Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I was on Princess to Alaska this summer. There were two solo get togethers on the 7 day cruise, both which were led by cruise staff - one the first evening and the second one was on a sea day - solos met for afternoon tea together (Princess has an afternoon tea most days). I did not attend as on this cruise as I was traveling with a gal pal.

I was on NCL this past summer in Alaska. I really enjoyed it. I hope your trip was great as well. They had a solo get together everyday. I did not go at all the first week, but the second week it was really nice. We had 17 solos for our last night dinner.

Edited by 1jazzylady1

I'm booked on the Allure of the Seas, Nov. 6th-8th, Friday to Sunday. Mini cruise to Nassau and back. Nice weekend getaway. I live 2 1/2 hours from the port, so the short cruise is very affordable. Not planning on getting off of the ship. Have booked two shows (Mama Mia and Ocean Aria) and dining for both nights. Should be fun!

I'm booked on the Allure of the Seas, Nov. 6th-8th, Friday to Sunday. Mini cruise to Nassau and back. Nice weekend getaway. I live 2 1/2 hours from the port, so the short cruise is very affordable. Not planning on getting off of the ship. Have booked two shows (Mama Mia and Ocean Aria) and dining for both nights. Should be fun!

Awesome!!! I wish i could just take a long weekend and cruise just about anytime. Resident special & easily getting to port. Have a great time.

Hi, this is the first time I have posted on this thread although I have been cruising solo since 12/2012. I am a widower and will probably be a solo cruiser for the rest of my life. Oh well.

My next cruises are:

11/23/15 Carnival Paradise W. Caribbean

11/29/15 NCL Star W. Caribbean

01/18/16 Carnival Elation Mayan Peninsula

01/24/16 Carnival Dream Bahamas

05/05/16 Carnival Legend Hawaii

I'll be looking for other solo cruisers on each cruise.

Rick

Hi, this is the first time I have posted on this thread although I have been cruising solo since 12/2012. I am a widower and will probably be a solo cruiser for the rest of my life. Oh well.

My next cruises are:

11/23/15 Carnival Paradise W. Caribbean

11/29/15 NCL Star W. Caribbean

01/18/16 Carnival Elation Mayan Peninsula

01/24/16 Carnival Dream Bahamas

05/05/16 Carnival Legend Hawaii

I'll be looking for other solo cruisers on each cruise.

Rick

Rick , have you signed up for the NCL Star cruise roll call 11/29? They have a Meet and Mingle scheduled, mix of both families, couples and assorted others who seem to be friends traveling together. I am traveling solo myself.

I am trying to ascertain if the Solo Lounge attached to the Studio NCL cabins is a comfy place to sit and read a book for 1-2 hours. Sounds like people only meet there 5-6 pm and use a message board. With a January sailing I expect indoor spaces to lounge to be at a premium. Thanks

I am trying to ascertain if the Solo Lounge attached to the Studio NCL cabins is a comfy place to sit and read a book for 1-2 hours. Sounds like people only meet there 5-6 pm and use a message board. With a January sailing I expect indoor spaces to lounge to be at a premium. Thanks

Not really. No couches etc. it's good for sitting and having tea or coffee, but I wouldn't sit and read for hours there. Did that in bed, in the library, or out on the waterfront.

It is quiet there during the day but the furnishings are not that comfortable for lounging around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick , have you signed up for the NCL Star cruise roll call 11/29? They have a Meet and Mingle scheduled, mix of both families, couples and assorted others who seem to be friends traveling together. I am traveling solo myself.

I've signed up on the thread several months ago. The thread isn't that active but I will be more active as we get closer to sail time. Thanks for asking.

Rick

Hi All, I'm a solo cruiser who found herself with THREE cruise mates this time round. We all have separate rooms so that helps! We're traveling NCL Epic W. Med, 11/15. This cruise overlaps with the 11/11 and 11/18 sailings. Anyhow, we have one spot left on a private tour via Joe Banana Tours (highly rated on tripadvisor) for Florence and Pisa (11/19). NCL is charging an arm and a leg and if we get one more - our cost is 80 euro + museum entrance fee... so just a $200 savings! I love would to have a solo join us! And I admit, I'm a little jealous (booking travel with a group is stressful!) Click the link for details (Williams group)- https://italytoursharing.com/groups/details/545

Hoping to meet fun cruisers. Have never done a studio cabin or solo cruise before, though have done much solo travel. Looking forward to meeting some nice dining, drinking, beach, fun new friends.

The Breakaway is a fantastic ship for solo cruisers. I was on the ship in a studio cabin last Dec. and I'm doing it again this December 13th. (I will be getting on the ship a couple of days after you are finished your cruise). I was told that on every cruise there is a core group of solo cruisers who show up every evening for the Solo Cruisers Get Together in the studio lounge and participate in the group dinners, theater outings and go to the beach together. Seems like you will be one of them.

Bon voyage. Have a great cruise!!

No cruise critic solos on NCL Epic W. Med 11/15 sailing? Odd considering the cabin category is sold out.

Not to worry. The Epic has more solo cabins than any other ship. You will have lots of company. Cruise Critic is mostly Americans and Americans may be the minority on this sailing.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Hello fellow solo cruisers. I'll be sailing on Celebrity Equinox on January 2, 2016. This will be my third cruise but first solo. Any other solos on this sailing? I look forward to reading through all the great tips everyone has kindly posted. Is there a SOLO roll call for this particular cruise?

Not sure if I've popped in with the one, but I'll be doing my second solo, and my first cruise with Celebrity, on the Eclipse 12/13 sailing. Solo supplement is brutal on X and harder to book a guarantee with only 1 passenger, but I was wanting to try the line and NCL is changing their policies faster than I can keep track of.

Hello fellow solo cruisers. I'll be sailing on Celebrity Equinox on January 2, 2016. This will be my third cruise but first solo. Any other solos on this sailing? I look forward to reading through all the great tips everyone has kindly posted. Is there a SOLO roll call for this particular cruise?

Link for your Cruise;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127834

Edited by GeeDunk

Thanks GeeDunk. I'm subscribed to that one but so is my ex and his ex, who he's taking, along with the other ten people we originally booked with. Was looking for one specific to solo cruises for that particular cruise, within this forum. Do you know of one. Or how to start one (using the app)? I've been on Cruise Critic a while but haven't been very active. Thanks again!

Thanks GeeDunk. I'm subscribed to that one but so is my ex and his ex, who he's taking, along with the other ten people we originally booked with. Was looking for one specific to solo cruises for that particular cruise, within this forum. Do you know of one. Or how to start one (using the app)? I've been on Cruise Critic a while but haven't been very active. Thanks again!

There aren't enough solo cruisers who frequent this forum (or at least who post here) to make it likely that you would find others on your cruise by starting a roll call-like thread here. I think your best bet is to ask in the "main" roll call for the cruise if there are other solos, and if they announce themselves you could maybe start keeping a list of all the solos and possibly plan a solo meeting if you get enough interest.

You can certainly try here but you are unlikely to get much, if any, response. :(

The purpose of this roll call is to allow solo cruisers to announce what cruise they are going on in the future. If very lucky, there may be someone on this thread taking the same cruise or thinking about it. That hasn't happened much. Your best bet in finding out if there are other solo cruisers on your itinerary is to ask on the "main" roll call.

A few days ago I learned that Norwegian Spirit is offering some Caribbean cruises in April, and also January, with NO single supplement. She sails out of Port Canaveral (Cocoa Beach) at this time of year. On Friday, I booked a 7-nighter leaving April 9. Base price for an Ocean View was $799 solo. I upgraded a little and got a midship picture window for $849. This also includes your choice of one of several perks...I chose the Ultimate Beverage package. Any of you going on this sailing? And if you're looking for a cruise in January or April, do check this out.

Pam