Self Laundry question on Sojourn

JPH814

I understand there are washers and dryers for use on board the Sojourn. Is laundry detergent available on board (either free or for purchase) or should we plan to bring it with us. (I am not looking forward to using it, but we have a 12 day trip and a quick load of wash will make packing a little easier)

I understand there are washers and dryers for use on board the Sojourn. Is laundry detergent available on board (either free or for purchase) or should we plan to bring it with us. (I am not looking forward to using it, but we have a 12 day trip and a quick load of wash will make packing a little easier)

Yes, detergent is available and free.

But there is also an excellent laundry service on-board at $50 a bag .... and you would be amazed at how much I can get in a bag. The laundry comes back impeccably clean, ironed and folded.

Why spend $15,000 on a cruise and then balk at an extra $50 to get your laundry done for you?

But there is also an excellent laundry service on-board at $50 a bag .... and you would be amazed at how much I can get in a bag. The laundry comes back impeccably clean, ironed and folded.

Why spend $15,000 on a cruise and then balk at an extra $50 to get your laundry done for you?

Exactly....go figure.:rolleyes:

Sounds good to me....thanks!

Thanks for the $50 tip :rolleyes:

I didn't even look at the laundry bag as we had 2 loads.... Hmm

when I went to wash on boarding yesterday, there was a huge queue, and the drier was full of cloth diapers....

When the drier had been re set 2x 30 mins by other pax, someone finally removed them, still damp I guess, because the owner was not impressed when they came back and found them in the basket.

(and people wonder why kids aren't always tolerated?)

Live from Sojourn :D

Joe,I should be careful washing that suit you own.:D

Just off Sojourn a week ago and the queue for laundry was super long. Didn't know the $50 deal I will use this next time.

There are only two Self Service Launderette rooms for the whole ship.:(

Compare to Silversea Spirit 7 self service launderette :cool:

Just off Sojourn a week ago and the queue for laundry was super long. Didn't know the $50 deal I will use this next time.

There are only two Self Service Launderette rooms for the whole ship.:(

Compare to Silversea Spirit 7 self service launderette :cool:

I don't get it?...queuing for launderettes on a Luxury Cruise?:confused:

Silver 'spirit has 550 passengers. the ratio is still not appropriate but who cares? As others have said why even bother if you can get a whole bag of laundry for $50. Plus many are gold members or higher and can get one bag free every seven days.

I don't get it?...queuing for launderettes on a Luxury Cruise?:confused:

Yes, if you only carry the minimum, which would run out before you can fill up the laundry bag. We actually like to do our own underware laundry, thank you very much.

Archived