time I'm on my own and hope to mingle and also do MY OWN THING!! Major bonus when you are on your own!!! Thanks for the reassurance x