Silly lobster

hbooden

I have to be honest I have not cruised yet and it will be a while before I do (booked gem for 14)...but here I sit following every lobster thread to see what is up!

Funny thing is I would never order it in a restaurant but I was like ooohh surf and turf I am in:)

Anyhoo just wondered if anyone is like me reading and saying I was planning on that lobster when in reality it is not such a big deal:)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will if its still available:) I just think its silly that we (myself included) are getting wound up that a couple or 1sailing didn't have the tails at all. Trying to lighten the mood I guess :)

I have to be honest I have not cruised yet and it will be a while before I do (booked gem for 14)...but here I sit following every lobster thread to see what is up!

Funny thing is I would never order it in a restaurant but I was like ooohh surf and turf I am in:)

Anyhoo just wondered if anyone is like me reading and saying I was planning on that lobster when in reality it is not such a big deal:)

Well, when you go, your family can have my family's lobsters. Those of us from Maine never touch the lobster "from away". It's always frozen, and it's only tails.

Well, when you go, your family can have my family's lobsters. Those of us from Maine never touch the lobster "from away". It's always frozen, and it's only tails.

:)

Being in New England, I was confused by all the posts being upset about the lobster not being served too. We're spoiled here because we can have it whenever we want it. Right now prices are very low on lobster. Bad for the fishermen, good for the consumer. We've had years where lobster was so abundant up here we've gotten sick of eating it. I get that if you're looking forward to something and then find out they don't have it, it can be disappointing, but I've often found the lobster on a ship to be disappointing in itself. Like I said, spoiled New Englanders.

Don't really know what to make of why the Breakaway does not have lobster but I am on the gGem right now and they had lobster on the first night.

surf & turf right?--I had it ..and thought it was good...!

Being in New England, I was confused by all the posts being upset about the lobster not being served too. We're spoiled here because we can have it whenever we want it. Right now prices are very low on lobster. Bad for the fishermen, good for the consumer. We've had years where lobster was so abundant up here we've gotten sick of eating it. I get that if you're looking forward to something and then find out they don't have it, it can be disappointing, but I've often found the lobster on a ship to be disappointing in itself. Like I said, spoiled New Englanders.

Yeah, just to rub it in, it's so common here that we even put it in Mac'n'cheese :p. Latest was $3.99-4.49/lb or $16 for a lobster dinner.

I think what I found the funniest was that it was people who were staying in the suites or The Haven having a hissy fit about it not being served, um, you can afford a suite or the Haven but missing a tiny (often crappy) little lobster tail is going to ruin your entire trip?

I think what I found the funniest was that it was people who were staying in the suites or The Haven having a hissy fit about it not being served, um, you can afford a suite or the Haven but missing a tiny (often crappy) little lobster tail is going to ruin your entire trip?

*laughing*

Right? My point! Even my cruise was a deal but surely I can also afford a lobster:) but I live at the shore maybe I am spoiled!

I've got to admit, DD was 9 when we took her on a cruise and when they served the lobster tails she looked at the waiter and asked where the rest was. The waiter brought her a second one and he was immediately her best friend for the trip.

Right? My point! Even my cruise was a deal but surely I can also afford a lobster:) but I live at the shore maybe I am spoiled!

"But I'm entitled to that little crustacean fella, it doesn't say anywhere in the cruise contract that they can take it away, I demand my rights as a US citizen to a frozen lobster tail, and I will scream at Guest Services until I get one".

Seen it too many times. While keeping lobster alive in quantities necessary to feed the cruise industry in ports "away", would cost a fortune, I would like to see the lines start serving fresh, never frozen, filet mignon and steaks in Cagney's, etc.

It's just a good thing that most folks don't know about shipping lobsters from NE to the rest of the country is not all that expensive, or the price us locals pay would jump.

The Lobster thing means nothing to us: we usually eat in a specialty dining room or Lobster night. I don't expect quality Lobster on a ship in the MDR.

Archived