Alaska Princess Dress Code?

bola

Packing for 7 day Southbound Cruise on Diamond Princess need HELP! Trying to decide whether to pack a suit coat for formal night. Is it required for main dining room??? I'm thinking a dress shirt & tie would be sufficient. Opinions needed!

All I can say is that there is no "Alaska" Princess dress code.

People in Alaska (believe it or not) do not wear suits in the fields or working on oil rigs or fishing. However, people in Alaska do dress formally for formal occasions in doors.

So, I would advise you to bring your suit. You will not be out of place and will fit right in.

In the evenings you will see men dressed all kinds of ways-tuxes, suits, sport coats, shirt & tie. The Alaska cruises tend to be more casual, but a suit always looks good. We even saw a gentleman in a formal kilt. He looked great. Walking on deck in the evening you may be glad to have a jacket.

Packing for 7 day Southbound Cruise on Diamond Princess need HELP! Trying to decide whether to pack a suit coat for formal night. Is it required for main dining room??? I'm thinking a dress shirt & tie would be sufficient. Opinions needed!

I'm of no personal help, but there have been a few recent threads about this on the Princess board, so you may want to do a search there. Mixed responses about suit jacket vs shirt and tie - seems to depend somewhat on the Maitre D'/Head Waiter.

You will be able to get away with a sport coat, dress shirt and tie. We saw quite a range of clothing on our May Alaska cruise formal nights.

Ladies really have it made as we can mix it up with several choices for formal night from sequins to Sunday church dresses.

Sue

The Maitre d' can't "bar" you from the dining room as long as the man's shirt has a collar. No T-shirts of any kind. No shorts.

Yes they can. It may be rare, but I have read about it happening on some Princess ships if the man is not wearing a jacket on formal nights.

As others have said, there is a wide range of attire. You can probably get away with dress slacks, dress shirt and tie without a jacket. Most men will be wearing a suit or sports coat. If it will make you feel uncomfortable to be underdressed, do bring a jacket of some sort.

We just got back Sunday and we brought formal clothes. I wore dressy pants and a sequin top one night and a dress the other. My husband a suit. But the guy sitting next to us in the dining room had on a flannel shirt and his wife a dressy top and pants. They won't turn you away. But it's more fun eating lobster all dressed up don't you think? :)

We just got back Sunday and we brought formal clothes. I wore dressy pants and a sequin top one night and a dress the other. My husband a suit. But the guy sitting next to us in the dining room had on a flannel shirt and his wife a dressy top and pants. They won't turn you away. But it's more fun eating lobster all dressed up don't you think? :)

The way Princess serves lobster, yes, its doable while dressed up.

The way lobster is supposed to be eaten, why would you ruin your good clothes?

Archived