Silly lobster

hbooden

Someone who gets my sense of humor:)

Love it. Thanks I need this on a Monday.:p:D:D

Sorry, but all I could think of when I saw the title of this thread was . . . "Trix are for kids!"

:D:D

The silly thing is I am really poking fun at myself. I can buy beautiful lobsters here at home...but I don't:) but I sit here going oh I have to be in the mdr for lobster night! Teehee

Meh as long as the gem has a back stock in vodka (hey this will be my first week without kids!) I will have fun:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The silly thing is I am really poking fun at myself. I can buy beautiful lobsters here at home...but I don't:) but I sit here going oh I have to be in the mdr for lobster night! Teehee

Meh as long as the gem has a back stock in vodka (hey this will be my first week without kids!) I will have fun:)

I'll never miss "lobster night". No it's not as tasty as a fresh Maine lobster but i'll still miss it. Hope it's just a temporary supply problem otherwise I'll throw a tantrum.

After having Svedka cocktails in the Ice Bar, I'm (err Ben's) upgrading from the usual Smirnoff to maybe Svedka or Grey Goose. Don't know if was the vodka or the ice cold temperature drinks and room, and the shivering but the Svedka cocktails were smooooooooooooooth. :p

DSCF0136.PNGP1010690y-s.jpg

Well, when you go, your family can have my family's lobsters. Those of us from Maine never touch the lobster "from away". It's always frozen, and it's only tails.

I'm laughing here...grew up in Rumford (Rumfid if you're a native) and I only really eat lobstah when I go back to Maine, which isn't that often. We would get them twice a year in the dining hall at U Maine, I'd always give mine away because eating one was too much like dissecting something.

...I might try the lobstah roll at Ocean Blu takeout though :D

I can do without the crummy lobster in the MDR. I never ordered it when it was there. Most people don't know what GOOD lobster is.

It was certainly forgetable in the MDR. Not much bigger than my thumb.

DSCN4748-vi.jpg

I can do without the crummy lobster in the MDR. I never ordered it when it was there. Most people don't know what GOOD lobster is.

That would be when my husband was in the Air Force and flew to the northeast. I came home from work and screamed bloody murder when I opened the fridge because there were 4 lobsters walking around the shelves. :O

That would be when my husband was in the Air Force and flew to the northeast. I came home from work and screamed bloody murder when I opened the fridge because there were 4 lobsters walking around the shelves. :O

Omg I would have killed him! Husband not the lobster:) teehee

LOL. Have to admit they aren't the prettiest of creatures. :p

DSCN4748-vi.jpg

Thanks for the pix reminding me how bad they are! And those of us from NE know that the color of the shell indicates that this is a "rock lobster" not the Homarus Americanus or northern lobster.

My kids used to take markers and put numbers on the shells, and then have lobster races across the kitchen floor!

I'm laughing here...grew up in Rumford (Rumfid if you're a native) and I only really eat lobstah when I go back to Maine, which isn't that often. We would get them twice a year in the dining hall at U Maine, I'd always give mine away because eating one was too much like dissecting something.

...I might try the lobstah roll at Ocean Blu takeout though :D

Nah, Becky's Diner (there's nothin' finah) is where to go for lobster rolls.

I always laugh when we have folks "from away" come up and order a lobster at a restaurant, and the waiter brings out the bib, and our friends look like "what is going on", and then they bring the plate with the lobster, and they freak out and say "what the heck is that thing, and it's looking at me", and we have to explain that we send just the tails down south, and keep the great claw meat as a secret up north, and then have to give lessons on breaking down the feast from heaven.

Here in the NE the lobster locally are 3.49 lb. Local favorite seafood place had a triple dinner for $18 Friday night, tasty!!! We've never had the Monday lobster special on any NCL cruise and could care less if they ever have it again.

It sounds to me the only ship not serving lobster is Breakaway. No one else is reporting a change.

Since Breakaway has Ocean Blue, maybe they don't want to compete for the seafood dining? This is the same kind of craziness that went on about the change in Cagney's menu. We don't cruise for a specific menu item and won't start now.

Thanks to the OP for starting this post. Some sanity for a change!!!:D

DSCN4748-vi.jpg

Is that it ???:eek: - Well I've never had lobster, coming from the UK I'm more inclined to opt for Crab, and if this is what is on off well then I hope the rice is tasty :rolleyes:

[quote name='chengkp75']Yeah, just to rub it in, it's so common here that we even put it in Mac'n'cheese :p. Latest was $3.99-4.49/lb or $16 for a lobster dinner.[/quote]

I bought fresh lobster ravioli - enough for four people - for $5 a couple of days ago. The pathetic "lobster tail" in the MDR wouldn't have filled enough ravioli to serve one person. :p

You guys from the NE are killing me! I remember going to a place in NH near the Pissawhacki river (something like that, its near Portsmith) called Noogies (or something like that). Can't remember the river or the restaurant, but the lobster was amazing.

Wasn't there a famous prison riot in Maine in the 1800s because the prisoners didn't want to get any more lobster?

[quote name='fshagan']You guys from the NE are killing me! I remember going to a place in NH near the Pissawhacki river (something like that, its near Portsmith) called Noogies (or something like that). Can't remember the river or the restaurant, but the lobster was amazing.

Wasn't there a famous prison riot in Maine in the 1800s because the prisoners didn't want to get any more lobster?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about a riot, but back in the day it was considered cruel and unusual punishment. Many servants in the great houses in Newport, RI, had in their contract that they would not be fed lobster more than twice a week. And lobster in colonial times was used as fertilizer in the apocryphal tales of the Indians teaching the colonists to plant a fish with the corn.

And the river is the Piscataqua. The restaurant was probably "Newick's"?

Archived