Suite Review of the Allure 06.30.2013

What a fantastic review. Thanks so much for doing it.

Thank you!

Such a good review ! Only 9 weeks to go till we board. I love doing the rock wall, I have done it on every cruise, and Allure's looks challenging !

It will be here before you know it! Good luck on the rock wall :)

Very nice review. The Allure is an outstanding ship. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Thank you for reading!

Cruise Day 8 - No you can't make me leave!!

We had opted to do the self debark, where you carry off your own luggage. You could debark the ship at 6:30 so we were up at 5:30 getting ready and packing the few last minute items we had. The only venue open for breakfast at that hour was the Windjammer. This was my first look in the Windjammer, and I wasn't upset that I hadn't seen it to this point. There were quite a few options, but even at this hour, when you think the items should have been at their freshest, there was dried out pancakes and waffles. Not impressed.

Once we finished breakfast it was time to leave. We gathered all of our belongings and did one final room check to make sure that we weren't leaving anything behind. We were able to grab an elevator easily and headed down to deck 5. We were able to walk right off to the terminal, breezed through customs/immigration and grabbed a cab to the airport. We arrived at the airport before 7!

Our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until noon, so when we checked in at the airport we inquired about the earlier 8 o'clock flight. There were seats available, and we were able to make the flight! What luck! We were back in Boston (and it's a miracle that all of our luggage arrived too) by 11:30 and back home by 4. I was even able to get my dogs back home a day earlier than expected. :D

In summary...

So, what did I, a person who could take or leave a cruise, think about our cruise on the Allure? I really loved it! I absolutely loved cruising in a suite. Just having so much extra room made things much more comfortable. I loved all of the dining options available. I thought the entertainment was fantastic.

Of course some things will never change on a cruise, like crowded pools on a sea day. But, I would for sure do another cruise on one of these mega ships again. These ships really do have something for everyone, and all three of us thought the vacation was a smashing success!

Thanks so much for your cohesive review. It was the perfect length and gives me more courage to go on a Big Ship. Please explain the vodka and cranberries. I really like cosmopolitans in the concierge lounge. Are the cranberries whole and just vodka added? Did your daughter never enter the CL with you?

I know it seems awful for horses to just pee and poop (especially in the ocean) but horse owners really are happy when their horse(s) poop. It just means all is well in the gut department. And it is all just vegetable matter.

Thanks so much for your cohesive review. It was the perfect length and gives me more courage to go on a Big Ship. Please explain the vodka and cranberries. I really like cosmopolitans in the concierge lounge. Are the cranberries whole and just vodka added? Did your daughter never enter the CL with you?

I know it seems awful for horses to just pee and poop (especially in the ocean) but horse owners really are happy when their horse(s) poop. It just means all is well in the gut department. And it is all just vegetable matter.

Vodka and cranberry is vodka with cranberry juice, usually with a lime. Sorry the way i worded it made it seem like it had cranberries, when i really meant multiple drinks. :) My daughter came with us to the concierge lounge just about every time. Occasionally I would make a coffee run without her.

I've been around horses quite a bit, and I don't mind horse poop. I just don't want to swim in it. :D

Hello,

Great review! Did your daughter spend anytime in the teen club? My son will be 13 on my next Allure sailing, so any info you have to share will be great.

Thank you

Rachel:D

Hi Rachel. Sorry, my daughter wasn't interested in participating in any of the teen activities, so I don't have any information about the teen club. They do provide a list of daily activities, kind of like a mini cruise compass. I hope you have a great cruise on the Allure!

Very nice review.

Well thought out.

We sailed in July, and we were given the new soda cups with updated design. There cute (already stored in basement, but cute).

Sea Ya

Thanks Sue. It is a nice size cup. I think we will use ours in the future.

Archived