Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi Catty, I booked the Escape next April 23rd. Received a lot of perks when I booked. $300. on board credit, premium drink package and the specialty dinning. I just got home from 11 day Celebrity Equinox so no more cruises for me until next year. :(

Hi everyone, I'm Eileen from Saskatchewan, Canada. I've travelled solo once before when a friend became ill and wasn't able to join me. Since then I've cruised with 3 or 4 others.

This time, I'm booked for the NCL Feb 20-27 2016 on the Escape. I love the idea of not having to pay the single supplement....who knows, I might be able to cruise more often. Although the studio looks fairly small, I tend not to spend much time in the cabin anyway. Looking forward to the lounge and the opportunity to meet others.

Hi. PJ from Sydney Australia. Long time traveller first time cruiser. I've booked myself into RCI Oasis of the Seas for Jan 16-23 2016. I debated between RCI and NCL and was initially attracted to the studio cabin but decided that they just seemed too small and without a window I'd get claustrophobic (interested to see how others who have used them found the size). I've bitten the (rather expensive) bullet and booked an ocean view on Oasis. I'm hoping to meet some people on board but even if I don't hopefully the wealth of activities on that ship helps keep the loneliness / boredom at bay.

Hi. PJ from Sydney Australia. Long time traveller first time cruiser. I've booked myself into RCI Oasis of the Seas for Jan 16-23 2016. I debated between RCI and NCL and was initially attracted to the studio cabin but decided that they just seemed too small and without a window I'd get claustrophobic (interested to see how others who have used them found the size). I've bitten the (rather expensive) bullet and booked an ocean view on Oasis. I'm hoping to meet some people on board but even if I don't hopefully the wealth of activities on that ship helps keep the loneliness / boredom at bay.

Hi PJ don't forget to sign up for the roll call for your cruise. You'll get to meet some people that way and you can sign up for the meet and mingle too.

Hi PJ don't forget to sign up for the roll call for your cruise. You'll get to meet some people that way and you can sign up for the meet and mingle too.

Thanks yep all signed up to both of those :-) Hoping a few more people sign up as its a little quiet so far. I guess its still a LONG way off though so plenty of time :D

I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time on the Oasis. I have never cruised RCI but I have heard good things from friends. I have cruised on both the NCL Breakaway and Getaway and I can tell you that NCL is very solo cruiser friendly. The studio cabin is quite small but functions very well for a solo cruiser. I love not having to pay a single supplement and the studio lounge and the evening Solo Cruiser get-togethers more than make up for the lack of personal living space. I am counting the days to my next cruise on the Breakaway, December 13, 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings all,

I'll be joining the world of solo cruisers this coming January when I embark on my first solo cruise (a 15-day round trip from San Francisco to Hawaii). Looking forward to getting away and just relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm completely new to this forum, which is awesome. I'll be on NCL Epic this November for Thanksgiving for my first European trip ever. I finally bit the bullet because the price was too good to pass ($599!). Maybe I'll meet a couple of you there! :)

Norwegian Epic 21 day cruise 11/27-12/18/2016

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

Mon At Sea------

Tue Tangier, Morocco

Wed At Sea------

Thu Las Palmas, Canary Islands

Fri Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands

Sat Funchal, Madeira

Sun At Sea------

Mon Granada (Malaga), Spain

Tue At Sea------

Wed Barcelona, Spain

Thu At Sea------

Fri Cagliari, Sardinia

Sat At Sea------

Sun Messina (Sicily), Italy

Mon At Sea------

Tue Naples, Italy

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Thu Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Fri At Sea--

Sat Palma, Majorca, Spain

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

Edited by Caribbean King1

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

Mon At Sea------

Tue Tangier, Morocco

Wed At Sea------

Sat Funchal, Madeira

Sun At Sea------

Tue At Sea------

Wed Barcelona, Spain

Thu At Sea------

Fri Cagliari, Sardinia

Sat At Sea------

Mon At Sea------

Tue Naples, Italy

Fri At Sea--

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

Terrific itinerary!

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

Mon At Sea------

Tue Tangier, Morocco

Wed At Sea------

Sat Funchal, Madeira

Sun At Sea------

Tue At Sea------

Wed Barcelona, Spain

Thu At Sea------

Fri Cagliari, Sardinia

Sat At Sea------

Mon At Sea------

Tue Naples, Italy

Fri At Sea--

Sun Barcelona, Spain*

This looks amazing someday I hope "crossing my fingers"

Hey all, just booked a cruise on NCL Gem November 23, 2015. No solo fees, and the price is too good to pass up, especially if you are from NY. Unfortunately there are no solo/single people in their 30-40s as of yet, checked the roll call. Hopefully soon someone will join in.

Can'twaittogo, I'll check out that Mothers Day one, thanks for the tip! I already have one booked on Carnival Splendor for December 6.

ok sungold. I am super excited for the getaway first time on ncl booked on navigator of the sease this November going with a friend.and next jan on the adventure of the sease with my sister.

I haven't sailed on NCL before either. What type of cabin did you book, and do you mind sharing the cost? BTW, I am 61, so I guess I'm not in your demographic, LOL. [emoji6]